PDA

View Full Version : Subscribers to Baseball Prospectus

Goten
02-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Could you please post this article in full length?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=5813

jojo
02-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Here's the gist....now is the golden age....

TOBTTReds
02-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Could you please post this article in full length?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=5813

No. We've had Baseball America on us about this type of thing in the past. No need to get BP doing the same thing.

IslandRed
02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
As a BP subscriber, I've read it, but it doesn't really break any new ground to a reader of RedsZone. The article is about how the Reds *can* win the World Series, as part of a series of articles covering all 30 teams (can't wait to read the Royals version). It's a typical set of best-case scenarios: Bailey comes up soon and effectively, Dunn rakes all year, Gonzalez solidifies the defense, etc. just to pick out a few examples. I thought it was a strange omission that he didn't say anything about moving Griffey out of center field, though.

The conclusion was that the division isn't that strong, and if the best-case scenarios play out the Reds could win 85-90 games which might be good enough, and once in the playoffs anything can happen.

westofyou
02-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Conclusion:

While the Reds certainly have many question marks, they have many reasons to be optimistic. If at least a few of these marginal improvements occur, then the team could win 85-90 games, which might be good enough to win the NL Central. Once they get to the playoffs, a top three of Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey might be enough to get the job done. It's enough to give Reds fans reason to hope.

jojo
02-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I think this thread was referencing the Dan Fox article, not the one by Erickson... ????

:dunno:

IslandRed
02-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I think this thread was referencing the Dan Fox article, not the one by Erickson... ????

:dunno:

You're right. I didn't even follow the link, I just assumed he was talking about the one involving the Reds. My fault.

Goten
02-28-2007, 11:02 PM
No. We've had Baseball America on us about this type of thing in the past. No need to get BP doing the same thing.

Alright, thanks anywy.