PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

GIK
02-17-2007, 07:57 PM
First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for making our seventh year nothing less than spectacular. I like to think this is one of the better sites on the 'Net and it's clear why...you! We have a very high caliber group of individuals here who, on a daily basis, share great information with us all.

Thank you!

Every year, about this time as Pitchers and Catchers report, we ask for donations to keep the site running smoothly for the season. Hopefully one of these times I'll hit the Mega Millions and this won't be necessary, but until then, it is our way of continuing RedsZone without distracting banner or pop-up ads. As we continue to grow and become more popular, we are solicited more frequently to do this. I would rather not.

Unlike many other websites or forums which rely on this form of intrusive advertising, RedsZone does not and never has. The site is made possible through voluntary donations by members. If you enjoy RedsZone, then please support it by making a donation.

Donations may be made through PayPal (A PayPal account is NOT needed. You can also use a Credit Card or eCheck).

To make a donation, please click the link below:

DONATE! (http://www.redszone.com/donate.html)

Mostly though, we're offering that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside for helping out. Of course, nobody is under ANY obligation to participate. If you choose not to donate, it's 100% OK and all your current privileges will continue. If you do, I and everyone else who uses the forum can't thank you enough. You all already make this a pretty cool place to hang out and you'll be keeping that going.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

-Matt :beerme:

deltachi8
02-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder, GIK.

George Foster
02-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks, I will donate. I don't think any of us would mind ad's at the top right of the page as long as they were not pop-up's or blinking. We know this site takes money to operate and with the amount of traffic it gets, you could sell ads easy. Just my opinion. Extra money could help put a little pocket change in the mods pockets for all the time and work they put into helping keep this site 1st class.:thumbup:

jmcclain19
02-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks, I will donate. I don't think any of us would mind ad's at the top right of the page as long as they were not pop-up's or blinking. We know this site takes money to operate and with the amount of traffic it gets, you could sell ads easy. Just my opinion. Extra money could help put a little pocket change in the mods pockets for all the time and work they put into helping keep this site 1st class.:thumbup:

I'm all about doubling the mods current salary.

Razor Shines
02-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm all about doubling the mods current salary.

Why stop there lets quadruple that bad boy they've had a good year.

fearofpopvol1
02-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know if this is something that is offered or has been considered, but have you thought about offering up reputation points for donations? I don't think you should be able to buy your way to 200 or anything, but what about a max of 25 or something? I think it would maybe encourage donations. Just a thought.

thatcoolguy_22
02-18-2007, 02:05 AM
I don't know if this is something that is offered or has been considered, but have you thought about offering up reputation points for donations? I don't think you should be able to buy your way to 200 or anything, but what about a max of 25 or something? I think it would maybe encourage donations. Just a thought.

if people will donate then w/e. I vote that everyone just donate to me though :evil:

Caveat Emperor
02-18-2007, 04:27 AM

Maybe I speak for only myself, but I think that being able to post to a board that is almost completely free of trolling, spamming, and juvenile antics while still maintaining a free discourse with insightful analysis, humor and a great atmosphere is incentive enough to cough a couple bucks up.

If you like the site and use it frequently, just consider donating to keep it exactly the way it is -- a great place to talk with fellow Reds fans.

GAC
02-18-2007, 05:06 AM
I can't say enough about this site. Especially after the '06 my family had. It's far more then a simple sports forum. I see it more as a circle of great friends who are involved.

pedro
02-18-2007, 12:59 PM
And for those of you without a paypal account paypal is now letting you just use a direct CC payment w/out creating an account. I just did it.

tripleaaaron
02-19-2007, 01:28 AM
I definately will, But I do agree that a few ads wouldn't be that bad as long as not flashing ads or pop ups, but a few links or something that would add to the funds would not be frowned upon

paintmered
02-19-2007, 02:29 AM
It's always been the goal of Redszone to operate free of ads. In seven years, Redszone hasn't seen a single ad.

ThatsAStrike
02-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Since moving from Northern Kentucky to Austin a year and a half ago, Redszone is my main source of Reds news. I'm more than happy to donate.

Doc. Scott
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Done. Should get you another fifteen minutes' worth of hookers and blow.

zombie-a-go-go
02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Done. Should get you another fifteen minutes' worth of hookers and blow.

I only need ten.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm on a student's budget, but more than willing to give a few bucks here and there. Every little bit counts right? lol

reds1869
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Glad to help out. This is the best sports board I've ever seen.

registerthis
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
It's always been the goal of Redszone to operate free of ads. In seven years, Redszone hasn't seen a single ad.

Well, I remember a couple of ads for some websites of--shall we say, questionable goods and/or services. But those got deleted rather quickly. :)

paintmered
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
But those got deleted rather quickly. :)

You know it. ;)

edabbs44
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Happy to donate...thanks for the entertainment.

Johnny Footstool
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
You've got my money, now quit calling me during dinnertime!

redsfan1966
02-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I just added to the till---I would like to also echo the comments of others that I have found this to be one of the most interactive, informative and entertaining sports websites on the internet--and thankfully, it centers around my favorite pro sports team. Glad to help and proud to be a member.

danwl
02-22-2007, 01:21 AM

Paypal sent. I'M LOVIN' IT b/c I can use RedsZone to catch up on recent Reds news while I ENJOY A BUD while I EAT AT JOE'S. If you don't like it, fine, HAVE IT YOUR WAY.

George Anderson
02-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Money is deposited. I can give more money as soon as the blood bank opens.:)

hebroncougar
02-25-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm happy to donate too to keep advertising from showing up.

hebroncougar
02-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Paypal sent. I'M LOVIN' IT b/c I can use RedsZone to catch up on recent Reds news while I ENJOY A BUD while I EAT AT JOE'S. If you don't like it, fine, HAVE IT YOUR WAY.

:laugh: :laugh:

crazybob60
02-27-2007, 12:14 AM
As soon as I get back on my feet financially, I have essentially detailed some of the strell and lack of participating in the thread I started regarding the four players and their production, I will most definitely contribution to the site....one of, if not the best overall site and message boards out there (and that is overall sites that I visit!!!!)

maniem
03-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Just sent mine...Keep up the good work guys!

Blitz Dorsey
03-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Google ads are good and an easy way for a website to make money, FYI. And there would be no pop-ups or flashing ads. Just some random Google ads at the bottom of the page.

GIK
03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
The one thing I hate about Google ads are those that are placed after the first post. Those are incredibly annoying. If they were only at the bottom of the page it wouldn't be so bad, but I also doubt they'd be very effective (and, thus, not generate a lot of revenue) either.

coachw513
03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I hereby forego 1 Frappuccino per month for the next year to enjoy watching us make fools of ourselves rooting this team on:clap:

fargo55
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
This is a great site. I'm relatively, actually real, new. How do I donate?

fargo55
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Sorry, I didn't see the giant DONATE to click on. The $'s are there. Fargo55

EddieMilner
03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Money is in. If it wasn't for this site, I would probably do a lot more work. Thanks for keeping me up to date on my team even though I live 4.5 hours away.