PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

Jpup
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
McFarlane Cincinnati Reds Johnny Bench Cooperstown Series 4 Action Figure

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3381833dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2558441&cp=1452348

# McFarlane Johnny Bench Action Figure in his Cincinnati reds Uniform.
# All new, never seen-before sculpt. Kick off the 2007 baseball season with the newest collection, Cooperstown 4.

Ships in 4-5 weeks.

I've seen these for as little as 10 bucks on other sites, but this looks like a neat set. The new collection includes:

Ted Williams
Ozzie Smith
Roger Maris
Joe DiMaggio
Steve Carlton

I don't own any of these, but after checking them out, I may have to get into it.

Gainesville Red
02-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I have one of Griffey and one of Dunn. They look pretty cool, but not nearly as cool as that one.

TOBTTReds
02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I have about 100 Kenner Starting Lineups in my basement. This beats those by a little bit.

Johnny Footstool
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
The detail on the figure is cool, but the pose is lame. It looks like something out of America's Funnies Home Videos.

George Anderson
02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
The detail on the figure is cool, but the pose is lame. It looks like something out of America's Funnies Home Videos.

That is a very, very interesting pose indeed!!!!:rolleyes:

Red Leader
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
McFarlane does an awesome job of replicating players. I love their figures. I have a couple of football figures: Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis; and baseball figures: Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn, and Victor Martinez. I will be adding this Johnny Bench to my collection because Bench is one of my favorite players of all time.

I will admit, as Johnny said, that his pose is pretty lame. It is better than Ozzie Smith's though, of him doing his "flip". Lame.

WMR
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
They should have done him stepping out in front of home plate gunning down a runner

dougdirt
02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
This figure is one of the best figures McFarlane has come out with, in any sport. I cant believe some of you guys dont like it.

Johnny Footstool
02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
They should have done him stepping out in front of home plate gunning down a runner

Throwing from his knees would have been cool.

Johnny Footstool
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
McFarlane does an awesome job of replicating players. I love their figures. I have a couple of football figures: Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis; and baseball figures: Ken Griffey, Adam Dunn, and Victor Martinez. I will be adding this Johnny Bench to my collection because Bench is one of my favorite players of all time.

I didn't realize they had produced an Adam Dunn figure. What's he doing? Lounging in a leather chair? Walking to his position? Watching strike 3 whistle by? ;)

Red Leader
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Throwing from his knees would have been cool.

I had always hoped the McFarlane would do a Benito Santiago figure like that. He was one of the catchers I loved to watch growing up and tried to emulate as a player behind the plate.

Red Leader
02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I didn't realize they had produced an Adam Dunn figure. What's he doing? Lounging in a leather chair? Walking to his position? Watching strike 3 whistle by? ;)

Nope.

To Marty's surprise, he's just flat our raking:

http://www.spawntoys.com/images/mlb3_adunn.jpg

Grounds_Crew
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
I also collect these, good post! I don't mind the pose, I mean, the guy's going over the fence to grab a ball...did you expect him to be posing? Haha, anyway, I'm gonna grab one of these.

I have every bobblehead from the past 4 years too!

roby
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Or they could have had him taking a third strike in the world series against Oakland when he thought they were intentionally walking him. Sorry, everybody, I just couldn't resist. :bang:

WMR
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Or they could have had him taking a third strike in the world series against Oakland when he thought they were intentionally walking him. Sorry, everybody, I just couldn't resist. :bang:

What a great way to memorialize in a single pose the greatest catcher of all-time.

Yachtzee
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM

Could be worse. For that real "America's Funniest Home Videos" look, they could have had him in a "Baseball Bunch" pose, with Dugout Wizard Tommy Lasorda hitting him in the naughty bits with a baseball bat.

WMR
02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Could be worse. For that real "America's Funniest Home Videos" look, they could have had him in a "Baseball Bunch" pose, with Dugout Wizard Tommy Lasorda hitting him in the naughty bits with a baseball bat.

McFarlane Toys Artists Impression of Tommy LaSorda?

http://www.figuresdirect.com.au/Images/mfspawn/series27clown5.jpg

Johnny Footstool
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM

:beerme:

Degenerate39
02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Rumor has it they're making one for Royce Clayton

Dunner44
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Rumor has it they're making one for Royce Clayton

Ah, that goes well with the Cooperstown collection ;)

Yachtzee
02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Ah, that goes well with the Cooperstown collection ;)

Maybe in Alice Cooperstown. :p:

HumnHilghtFreel
02-21-2007, 01:41 AM
http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3172

I think it looks a lot better in some of the other angles.

I really like looking at these things lol