PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread 3-6-07

Pages : [1] 2

cincy09
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Lineup 3/6

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Oh, you know you don't come into the PEP, Progress Energy Park, expecting to win. BUt our men are unstoppable -- who knows which force will be greater today.

Here's the lineup for the Unstoppable Redlegs:

6 Ryan Freel .......................CF
2 Alex Gonzalez ..................SS
21 Scott Hatteberg ................ 1B
44 Adam Dunn .......................LF
19 Jeff Conine .......................DH
46 Mark Bellhorn ................... 2B
26 David Ross ......................... C
9 Juan Castro ...................... 3B
27 Chris Denorfia ..................RF
22 Eric Milton ......................LHP

Here's the pitchers on the trip:
31 Belisle, Matt ......................RHP
65 Coutlangus, Jon ................LHP
66 Dumatrait, Phil ..................LHP
74 Kershner, Jason ................LHP
58 Medlock, Calvin .................RHP
22 Milton, Eric ........................LHP
57 Santos, Victor ....................RHP
37 Shackelford, Brian .............LHP

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm at work, so if someone can provide play by play then that would be much appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

GO REDS!

Redsland
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Deno plays in right, not center.

He hits ninth. After people like Gonzo and Castro.

Folks, you can stop wondering if he's coming north with the team. He isn't.

BRM
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
The young body of Jeff Conine making a start.

BRM
03-06-2007, 11:33 AM

He'll have to hit .500 for the spring to be considered for the 5th OF spot...

NJReds
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Nope. He's got options, and he's going down to Louisville. He'll probably be the first player recalled if/when Jr. or Freel goes on the DL.

Redsland
03-06-2007, 11:36 AM
He'll have to hit .500 for the spring to be considered for the 5th OF spot...
Spring training doesn't mean anything.
-Marty

BRM
03-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Spring training doesn't mean anything.
-Marty

So we have to base it on past and future projected performance? Good. Deno should be no worse than the 4th outfielder then.

cincy09
03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm at work, so if someone can provide play by play then that would be much appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

GO REDS!

I don't think there is any type of broadcast for today's game

redsfan30
03-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Wasn't Junior supposed to be in the lineup today?

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I like our chances if those hitters are facing those pitchers. :)

BRM
03-06-2007, 11:46 AM

I can't wait to see where Junior takes the field for his first game. It will be very telling.

OesterPoster
03-06-2007, 11:46 AM

I believe Marty said Tuesday or Wednesday during the broadcast over the weekend.

redsfan30
03-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I believe Marty said Tuesday or Wednesday during the broadcast over the weekend.

Yeah that's what I was going off of. I thought they said he was playing Tuesday and Wednesday...must have been Tuesday or Wednesday.

Carin4Narron
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Lineup 3/6

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Oh, you know you don't come into the PEP, Progress Energy Park, expecting to win. BUt our men are unstoppable -- who knows which force will be greater today.

Here's the lineup for the Unstoppable Redlegs:
I still prefer Al Lang or call it the ''Heater'' because sitting in that stadium in the sun is like sitting in a oven. :)

coachw513
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Shouldn't we be saving this lineup for a big Sunday afternoon game against the Cardinals???:jump:

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah that's what I was going off of. I thought they said he was playing Tuesday and Wednesday...must have been Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah, because they're usually very upfront about his injuries.

Ahhhorsepoo
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
The young body of Jeff Conine making a start.

When I was younger.. living in Florida, I had to do a school report on the social, and economic impact of the great pyramids.. soo I, being a good student, was the only one in the class who got a first hand account of the building process, daily accounts, and even what kind of food they had.. needless to say.. I got an A+++ .. all thanks to Jeff Conine..

BRM
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Is gametime 1:05 again?

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM

I've already succumbed to this reality.

It's a shame it wasn't a fair fight. He should be dealt immediately, before they get nothing for him a la Brady Clark. No offense to Shawn Estes.

BEETTLEBUG
03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I Thought Griffey Was Going To Be In Lineup Today ? Did They Change Their Mind?

pedro
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
The Reds can't afford to trade Deno. They'll need him due to injuries before the season is over (or maybe even when it starts).

texasdave
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I've already succumbed to this reality.

It's a shame it wasn't a fair fight. He should be dealt immediately, before they get nothing for him a la Brady Clark. No offense to Shawn Estes.

Why would the Reds deal Denorfia? They are going to need him in 2007. I would be shocked if neither Griffey nor Freel spent major time on the DL.

EDIT:Pedro has been able to type faster than me ever since High School. =)

Eric_Davis
03-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Who's playing?

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Who's playing?

Did you not look at the first post in the thread?

KronoRed
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
The Reds can't afford to trade Deno. They'll need him due to injuries before the season is over (or maybe even when it starts).

That might be good insurance for the Reds but I think it's sad a guy is going to lose high talent years hanging out in AAA waiting for people to get hurt.

They should deal Freel.

BRM
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
They should deal Freel.

I won't be surprised if they deal him sometime during spring training.

OesterPoster
03-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I won't be surprised if they deal him sometime during spring training.

Hamilton's progress might help expedite that...

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 12:41 PM
That might be good insurance for the Reds but I think it's sad a guy is going to lose high talent years hanging out in AAA waiting for people to get hurt.

They should deal Freel.

They should deal one of them. And Krono is on point...to have this guy waste his best years waiting for someone to get hurt is a waste in itself.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Why would the Reds deal Denorfia? They are going to need him in 2007. I would be shocked if neither Griffey nor Freel spent major time on the DL.

EDIT:Pedro has been able to type faster than me ever since High School. =)

The Reds aren't so loaded in their other positions that you can hold depth down on the farm.

First you worry about your starting team, then your depth. Who cares about your backups when your starting rotation has 3 huge question marks?

BRM
03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's the Ray's lineup per http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/

Rocco Baldelli, cf
Carl Crawford, lf
Delmon Young, rf
Ty Wigginton, rf
Jorge Cantu, 2b
Greg Norton, dh
Akinori Iwamura, 3b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, ss
James Shields, p

OesterPoster
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Rocco Baldelli, cf
Carl Crawford, lf
Delmon Young, rf
Ty Wigginton, rf
Jorge Cantu, 2b
Greg Norton, dh
Akinori Iwamura, 3b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, ss
James Shields, p

That's an all-world team of "potential".

Z-Fly
03-06-2007, 12:47 PM
That's an all-world team of "potential".

Yeah that will happen when you have the #1 pick, or close to it, in every draft since you have been established. :cool:

WMR
I'd like to cherry-pick a couple of those players off that d-ray roster...

course not sure they could displace our established vets irregardless.

KronoRed
Akinori Iwamura, 3b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist,

Those are some cool names

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Rocco Baldelli, cf
Carl Crawford, lf
Delmon Young, rf
Ty Wigginton, rf
Jorge Cantu, 2b
Greg Norton, dh
Akinori Iwamura, 3b
Dioner Navarro, c
Ben Zobrist, ss
James Shields, p

If I'm not mistaken, that's probably their opening day lineup, sans Jonny Gomes.

Z-Fly
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Is the bad boy going to broadcast the game on MLB.com again?

OesterPoster
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I'd like to cherry-pick a couple of those players off that d-ray roster...

course not sure they could displace our established vets irregardless.

Nah, they're all too young and un-scrappy. :D

Red Leader
I'm not expecting too much success from Milton today.

BRM
If I'm not mistaken, that's probably their opening day lineup, sans Jonny Gomes.

The blog owner, beat writer Marc Topkin, claims it's their A team.

The Rays are again starting their A team, though manager Joe Maddon wanted to "test drive" a new version of the lineup, with LF Carl Crawford hitting second and RF Delmon Young third. Also, 3B Akinori Iwamura makes his third start seeking his first hit.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah that will happen when you have the #1 pick, or close to it, in every draft since you have been established. :cool:

Crawford was a 2nd rounder. Yikes.

Zobrist was a 6th rounder.

Baldelli 6th overall.

Young #1.

Cantu international FA.

The rest? Who cares?

BRM
03-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm not expecting too much success from Milton today.

Is there ever a time to expect success from Milton?

KronoRed
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Milton just has to pitch better then Wilson did yesterday

texasdave
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
The Reds aren't so loaded in their other positions that you can hold depth down on the farm.

First you worry about your starting team, then your depth. Who cares about your backups when your starting rotation has 3 huge question marks?

That is fair enough. The only question then is does trading either Freel or Denorfia bring you back a pitcher that is capable of filling one of those holes?

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Is the game being broadcast anywhere or in any medium?

ksley11
03-06-2007, 12:57 PM
don't see that this game is going to be broadcast in any form. Great.

coachw513
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
It continues to be a valid complaint among many here that the biggest problem with some of the offseason moves is too many "hanger-on vets" taking jobs from potentially promising younger players...Conine taking a job from Denorfia, for example :thumbdown

Mediocrity sucks...it's like the new commercial on TV with the guy trying to repair the dam with his chewing gum...it just isn't going to work...Blow the thing up if necessary...(apparently, a choice finally being made by my Dolphins for the first time in ages)...I'd happily root for a 70 win team if I saw clearly that every move pointed to quality improvement down the road...making moves to go 83-81 instead of 78-84 which keep young players (Deno, Salmon, Ramirez, among others) on the Louisville shuttle isn't sensible :bang:

I have no problem with adding depth to the system...I have no problem acquiring veterans who do go about their business the right way and can produce (Hatteberg was a sensational find, for example)...but unless the organization simply believes Denorfia is a AAAA player, it's tragic to not have him playing in the majors...IMHO, I'd rather Freel be the 4-5 day per week utility guy with Deno getting the chance in CF from the get-go...

And quite honestly I think this team would be just as competitive and able to surprise folks without the likes of Moeller, Conine, Bellhorn, Cormier et al...of course, last year at this time we had all the outfield issues with Dunn, Griffey, Kearns and Pena...that seemed to work out fine (well, at least the first move :clap: )

texasdave
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
They should hook up a tv cam to the bill of Freel's hat and broadcast in Farney-vision.

ksley11
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
They should hook up a tv cam to the bill of Freel's hat and broadcast in Farney-vision.

now that was funny.

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 01:00 PM

But wouldn't the picture be blurry or double vision? :evil:

MississippiRed
03-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Nothing listed on mlb.com. I guess our best bet is following Trent's blog.

Here's a link for those that don't have it:

Trent's Blog (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/)

Eric_Davis
03-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you not look at the first post in the thread?

Deleted

redsfan30
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Quote deleted.

Comments like these make gamethreads almost unreadable.

Tornon
03-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Looks like the reds went 1-2-3 in the first

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Trent says the D-Rays feed is on XM. So if you have XM you can try that.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
That is fair enough. The only question then is does trading either Freel or Denorfia bring you back a pitcher that is capable of filling one of those holes?

Either a hole in the ML staff or a minor leaguer with upside.

Redlegs82
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM

PBP updates here...

http://wap.mlb.com/scores/pitch.jsp?gid=2007_03_06_cinmlb_tbamlb_1

smith288
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Quote deleted.
Easy there, big fella.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Quote deleted.

In your post on page 2, you said,

Who's playing?

You didn't ask who was playing on the other team. I simply referred you to look at the first post in this thread that details who is playing FOR the Reds. Settle down bro'.

Eric_Davis
03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Comments like these make gamethreads almost unreadable.
It's comments like yours that stir things up. Mind your own business.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Rays score first on hit and run. 1-0 D-Rays. Milton off to a fine start......

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Rays score first on hit and run. 1-0 D-Rays. Milton off to a fine start......

Hey, at least Milton can say that he's consistent.
:thumbdown

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Fearless prediction: 2/5ths of the Reds rotation on opening day will not be in the rotation on June 1st.

HotCorner
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
PBP updates here...

http://wap.mlb.com/scores/pitch.jsp?gid=2007_03_06_cinmlb_tbamlb_1

Sweet!

Redsland
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
The person who used the word "dumbwad" is the one who is stirring things up.

But then you knew that already.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Sweet!

That doesnt have auto refresh though, you have to keep hitting refresh.

Redlegs82
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
That doesnt have auto refresh though, you have to keep hitting refresh.

no one should be that lazy...

TOBTTReds
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM

If you want him to mind his own business, don't post your comments in a public thread.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
no one should be that lazy...

I don't want to sound lazy, but Im at work and I have to keep going back and forth. Just mentioned that most of those online "updates" usually auto refresh.

smith288
03-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow, in season form already I see.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Dunn singles but the rest of the Reds go out meekly in the 2nd. 1-0 D Rays.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Adam Dunn singles on a line drive to right fielder Delmon Young.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B:0 S:3 O:1 - Jeff Conine called out on strikes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B:0 S:3 O:2 - Mark Bellhorn strikes out swinging.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - David Ross flies out to center fielder Rocco Baldelli.

OesterPoster
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't want to sound lazy, but Im at work and I have to keep going back and forth. Just mentioned that most of those online "updates" usually auto refresh.

If you use Mozilla's Firefox, they have a plug-in for auto-refreshing a page. It comes in handy when you're bidding on eBay items...or you're just too lazy to hit the button yourself. It should work in this same situation. ;)

Just checked my settings, and the name of the add-on for Firefox is called "ReloadEvery". I have mine set for 10 seconds on the game update page, so it refreshes itself.

coachw513
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
As a "newbie", a question...if the Reds were a little league, high school or college team (do not insert joke here) would we regard Milton with the same contempt???...that is, if contract were not an issue, if we either did not know what players were making or if they played for "the love of the game" :rolleyes: would we still think Milton is so horrible???

For me, I blame former management for the signing and for the contract...I blame Narron for running Milton out for the 7th and 8th innings when he's given us 6 good ones and EVERYONE knows what happens his 3rd time through the lineup:angry:

(From my fraying memory)...take away the Pirate start which landed him on the DL, the Tigers start off the DL, the last start of the year which ALL OF US knew he shouldn't be out there and the 2 starts (NY Mets in Cinn, and I cannot remember the other) when Narron clearly lost his mind sending him out 1 too many innings when Milton had pitched well and he had a more than adequate year...

I think we equate too often his performance simply in terms of his contract, when I'm trying to evaluate him simply as our #3 or #4 starter...maybe I'm being too simplistic but if we could get avg 6 IP, ERA 4.5 (the ole quality start line) he's a fine 3rd starter, especially from what we're used to...and wasn't that essentially what he gave us last year in times of good health???

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
If you use Mozilla's Firefox, they have a plug-in for auto-refreshing a page. It comes in handy when you're bidding on eBay items...or you're just too lazy to hit the button yourself. It should work in this same situation. ;)

I dont have admin rights to install Firefox, otherwise I'd be using it because I swear by it. I'm using IE7.

Oh well, no big deal.

TOBTTReds
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
As a "newbie", a question...if the Reds were a little league, high school or college team (do not insert joke here) would we regard Milton with the same contempt???...that is, if contract were not an issue, if we either did not know what players were making or if they played for "the love of the game" :rolleyes: would we still think Milton is so horrible???

For me, I blame former management for the signing and for the contract...I blame Narron for running Milton out for the 7th and 8th innings when he's given us 6 good ones and EVERYONE knows what happens his 3rd time through the lineup:angry:

(From my fraying memory)...take away the Pirate start which landed him on the DL, the Tigers start off the DL, the last start of the year which ALL OF US knew he shouldn't be out there and the 2 starts (NY Mets in Cinn, and I cannot remember the other) when Narron clearly lost his mind sending him out 1 too many innings when Milton had pitched well and he had a more than adequate year...

I think we equate too often his performance simply in terms of his contract, when I'm trying to evaluate him simply as our #3 or #4 starter...maybe I'm being too simplistic but if we could get avg 6 IP, ERA 4.5 (the ole quality start line) he's a fine 3rd starter, especially from what we're used to...and wasn't that essentially what he gave us last year in times of good health???

A blind resume of his stats compared to many others is still bad, making 300k or 9 mil.

westofyou
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
he's a fine 3rd starter, especially from what we're used to...

No he's not, he's a crappy starter and that's leaving it at the 5th slot only in a pitchers park. and if I eat crap I never should get used to it and the Reds should never get used to that from the #3 starter.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow, in season form already I see.

Maybe these gamethreads should be moved to the ORG, like last year.

Oh wait...that wouldn't help. ;)

RedsFanInMD
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't think you are totally off-base coachw513. There was a period of time last season after the All Star Break when Aroyo and Hanang were both in a slump and Milton was our most reliable pitcher. Of course, the flip-side of the coin regarding your argument about whether or not people would complain so much if Milton didn't have the big contract is --- Would the Reds still send Milton out there -- as the no. 3 pitcher in the rotation no less -- if he didn't have such a large contract?

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Reds go out in order to a new pitcher from D Rays named Brian Stokes. 1-0 DRays in the third.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Brian Stokes replaces James Shields.

B:0 S:0 O:1 - Juan Castro grounds out, pitcher Brian Stokes to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Chris Denorfia lines out to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Ryan Freel grounds out, shortstop Ben Zobrist to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

M2
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't care about Milton's contract. I want no part of him in the rotation. He's been a bad pitcher for years. He will continue to be a bad pitcher. The real question isn't whether he's an acceptable #3 or #4 guy, he's not. For instance, there's no scenario in which I'd hand the guy the ball for a playoff start, something I'd have no problem doing with an "acceptable" #3 or #4 guy.

The question is, is Milton a tolerable #5 starter? In general that's always a bad pitcher, someone your team has to survive while others do well. If the Reds had a solid top three (or, dare I dream it, top four), I could deal with Milton, or at least the notion of tossing him some starts until he inevitably erupts. Yet the Reds lack depth and, as noted above, Milton's never going to be good. I'd rather try to catch some lightning in a bottle with someone else in the hopes of giving the team a boost than go with a pitcher as inert as Milton.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Reds go out in order to a new pitcher from D Rays named Brian Stokes. 1-0 DRays in the third.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Brian Stokes replaces James Shields.

B:0 S:0 O:1 - Juan Castro grounds out, pitcher Brian Stokes to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Chris Denorfia lines out to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Ryan Freel grounds out, shortstop Ben Zobrist to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

I heard that Deno got robbed on that play.

coachw513
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
For instance, there's no scenario in which I'd hand the guy the ball for a playoff start, something I'd have no problem doing with an "acceptable" #3 or #4 guy.

I guess my assertion is unfortunately we don't have anyone better...for much of last season Milton kept his team in games and when healthy is a capable 5-6 inning pitcher...until Bailey comes aboard, until Ramirez or Livingston or someone blossoms, until Lohse realizes his potential, isn't Milton the horse we ride???:confused:

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Milton works around an error by Hat and gets the mighty Devil Fish out without scoring. Still 1-0 bad guys after 3.

Bottom Half
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Rocco Baldelli grounds out, shortstop Alex Gonzalez to first baseman Scott Hatteberg.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Carl Crawford pops out to shortstop Alex Gonzalez.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Delmon Young reaches on fielding error by first baseman Scott Hatteberg.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Ty Wigginton grounds into a force out, third baseman Juan Castro to second baseman Mark Bellhorn. Delmon Young out at 2nd.

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I guess my assertion is unfortunately we don't have anyone better...for much of last season Milton kept his team in games and when healthy is a capable 5-6 inning pitcher...until Bailey comes aboard, until Ramirez or Livingston or someone blossoms, until Lohse realizes his potential, isn't Milton the horse we ride???:confused:

My issue with the whole offseason was that while WK was out recruiting a plethora of elderly, coming off injury reliviers, he could have been trying to upgrade the rotation via trade or FA.

FWIW, I think Lilly would have helped this team a lot. I think the Cubs made a good move.

pedro
03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
My issue with the whole offseason was that while WK was out recruiting a plethora of elderly, coming off injury reliviers, he could have been trying to upgrade the rotation via trade or FA.

FWIW, I think Lilly would have helped this team a lot. I think the Cubs made a good move.

I couldn't disagree more about Lilly. He's gonna be a bust for Cubs over the length of the contract.

TOBTTReds
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I couldn't disagree more about Lilly. He's gonna be a bust for Cubs over the length of the contract.

I second that.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM

I completely 100% agree with you pedro. Same goes for Marquis. Disaster.

As far as edabbs post, I'd have to say that Krivsky's aquiring Saarloos was a deal that improved the rotation. Time will tell on that, but you can't ignore that move because it's convenient for you to dismiss it and concentrate on "elderly, coming off injury relievers." Krivsky did address the rotation. He may not have done enough for your liking, but he did address it.

BRM
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
So, if you throw out all of Milton's horrible starts, he's a servicable #5? I think the team could come up with a better option personally. I'd rather give his slot to someone like Belisle, Ramirez, or Santos.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Hat singles but is doubled off 2nd on a fly out by Dunn. No other details on how that happened. Milton's day is done as Belisle comes on to start the 4th. Still 1-0 DRays in the 4th.

Inning 4
Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:1 - Alex Gonzalez flies out to center fielder Rocco Baldelli.

B:0 S:0 O:1 - Scott Hatteberg singles on a fly ball to left fielder Carl Crawford.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Adam Dunn flies into double play, right fielder Delmon Young to first baseman Ty Wigginton. Scott Hatteberg doubled off 1st.

Bottom Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Matt Belisle replaces Eric Milton.

M2
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Lohse managed to be average in 2002, 2003 and 2005. Milton hasn't done it since 2001. In fact, Lohse essentially replaced Milton in Minnesota, he's already a better pitcher even if he doesn't improve. Saarloos over the past two years has been better than Milton.

If the Reds are going to go with the "we don't have anyone better" attitude (they could try to pick someone up this spring if they're unenthused by what they have) then, if we're going to go with the guys who've actually pitched best, Lohse and Saarloos are the first two in line. Milton's the guy in the pile with Ramirez, Livingston and Santos and I wouldn't hand him anything. If he can out-pitch those guys and truly be the best of what's left, then I'd give him some starts. If not, then sayonara. Far as I'm concerned, his contract doesn't exist. The money's spent. I expect nothing from him and I see no point in waiting on the beyond remote possibility that someone will take any significant chunk of that contract off the Reds' hands.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Belisle wiggles out of 4th inning trouble by getting a dp out of Navarro of TB. Still 1-0 after four. Lets get some runs!

Bottom Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Matt Belisle replaces Eric Milton.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Jorge Cantu singles on a line drive to center fielder Ryan Freel.

B:0 S:0 O:1 - Greg Norton lines out to shortstop Alex Gonzalez.

B:1 S:0 O:1 - With Akinori Iwamura batting, Jorge Cantu steals (1) 2nd base.

B:4 S:0 O:1 - Akinori Iwamura walks.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Dioner Navarro grounds into double play, shortstop Alex Gonzalez to second baseman Mark Bellhorn to first baseman Scott Hatteberg. Akinori Iwamura out at 2nd.

Previous Inning

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
I completely 100% agree with you pedro. Same goes for Marquis. Disaster.

As far as edabbs post, I'd have to say that Krivsky's aquiring Saarloos was a deal that improved the rotation. Time will tell on that, but you can't ignore that move because it's convenient for you to dismiss it and concentrate on "elderly, coming off injury relievers." Krivsky did address the rotation. He may not have done enough for your liking, but he did address it.

Time will tell on Lilly. I know I'm in the minority. But I think he'll make them better.

Regarding Saarloos, WK did technically address the rotation by definition. Just like the acquisition of Cormier technically upped payroll at the deadline last season. I'm not sure that Saarloos really improves the rotation, as I think EZ could do just as well as he would.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Ross left stranded at 1st by Castro who struck out to end the inning. Half through this one. Still 1-0 DRays.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Al Reyes replaces Brian Stokes.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Mark Bellhorn grounds out, pitcher Al Reyes to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - David Ross singles on a line drive to left fielder Carl Crawford.

coachw513
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Ross left stranded at 1st by Castro who struck out to end the inning. Half through this one. Still 1-0 DRays.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Al Reyes replaces Brian Stokes.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Mark Bellhorn grounds out, pitcher Al Reyes to first baseman Ty Wigginton.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - David Ross singles on a line drive to left fielder Carl Crawford.

If I'm reading correctly, your 2500th post was about an inning featuring Juan Castro, Jeff Conine and Mark Bellhorn...congratulations :beerme:

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
If I'm reading correctly, your 2500th post was about an inning featuring Juan Castro, Jeff Conine and Mark Bellhorn...congratulations :beerme:

Thank you! I couldn't be more fortunate. :D

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Who scored for the Reds?

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Who scored for the Reds?

No one. It's 1-0 DRays in the 5th.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
No one. It's 1-0 DRays in the 5th.

Not according to what I'm following...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=270306130

3-1 Reds

cumberlandreds
We have an Anderson Machado sighting. He replaces Bellhorn and Gil replaces Castro. AFter a single by someone named Zobrist the rest of the DRays call it quits and go out without a wimper. 1-0 DRays after five.

Bottom Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Anderson Machado replaces second baseman Mark Bellhorn, batting 6th, playing second base.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Jerry Gil replaces third baseman Juan Castro, batting 8th, playing third base.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Ben Zobrist singles on a line drive to center fielder Ryan Freel.

B:0 S:0 O:1 - Rocco Baldelli grounds out, third baseman Jerry Gil to first baseman Scott Hatteberg. Ben Zobrist to 2nd.

B:0 S:0 O:2 - Carl Crawford pops out to catcher David Ross in foul territory.

B:0 S:0 O:3 - Delmon Young grounds out, shortstop Alex Gonzalez to first baseman Scott Hatteberg.

Grounds_Crew
I told you guys that other link that was provided sucks.

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Yep bottom of the 5th rays up also have lead 1 -0

Grounds_Crew
The update you guys are following is WAY WAY behind.

cumberlandreds

3-1 Reds

Yep MLB, like usual, is always behind the times. Thanks!

George Anderson
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM

3-1 Reds

I like your link better.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Click this...

Its top of 6. Reds lead 3-1 with 6 hits.

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Dose that mean the game tied?

cumberlandreds
The update you guys are following is WAY WAY behind.

The problem with Yahoo is you don't get any details of what happened but that is no excuse for MLB to be that behind.

Chip R
Click this...

Its top of 6. Reds lead 3-1 with 6 hits.

Super Josh must have flown in.

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks gc go reds

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:40 PM
The problem with Yahoo is you don't get any details of what happened but that is no excuse for MLB to be that behind.

I know, that sucks...but since I'm at work I'm more interested in the score since I dont have a LOT of time. I can pop in here and there to check it out. I noticed you guys were behind so figured I'd let ya know. ANy update on how the runs came in?

klw
03-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Per Trent's blog http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Top 6: Unstoppable, our men. Gil doubles, E7 scores Gonzalez. 1-1. It was only a matter of time. Janish in to run for Gonzalez, Hatteberg singles, Janish to third, Votto in for Hatteberg. With Votto in, now there's gonna be some trouble for Satan's Rays of Sunshine. BUBBA ALERT! Internet favorite Bubba Crosby on deck in Conine's spot. Passed ball. Janish scores. The Unstoppable Redlegs are up 2-1, as if there wer any doubt. Then opposite field, broken-bat single for Dunn, scoring Joey Votto, eh? 3-1 Unstoppable Redlegs. And now they're really in trouble. Dewayne Wise on the bases and Bubba at the plate. Bubba singles to right. Dark days for Satan's Rays of Sunshine.Ben Zobrist will remember internet favorite Bubba Crosby. On a dribbler to the mound, Crosby slides hard into obrist and a hstling Jerry Gil beats ut the throw to first. Ross flies out to deep right.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I know, that sucks...but since I'm at work I'm more interested in the score since I dont have a LOT of time. I can pop in here and there to check it out. I noticed you guys were behind so figured I'd let ya know. ANy update on how the runs came in?
The DRays decided the Reds needed a chance to win and made massive substitutions to start the sixth. MLB still has no idea how the Reds scored their three runs. A Brendan Harris sighting has occurred as he was one of the subs.

Top Half
B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Raul Casanova replaces center fielder Rocco Baldelli, batting 1st, playing catcher.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Jorge Velandia replaces left fielder Carl Crawford, batting 2nd, playing second base.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Fernando Perez replaces right fielder Delmon Young, batting 3rd, playing center field.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Jonny Gomes replaces second baseman Jorge Cantu, batting 5th, playing right field.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Brendan Harris replaces third baseman Akinori Iwamura, batting 7th, playing shortstop.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Dustan Mohr replaces catcher Dioner Navarro, batting 8th, playing left field.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Defensive Substitution: Joel Guzman replaces shortstop Ben Zobrist, batting 9th, playing third base.

B:0 S:0 O:0 - Pitcher Change: Gary Glover replaces Al Reyes.

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks klw im on my cell so i juss see the score

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
CINCINNATI 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 7 1
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 1 (END BOTTOM 6)

That's why I've got so far.

Chip R
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Dark days for Satan's Rays of Sunshine.

:lol:

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Good guys lead 3-1 after six per Yahoo. MLB must have got bored and went home as they haven't updated since the 5th.

Line Score
GPFT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
CINCINNATI 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 7 1
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 1 (END BOTTOM 6)

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow props to 58 people here for a st game!

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow props to 58 people here for a st game!

This is a light day too. I have seen over 100 on most games this spring. We have a great bunch of fans here! :thumbup:

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Spoke to soon 68 now lol

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Spoke to soon 68 now lol

70 :thumbup:

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Reds didn't score in the 7th. Still 3-1.

Line Score
GPFT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
CINCINNATI 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3 7 1
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 6 1 (END TOP 7)

redlegs7089
espn bottomline also has ray up 1-0

NatiRedGals
Yes i love this place even at 3 when people r workin we still get people poppin in juss so ya kno even juss poppin in means alot! Way to go!

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey....I hooked you guys up with the Yahoo sports update. Otherwise you'd all be sitting in the middle of the 5th, haha!

Where's my beer? :mooner:

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I said thanks for the good news gc lol im 17 cant get the beer hah go reds!

redlegs7089
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
how come my warning level is 20% what does that even mean?

edabbs44
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM

It means you were a bad boy

NatiRedGals
Well when u do somethin wrong u get warned if u get to high u could get banned

paintmered

It means you broke the rules somewhere in the past.

UGADaddy
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Reds.mlb.com has a good update, too. It has a live boxscore.

westofyou
I second that.

BTW name the 2 best LH starters in Cubs history.

Ahhhorsepoo
It means you are a Pimp..

redlegs7089
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
really i wonder what i did

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Tampa failed to score in the 7th. Shackleford according to MLB pitched the 7th.

Line Score
GPFT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
CINCINNATI 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3 7 1
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 1 (END BOTTOM 7)

Strikes Out Looking
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Per Trent, this is how the Reds scored:

Top 6: Unstoppable, our men. Gil doubles, E7 scores Gonzalez. 1-1. It was only a matter of time. Janish in to run for Gonzalez, Hatteberg singles, Janish to third, Votto in for Hatteberg. With Votto in, now there's gonna be some trouble for Satan's Rays of Sunshine. BUBBA ALERT! Internet favorite Bubba Crosby on deck in Conine's spot. Passed ball. Janish scores. The Unstoppable Redlegs are up 2-1, as if there wer any doubt. Then opposite field, broken-bat single for Dunn, scoring Joey Votto, eh? 3-1 Unstoppable Redlegs. And now they're really in trouble. Dewayne Wise on the bases and Bubba at the plate. Bubba singles to right. Dark days for Satan's Rays of Sunshine. Brendan Harris will remember internet favorite Bubba Crosby. On a dribbler to the mound, Crosby slides hard into Haris and a hustling Jerry Gil beats ut the throw to first (clearly both Crosby and Gil "play the game the right way."). Ross flies out to deep right.

paintmered
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
really i wonder what i did

Check your PMs.

Sea Ray
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Is Ken Holtzman one of them?

texasdave
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
really damn i wonder what i did

you were probably seen reading a cubbie message board. or maybe you bid on a lou piniella autograph on e-bay. either of those offenses would put you up around the 20% mark.

ksley11
03-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Per Trent, this is how the Reds scored:

Top 6: Unstoppable, our men. Gil doubles, E7 scores Gonzalez. 1-1. It was only a matter of time. Janish in to run for Gonzalez, Hatteberg singles, Janish to third, Votto in for Hatteberg. With Votto in, now there's gonna be some trouble for Satan's Rays of Sunshine. BUBBA ALERT! Internet favorite Bubba Crosby on deck in Conine's spot. Passed ball. Janish scores. The Unstoppable Redlegs are up 2-1, as if there wer any doubt. Then opposite field, broken-bat single for Dunn, scoring Joey Votto, eh? 3-1 Unstoppable Redlegs. And now they're really in trouble. Dewayne Wise on the bases and Bubba at the plate. Bubba singles to right. Dark days for Satan's Rays of Sunshine. Brendan Harris will remember internet favorite Bubba Crosby. On a dribbler to the mound, Crosby slides hard into Haris and a hustling Jerry Gil beats ut the throw to first (clearly both Crosby and Gil "play the game the right way."). Ross flies out to deep right

that's awesome! Go Reds!

M2
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM

Larry Jackson and Jack Pfeister.

Well, probably not Pfeister, but that's who I came up with.

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Still 3-1 going to the bottom of the 8th.

Line Score
GPFT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
CINCINNATI 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 3 8 1
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 1 (END TOP 8)

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Reds don't score in the top of the 8th. Still 3-1 Reds

TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 1 (END TOP 8)

cumberlandreds
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
After 8 it's still 3-1 RedLegs!

Line Score
GPFT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
TAMPA BAY 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 1 (END BOTTOM 8)

redlegs7089
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
its top of 9 now still 3-1

Tom Servo
03-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Just got home and breezed through this thread. I hope their are game threads like this one during the season where we believe we're down 1-0 but are actually winning 3-1.

M2
03-06-2007, 03:16 PM
What's with all the line scores?

This is a game thread.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
You guys owe me some rep points. Haha...KIDDDDING! I was wondering why it seemed like it was in the 5th for an hour.

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Santos came in to pitch the 8th for the Reds.

redlegs7089
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
anyone know if fsn plans on doin any spring training games

ksley11
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM

This is a game thread.

we're lucky we have anything. it's not broadcast anywhere... except I think someone found it on XM satellite randomly. I give props to everyone and anyone who has filled us in with what's been happening. :thumbup:

oneupper
03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
You guys owe me some rep points. Haha...KIDDDDING! I was wondering why it seemed like it was in the 5th for an hour.

REDSzone rule #1

You don't talk about rep points.

REDSzone rule #2

You DO NOT talk about rep points.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Once you're over 200 (as you are) you can't cash in any additional rep for prizes, tickets, or cash, you know.

ie. there's no need to ask for rep anymore. You've already gotten your share, and a lot quicker than others just as deserving I might add.

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
anyone know if fsn plans on doin any spring training gamesThey have not officially put it on the schedule but they are supposed to do the Mar 22nd, 24th and 26th games.

registerthis
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM

This is a game thread.

Well, it is a line score for the game. Not understanding the problem here...

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Reds don't score in the top of the 9th. 3-1 Reds mid 9th.

Jeffro35744
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Reds don't score in the top of the 9th. 3-1 Reds mid 9th.
Yahoo

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh come on guys, the rep points was a joke...a HUGE joke! Bottom of niner...go Reds!

Redlegs82
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
ESPN is doing the Reds v Red Sox Preseason game March 26th.
That is all I know.

BRM
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
There's warning levels? You learn something new every day. :)

texasdave
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Raise your hand if you thought with Milton starting that the D-rays would only have one run entering the ninth.....

Grounds_Crew
I know it's ONLY preseason...but I'm really excited about the way the Reds are playing!

Ahhhorsepoo
REDSzone rule #1

You don't talk about rep points.

REDSzone rule #2

You DO NOT talk about rep points.

Thanks Brad Pitt..

redlegs7089
what do rep points do and whats the point in them i just noticed i have 44 somehow

Jeffro35744
03-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Raise your hand if you thought with Milton starting that the D-rays would only have one run entering the ninth.....
raised (Not)

westofyou
03-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Larry Jackson and Jack Pfeister.

Well, probably not Pfeister, but that's who I came up with.

Last good one... Ken Holtzman.

Best ever?

Hippo Vaughn

Almost 100 years ago.... Wrigley ain't kind to lefties.

NYMoose
03-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I believe the Reds vs Yankees game is on the YES network tomorrow at 7pm est

klw

Best ever?

Hippo Vaughn

Dontrelle Willis.......... oops nevermind.

westofyou
anyone know if fsn plans on doin any spring training games

Game is on YES tomorrow night.

Reds Fanatic
I believe the Reds vs Yankees game is on the YES network tomorrow at 7pm estIt is also on MLB.TV

Tom Servo
03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Game is on YES tomorrow night.
I finally get to see this 07 juggernaut Redlegs team play!

Gainesville Red
03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
what do rep points do and whats the point in them i just noticed i have 44 somehow

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35437

oneupper
03-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Holtzman got them a flag-saver.

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
According to C. Trent's blog Denorfia just ran into the wall hard on a one out double by Harris. But Deno is up and looks ok.

Chip R
03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
ESPN is doing the Opponent v Red Sox Preseason game March 26th.
That is all I know.

I fixed that for you. ;)

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh come on guys, the rep points was a joke...a HUGE joke! Bottom of niner...go Reds!

There's no joking here Mister. Reds ST is serious business! :laugh:

Ahhhorsepoo
And This one belongs to the REDS!!

Sea Ray

Best ever?

Hippo Vaughn

You're not including Mitch Williams???

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
This one belongs to the reds :)

paintmered
03-06-2007, 03:32 PM

200 rep points is one of the requirements to be able to post in Old Red Guard. Rep is given by posters who have more than 200 points and can either be positive or negative.

Asking for positive rep points will usually get you some.....negative rep points that is. So let your posts speak for themselves.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 03:33 PM
"And this one belongs to the Reds".....again! Sweet!

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Reds win 3-1.

Here is the boxscore for the game.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2007_03_06_cinmlb_tbamlb_1

M2
Well, it is a line score for the game. Not understanding the problem here...

Things had kind of devloved into line score re-posts.

The other updates might have been slower, but at least I knew what was going on and it gave rise to a discussion that went past "still 3-1."

Tommyjohn25
What in the wide wide world of sports is the YES network? Is this a channel most people get?

Grounds_Crew
Dang, I was just joking about the rep points. I guess whoever deducted points from me doen't have a sense of humor.

I was just trying to shed some humor on the fact that Yahoo of all people was ahead of the others with the game updates. I guess whoever did that took me way too seriously.

Thanks pal.

ksley11
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Is it too early to get really excited about this season?? :dancingco

hippie07
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Reds Win! Whew, this was the 1st game where I haven't gotten to listen to it on the radio.... had some withdraw there, but I'm coping fine... thx.

westofyou
03-06-2007, 03:36 PM
You're not including Mitch Williams???

Starters... the life blood of the pitching staff.

Mitch was the goiter of most of the staffs he played with.

Redus
03-06-2007, 03:37 PM
checking in from work...I love you all!

ksley11
What in the wide wide world of sports is the YES network? Is this a channel most people get?

Yes Network is the Yankees personal channel, basically. You can get it with Direct TV but not DISH, and not sure where else.

Ahhhorsepoo
Yes is channel 626 or 628 on DirectTV...

westofyou

That's the Yankees own network (gee wonder were they get money?)

I pay $10 extra month with Direct Tv to get all the sports feeds from Fox and others.

Reds Fanatic
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
It is the Yankees network. You can get it if you subscribe to the sports package on one of the satellite services or if you live in Yankees territory on your cable.

Tommyjohn25
03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Awww shucks...I don't have sattelite. One more reason for me to go back I guess.

Sea Ray
So to what do you all attribute this 6-0 ST record? I think it shows a couple things. One is the immense competition for the 23rd, 24th and 25th spots on this roster. It also bodes well for our young talent. The last few years I felt this team was top heavy in talent but the last 5 spots were quite weak. That may not be the case this year.

Early ST games are won and lost by players 20 to 40 on the roster

M2
Dang, I was just joking about the rep points. I guess whoever deducted points from me doen't have a sense of humor.

I was just trying to shed some humor on the fact that Yahoo of all people was ahead of the others with the game updates. I guess whoever did that took me way too seriously.

Thanks pal.

Feel free to complain to that person in private. Negs happen. The rest of us don't need to hear about it.

Red Leader
03-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Thanks pal.

:rolleyes:

Stop. Posting. About. Rep. Points.

Either asking for positive rep points, or stating that someone neg'd you. Either way. Stop posting about it. OK? You now have the required 200 rep points to post in ORG. Be happy with that. No need to complain about neg's and no need to beg for more points. Really, as I see it, there's no reason for you to be talking about rep points at all. So stop.

Chip R
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
It is the Yankees network. You can get it if you subscribe to the sports package on one of the satellite services or if you live in Yankees territory on your cable.

I wonder if it's going to be blacked out.

NJReds
03-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I believe the Reds vs Yankees game is on the YES network tomorrow at 7pm est

That's one I'll get to watch.

kxblue
03-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Feel free to complain to that person in private. Negs happen. The rest of us don't need to hear about it.

Agreed, rep doesn't mean all that much and calling a person out can just detroy the thread. This is not a big deal.

It's great to be 6-0. I realize it means nothing, but at least guys are playing their way onto the team rather than playing off of it. It's sad that Denorfia looks to be locked out due to his options (and Hamilton's status as savior), and I'm not so sure Jr will be moving out of center, but at least we are winning.:thumbup:

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
YOu guys take things WAY too seriously. Wow! I don't complain about some of the things you guys post. I guess I was wrong in thinking that you can joke around here.

Sorry for taking time away from work to send you guys a helpful hint. I appreciate the negative feedback.

Sea Ray
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM

The regular season games are blacked out on YES. Can you get the ST games?

westofyou
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM

I watched the Tiger/Yankee game yesterday

Chip R
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I watched the Tiger/Yankee game yesterday

Good. Tomorrow's my night off. They show these Yankeeogrophy shows that look interesting but are blacked out. Anyone know why that is?

Team Clark
YOu guys take things WAY too seriously. Wow! I don't complain about some of the things you guys post. I guess I was wrong in thinking that you can joke around here.

Sorry for taking time away from work to send you guys a helpful hint. I appreciate the negative feedback.

:laugh: You have officially been indoctrinated to Redszone! :thumbup:

Reds Fanatic
I don't think they would black out a ST game. During the regular season they black those out to get people to subscribe to Extra Innings but since that doesn't start yet I think it should be on.

Sea Ray
Starters... the life blood of the pitching staff.

Mitch was the goiter of most of the staffs he played with.

Mitch Williams was clearly a head case but his pitching for half a year played a big role in getting the Cubs into the post season, which is huge on the Northside. That alone might have been worth trading Palmiero

RedEye
Whoa... Victor Santos with the save. I'm assuming that's just a ST abnormality and not a closer try-out right? Does Santos have anything resembling closer stuff?

corkedbat
03-06-2007, 03:47 PM
According to C. Trent's blog Denorfia just ran into the wall hard on a one out double by Harris. But Deno is up and looks ok.

Seeing as it was Denorfia though, the wall was totally demolished. :cool:

Sea Ray
03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think they would black out a ST game. During the regular season they black those out to get people to subscribe to Extra Innings but since that doesn't start yet I think it should be on.

I wonder if cable companies will be obligated to do that if Directv gets the EI package this year?

Ltlabner
03-06-2007, 03:51 PM

GC, you've pimped for rep points a few times in the past, so the response you are recieving is likely in referece to a pattern as opposed to a single post.

Just make thoughtfull and insightfull posts and the rest will take care of itself.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
GC, you've pimped for rep points a few times in the past, so the response you are recieving is likely in referece to a pattern as opposed to a single post.

Just make thoughtfull and insightfull posts and the rest will take care of itself.

:thumbup: Go easy on the new guy. I think someone hit him in the head with the Tamper a few too many times! :laugh:

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Ha...ok ok guys. From now on how about I just read the site and not post. Glad to know that some of you know how to actually take a joke.

hippie07
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
tomorrow nite - NYY v. Reds -the clash of the 2 unbeaten teams... i think i'll start my drinkning earlier than expected (UK game on Thurs) :D

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Ha...ok ok guys. From now on how about I just read the site and not post. Glad to know that some of you know how to actually take a joke.

:nono: Bad Idea. I'd be gone years ago if that were the case. You're a duck. The Negative comments are water. From there I usually get lost.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
:nono: Bad Idea. I'd be gone years ago if that were the case. You're a duck. The Negative comments are water. From there I usually get lost.

At least there are SOME kind people on here. I guess I was naive to think that the site was as friendly as I imagined. Haha....keep the negative feedback coming guys. That just goes to show me how much you love your internet.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
At least there are SOME kind people on here. I guess I was naive to think that the site was as friendly as I imagined. Haha....keep the negative feedback coming guys. That just goes to show me how much you love your internet.

You're chumming the water. I speak from experience. So how about those Reds???? Undefeated! Are we ready to buy playoff tickets yet? Josh Hamilton ROY???? C'Mon!!!:thumbup:

westofyou
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Good. Tomorrow's my night off. They show these Yankeeogrophy shows that look interesting but are blacked out. Anyone know why that is?

Yankee property likely, consider it the same domain as ESPN Insider.

minus5
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM

You've got more rep points than you do posts, someone has been showing you some love. Don't take that stuff personally & don't sweat the points. Thanks for the Yahoo score updates, by the way!

shredda2000
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
You're chumming the water. I speak from experience. So how about those Reds???? Undefeated! Are we ready to buy playoff tickets yet? Josh Hamilton ROY???? C'Mon!!!:thumbup:

And Dunn MVP!!! :thumbup:

remdog
03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm with TC here. Shrug it off, play hurt, suck it up....:laugh:

Rep points are the most bogus thing on this board. Post what you want and don't worry about whether it gets you points or not. And don't get into a 'points war' where you are neging someone 'cause he's neging you. That's a waste of your time and talent.

Hopefully, redszone will do away with rep points but until they do just ignore them

Rem

klw
03-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Reds have now won 12 straight Spring Training games fwiw.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/16842065.htm
Article also has info on Cormier, Dunn on Schmidt comments, Conine, and Jon Lieber's car.

Grounds_Crew
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM

Rep points are the most bogus thing on this board. Post what you want and don't worry about whether it gets you points or not. And don't get into a 'points war' where you are neging someone 'cause he's neging you. That's a waste of your time and talent.

Hopefully, redszone will do away with rep points but until they do just ignore them

Rem

Oh, dont worry. I've been giving positive feedback to those around here that igive me negative points and indulge themselves in the popularity contest of rep points. The funny part is...I post about them in order to make light that a LOT of people on here seem to worry too much about them.

Oh wait...damn...I just made another post about rep points. BAN!

On a different note, Reds are undefeated!

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM

Rem

:laugh: Thanks Rem. And that's all that needs to be said about that. :thumbup:

Chip R
03-06-2007, 04:15 PM
We're going to stop talking about rep points now or else this thread will be closed. If anyone has any questions about rep points, ask one of the mods or Boss or GIK.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Will Hamilton play tomorrow? Shin splints just flat out suck. I can't imagine one day doing that much good.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I just got home from class. Glad to see the Reds stayed perfect in my absence:)

MaineRed
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Will Hamilton play tomorrow? Shin splints just flat out suck. I can't imagine one day doing that much good.

Doc Hollywood is consulting with the Nationals staff as we speak.

Chip R
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM

I have heard that taping up the arches of your feet can really help. But I'm sure the Reds training staff knows all about that stuff.

KoryMac5
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM

From the way Narron was talking it didn't sound too serious and that it would be a one game deal.

Tom Servo
03-06-2007, 04:22 PM
The article about Hamilton's shin splints says "Narron expected Hamilton would miss just the one game."

Guess we'll see tomorrow

KoryMac5
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Could be a record of some sort three posts in a row using the same quote. Congrats Team Clark. :bowrofl:

Dunner44
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I have heard that taping up the arches of your feet can really help. But I'm sure the Reds training staff knows all about that stuff.

Were you making a funny there? Oh Doc. Hollywood...

In related news, the Reds are 3.6% of the way to a perfect 195-0 record (for the sake of having round numbers, I'm including the split squad game Sunday). And you know what they say... the first 3.6% is always the hardest... :thumbup:

PuffyPig
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Whoa... Victor Santos with the save. I'm assuming that's just a ST abnormality and not a closer try-out right? Does Santos have anything resembling closer stuff?

Since most teams take out their regulars about half through most spring training games (especially early in the spring), the teams closers pitch pretty early in games, so that they face better batters.

A sure sign that a pitcher is not considered closer material is if racks up saves in spring training.

BRM
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I guess Griffey will be in the lineup tomorrow. Anyone want to take a stab at what position he'll be playing?

pedro
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I guess Griffey will be in the lineup tomorrow. Anyone want to take a stab at what position he'll be playing?

That's the 12 million question isn't it? I sure hope it's not CF.

BRM
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
That's the 12 million question isn't it? I sure hope it's not CF.

It's a road game against the Yankees, right? My guess is DH then. Delay the inevitable hand wringing another day.

Eric_Davis
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry about the earlier comments. I was caught off guard when I got attacked for just asking who the REDS were playing today.

Matt700wlw
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
It's a road game against the Yankees, right? My guess is DH then. Delay the inevitable hand wringing another day.

Unless Hamilton is DH...assuming his shin splints aren't bothering him.

KronoRed
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Petition for 2 DH's? ;)

Chip R
03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Were you making a funny there? Oh Doc. Hollywood...

Actually I was completely serious.

WMR
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
We're going to stop talking about rep points now or else this thread will be closed. If anyone has any questions about rep points, ask one of the mods or Boss or GIK.

Chip, how's the RedsZone "Anti-Rep Point Discussion" indoctrination machine coming along?

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~nytk/LOVELOG_IMG/clockwork_orange_small.jpg

::imagines RZ'ers violently frothing at the mouth whenever trying to type about rep points:: :laugh:

BRM
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Petition for 2 DH's? ;)

Yeah...let Castro start at SS and have Hamilton DH for him. Yeah, I like it. :)

Sea Ray
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
A sure sign that a pitcher is not considered closer material is if racks up saves in spring training.

You bet.

See: Manzanillo, Josias

TeamBoone
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Geez, M2, people do this all the time. Why are you nagging GC about it?

registerthis
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Apparently following the Nationals lead in the way they handled Soriano last year.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Could be a record of some sort three posts in a row using the same quote. Congrats Team Clark. :bowrofl:

:laugh: I think I tied the record. The elusive 4th quote still looms...

NatiRedGals
03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Outfielder Josh Hamilton, who did not make the trip Tuesday because of shin splints, was expected to be in Wednesday's starting lineup against the Yankees.

Team Clark
03-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Outfielder Josh Hamilton, who did not make the trip Tuesday because of shin splints, was expected to be in Wednesday's starting lineup against the Yankees.

Thanks for the updates. As always, 'zoners are on top of it. Here's hoping he goes 4-4 and blasts a 550 ft. bomb. :beerme:

Gainesville Red
03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the updates. As always, 'zoners are on top of it. Here's hoping he goes 4-4 and blasts a 550 ft. bomb. :beerme:

Why stop with one 550 ft. bomb?

How bout 5-5 w/ 5 550 ft. bombs? :beerme:

M2
03-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Geez, M2, people do this all the time. Why are you nagging GC about it?

I've never had a good thing to say to anyone griping about a neg. Not going to start now. Been around long enough to see stuff like that hijack perfectly good threads. Like this.

GC got negged in private. The person who negged him has their name on it and he can use the PM function to respond if he so chooses.