PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Pregame Festivites Announced

redsfan30
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory will throw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Reds Opening Day game April 2 against the Chicago Cubs, the Reds said today.

"When I was growing up and going to Reds games, I never dreamed I would be throwing out the first pitch," Mallory said in a statement from the Reds.

Last year, president George W. Bush threw out the first pitch at Opening Day.

The club said singer Gia Farrell will sing the National Anthem. Cincinnati firefighter John Winfrey will sing "God Bless America: during the seventh-inning stretch.

The national anthem will be highlighted by a flyover of four F-16 jets from the 178th Fighter Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard in Springfield.
After researching Gia Farrell a bit, I'm not upset with that choice. Malory throwing out the first pitch is a bit of a let-down, especially after having George W. Bush do it last year.

paintmered
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Not really lack-luster considering I know one of pilots likely doing the flyover.

Matt700wlw
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Kinda lack-luster, especially after having George Bush do the honors last season.

Hard to get "bigger" than George Bush, unless celebs start coming to GABP, or former members of the Big Red Machine

Joseph
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Someone shoulda called Clinton, thats like a celebrity and politician all in one. :)

Any word on the parade. Isn't ED the grand marshall this year?

rotnoid
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Hard to get "bigger" than George Bush, unless celebs start coming to GABP, or former members of the Big Red Machine

As great as it was to have W throw out the pitch last year, at least it won't be necessary to leave the parade early to beat the security lines in this year. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be allowed to take in bottled water without having the Secret Service confiscate it.