PDA

View Full Version : Some Q&A With Adam Dunn

BoydsOfSummer
02-14-2007, 10:05 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/baseballblog/archives/2007/02/already_in_flor_1.html

Porter's Adam Dunn, the Cincinnati Reds slugger from New Caney High, and Chris Sampson met this winter training together in Tomball with Dennis Fay at Texas Sports Medicine. Kip Wells also trains there.
Dunn has agreed to do a Q&A with Sampson giving the questions. The Chronicle also has added some questions.
Chris Sampson: How did you feel going 0-for-4 off me last year? I faced you four times. A couple of groundouts, a couple pop ups.
Adam Dunn: First off, I faced you four times and you didn't punch me, I would say that would be a moral victory for myself. But do not miss your location.
Sampson: What pitch do you struggle with the most?
Dunn: I would say like most hitters in the league would say, fastball right down the middle.
Sampson: Are you ever going to fulfill on your offer to take me hunting on your ranch and take me and my wife out to dinner?
Dunn: The hunting all depends on if I go 0-for-4 off ya again. But no matter what happens, I will take your wife to dinner. I guess you can come too.
Sampson: Who's the best non-Astros major-leaguer from the Houston area right now?
Dunn: Would say that Carl Crawford is right now.
Sampson: What was your favorite part of our workouts this offseason?
Dunn: Afterward going to Mel's watching you drive through a ditch in your wife's new Tahoe. (By the way, Adam, Heather just found out for the first time how her Tahoe ended up with red mud. Thanks for the added tension. JJO)
Houston Chronicle: Who was your favorite Astros player growing up?
Dunn: Alan Ashby
Chronicle: Nolan Ryan or Roger Clemens? Who was the greatest pitcher to wear an Astros uniform?
Dunn: Charlie Kerfield
Chronicle: Which Astros pitcher would you rather not face?
Dunn:Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... Chris Sampson. LOL. LOL. I would say Roy because he dominates us every year.
Chronicle: How are you feeling heading into camp. Do you like the Reds' chances in the NL Central?
Dunn: I feel great going into spring. We will have to play as good as we can every single night. I think the Central is the most difficult division in baseball.

• • •

Adam Dunn shot some questions back to Chris Sampson:
Dunn: Since you are having a boy, what are you going to name him? That was my wife Rachel's question. Sorry.
Sampson: It was going to be Adam until I met you. Then I changed it to Christopher James. I'm naming him after my dad and me. My father's name is James Edward, but you know he goes by Eddie.
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedayastros/dunn.jpg
Tom Gannam: AP
Adam Dunn is good with a glove and a witty comeback. Dunn: What is your most effective pitch and why?
Sampson: A four-seam fastball right between No. 44. Seriously, though, my No. 1 pitch is a sinker. You should know. You're 0-for-4 off me. I got you to pop up on a curveball and a slider. The two groundouts were on sinkers."
Dunn: Time to get you in some trouble. Which Astro is the cheapest, (besides yourself), when it comes to tipping at a restaurant?
Sampson: How could I put this? I wouldn't know because I don't think there's anybody cheaper than me. Shoot. I guess you'd know I'd be nervous about answering this question. Give a rookie a break, man. I wouldn't know. I've never paid for anything. My boys always took care of me.

Posted by Jose de Jesus Ortiz at February 12, 2007 10:05 PM

thatcoolguy_22
02-14-2007, 10:11 PM
adam dunn is now nominated for the :pimp: of the year!!