PDA

View Full Version : I got it, I got it, I got it!

George Foster
02-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Today was Christmas for me. Went back to the office after lunch and there it was....the new jersey!

The "Mr. Red" patch makes the jersey. The replica jersey DOES NOT have the patch fellow Red Zoners...buyer beware.

Sorry VaticanPlum, I know I'm bringing "sexy back" with my game face and new jersey, but I'm married.:laugh: :laugh:

The first pick of the 2022 amateur baseball draft will get his personalized jersey next week with the number....you guessed it...#22!!

Grounds_Crew
02-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Sweet Jersey dude...looking all tough in that thing dude! Hahaha

George Foster
02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Sweet Jersey dude...looking all tough in that thing dude! Hahaha

You need to get one and wear it everynight to the Pittsburgh Pirates games:thumbup: :thumbup:

Grounds_Crew
02-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I was just thinking the SAME thing, haha.

RedFanAlways1966
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Looks good, George. MLB should thank you for making me want one now.

Grounds_Crew
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
By the way, the very first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was George Grand.

"He got it...He got it..."

:rockband:

justincredible
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
That is one sharp looking jersey. Is it a blank one? I haven't been able to find any authentic player jerseys yet.

Did you buy it from mlb.com?

Caveat Emperor
02-20-2007, 10:19 PM
The first pick of the 2022 amateur baseball draft will get his personalized jersey next week with the number....you guessed it...#22!!

I'd be afraid that getting an Eric Milton jersey might traumatize a child. :evil:

George Foster
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
That is one sharp looking jersey. Is it a blank one? I haven't been able to find any authentic player jerseys yet.

Did you buy it from mlb.com?

MLB.COM SUCKS!!! All they have is size 60. Thanks for being ready for the buying season MLB:thumbdown :thumbdown

I started a thread in the non-baseball forum about the web site I purchased it from. It was about $20 cheaper than MLB.COM

I am getting it personalized. I have a picture of the Reds press release about the jerseys and our local sports shop assures me they can match the size and the font for me. They will actually let me see it before they sow it on.

George Foster
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd be afraid that getting an Eric Milton jersey might traumatize a child. :evil:

This is the last year you will see Milton in a Reds uniform:thumbup:

You will see the #22 again in a few years, but the name on the Jersey will be
JOHNSON:)

red-in-la
02-21-2007, 04:00 AM
Great jersey.....I have to say that I was never one for wearing franchise items.....I think they are meant for the real players....but that is just my dumb way of looking at it.

[brag on]

Speaking of jerseys on folks though....I hope to live long enough to see one real Reds jersey on my grandson.

He is 8 years old and just starting his 3rd year of little league. Actually, it is his second as he missed all but the first inning of the first game last season when he broke his elbow while pitching.

Anyway, he is doing what they call "playing up" this year. He is playing with 10 and 11 year olds. In his first inning pitching a scrimmage, he struck out the side. All of the hitters were 11 years old.....and.....the 3 best hitters on the team.

[brag off]

RollyInRaleigh
02-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Great jersey.....I have to say that I was never one for wearing franchise items.....I think they are meant for the real players....but that is just my dumb way of looking at it.

[brag on]

Speaking of jerseys on folks though....I hope to live long enough to see one real Reds jersey on my grandson.

He is 8 years old and just starting his 3rd year of little league. Actually, it is his second as he missed all but the first inning of the first game last season when he broke his elbow while pitching.

Anyway, he is doing what they call "playing up" this year. He is playing with 10 and 11 year olds. In his first inning pitching a scrimmage, he struck out the side. All of the hitters were 11 years old.....and.....the 3 best hitters on the team.

[brag off]

Make sure they are careful with that arm, red. Little League baseball has installed a pitch count system this season that will help, but I know a lot of coaches who abuse kids arms in practice.

RedLegSuperStar
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Make sure they are careful with that arm, red. Little League baseball has installed a pitch count system this season that will help, but I know a lot of coaches who abuse kids arms in practice.

Haha!

RollyInRaleigh
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Haha!

:confused:

FutureRedsGM
02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry VaticanPlum, I know I'm bringing "sexy back" with my game face and new jersey, but I'm married.:laugh: :laugh:

I tried to bring sexy back, but the store told me that I have had it too long so I'll have to keep it.

red-in-la
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM

They (his parents) are being EXTREMELY careful. Last season my grandson broken the tip of bone from his elbow where one of the tendons attaches. He loves to pitch, and we thought, until last week, that he might have to just play 1B or something. But the bone healed just fine by itself with nothing more than rest and he is back at blowing them away.

My grandson is also a heck of a hitter....best on his team the first two years.

Tommyjohn25
02-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Welp...now I have to have one. Even though I really can't afford it.

Which means I'll be posting the pictures of mine in this thread soon. :evil: