PDA

View Full Version : New Hats

TheWalls
02-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Has anyone seen the new polyester hats? Wicks away sweat, doesn't fade, doesn't leave salt marks???

Maybe I'm just getting old but isn't that the sign of a good ball cap? What happened to baseball players wanting to get dirty? Pine tar and dirt on the batting helmets and all that. There used to be players that wore disgusting hats because they were "lucky".

I remember during the white with red pinstripe era having a Reds hat almost bleed to pink.

Maybe today's pretty boys need polyster, give me a wool hat any day. Didn't we learned our lessons about polyester with the unis in the 70's?

Grounds_Crew
02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Read this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-mlb-newcap&prov=ap&type=lgns

It's an article that tells everything you need or care to know about the hats.

"We're proud to enact the commissioner's initiatives to bring performance to the field in a major way and really to make our players more comfortable," he said. "It's all about the performance initiative and this is the first major step in a lot of things that are going to be seen throughout the season which are really going to revolutionize our field."

But for the fan who might have trouble letting go, New Era will continue to produce wool models, though of the fashion variety, in non-authentic colors and styles.

That sucks for us people who really enjoy the hats the way they currently are.

redsfanmia
02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Maybe today's pretty boys need polyster, give me a wool hat any day. Didn't we learned our lessons about polyester with the unis in the 70's?

Those uni's worked pretty good for the Reds in the 70's.

vaticanplum
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Polyester doesn't breathe, but it doesn't wrinkle either.

Signed,
Life in Fashion Wisdom Day Calendar
February 21, 2007

RollyInRaleigh
02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Didn't we learned our lessons about polyester with the unis in the 70's?

Uhh, last time I checked, they still were made of polyester.

zombie-a-go-go
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I go through a wool cap every year because I end up wearing them either in the rain or when I'm biking, and by the end of the season it's shrunk to the point that I can't fit it around my head. And I have to hunt to find a cap in my size (thanks to my apparently incredibly gigantic head), so anything that makes them last longer is aces in my book.

redsfan30
02-22-2007, 10:07 AM
I remember during the white with red pinstripe era having a Reds hat almost bleed to pink.

Maybe I'm alone, but I loved those hats.

HotCorner
02-22-2007, 11:06 AM
I go through a wool cap every year because I end up wearing them either in the rain or when I'm biking, and by the end of the season it's shrunk to the point that I can't fit it around my head. And I have to hunt to find a cap in my size (thanks to my apparently incredibly gigantic head), so anything that makes them last longer is aces in my book.

Ditto. This is why I love the old Reds BP cap (the black one) because I don't have to worry about it shrinking.