PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Park other than a Cincy one...............

hebroncougar
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
You have to have been to the park. For me, retro would be Wrigley. That place is an experience. I still hope to get to Fenway. Modern would probably be KC. I like the fact it's out on it's own, easy to get to, parking was a snap, and the fountains are a nice touch.

dabvu2498
03-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Old school: Fenway

New school: PNC

redsmetz
03-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Vintage would have to be Wrigley - only one that's left that I've been to.

New: Camden Yards and not just the ball park - the surrounding area was nice too

TOBTTReds
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Fenway
Comerica
Wrigley
Seeing PNC later this summer, looking forward to that.

deltachi8
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Old school: Fenway

New school: PNC

I agree on both.

bucksfan2
03-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Wrigley is awsome. I went their with my girlfriend a few years ago and she complained because they hand no Jumbotron to watch replays. I told her thats how baseball was ment to be played.

Moonlite Graham
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Wrigley for old school, though Dodger Stadium is also a must see for an older ball park.

Pac Bell / At&T/ SBC.....whatever they call San Francisco now is my favorite of the new ball parks. PNC is great also, but loses something by being beautiful, but basically empty.

Went to Philadelphia last summer and was pleasantly surprised with it, despite the fact it sits in a giant parking lot with all the other Philadelphia sports arenas.

Going to Safeco this summer to see the Reds, so looking forward to checking that out.

SunDeck
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Delhi Park, field #1. Lot of memories and blood on that sand for me.

George Anderson
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Old School...Tiger Stadium

New School....Jacobs Field

hebroncougar
03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Old School...Tiger Stadium

New School....Jacobs Field

Now THAT is one that I still kick myself for never getting to.

TOBTTReds
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Is that a Cincy one? If it is, I've played there a bit. My favorite Cincy one is Blue Ash Crosley.

SunDeck
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Durham Athletic Park (http://www.small-parks.com/DAP.htm), the place where Bull Durham was filmed. They don't use it anymore, but I got to go there a few times before they built their new facility (http://small-parks.com/durham.htm). It was a pit, but totally priceless.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
I've only been to "Cinergy" GABP, and Jacobs field in Cleveland as far as Major League parks, so I'll have to go with Jacob's Field.

It's one of my life goals to make it out to a game in each park though.

dabvu2498
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Minor leagues -- New: Toledo Old: Grayson Stadium in Savannah, GA, where Borat made one of his first public appearances. http://www.webgeordie.co.uk/borat/usa_baseball.htm (A cameo appearance by our own C. Trent Rosecrans on this site.)

George Anderson
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Now THAT is one that I still kick myself for never getting to.

Tiger Stadium had the old school charm but still had the comfort that alot of old stadiums lack,especially when compared to old Commiskey. I went to old Commiskey its final season in 1990 and was never so cramped and miserable in all my life.

justincredible
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Wrigley Field is pretty junky from what I could tell but I loved the atmosphere out in the bleachers and will likely make it a yearly trip up to see the Reds play.

PNC is really nice, too.

I really haven't been to too many stadiums but those two would be my favorites.

crazybob60
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I would have to go with the consensus as well and go with Wrigley...although I have only been to three other Major League parks besides the Cincy ones (Cubs, Cleveland (Jacobs), and Tampa Bay)

cincy09
03-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Jacobs was nicely done.....

also like Yankee Stadium for the history

Can't wait to catch a Reds game at PNC in April though

adampad
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I like most of the new parks except for one thing. The field is usually to little. Thus I really like the Tigers new park, even though they shorted the fence last year. I was also was pleasantly suprised by Turner Field in Atlanta last summer. A very nice park (even though it was built for the olympics and then modded a bit) with extrememly nice people.

reds44
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Old School: Fenway

New School: Miller and Minute Paid Park. Both are awesome.

shredda2000
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Old School: None
New School: PNC

redsmetz
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Here's an angle no one's mentioned - of the "cookie cutter" parks like Riverfront so prevalent in the late 60's and early 70's, the best was Busch - they made some adjustments in that park that made it much more cozy than ours or Three Rivers, Veterans or Atlanta's old park.

Hey Meat
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Old School: Wrigley-in the 3 game series that I went to last fall there it seemed like the fans had no idea they were at the bottom of the division.
New School: The Juice Box(Minute Maid) or Kaufman even though its been there my whole life, I like the fountains

EddieMilner
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Old School - Wrigley. I live about an hour away and get there 10 times a summer. Its always a blast, and it always makes you wonder what exactly people in Chicago do for work when they can sell out every game no matter what time it starts.

New School - PNC, went there in 2004 and it was a great time. I am going to Petco for opening day this year and hopefully it will be a good one.

westofyou
03-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Favorite - Tiger Stadium

Least Favorite - Candlestick

New - GAB And whatever they call the park in SF now.

rotnoid
03-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I really enjoyed the old Busch. Maybe it was the atmosphere. Every game there felt like playoffs. For new parks: PNC is a really nice park, but the fans are miserable.

Red Leader
03-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Old: Tiger Stadium

New: Petco in San Diego.

Cyclone792
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been to 10 MLB parks so far, including a few that no longer exist. Here's how I'd rank them ...

1) Tiger Stadium
2) Wrigley Field
3) Comerica Park
4) PNC Park
5) Great American Ball Park
6) County Stadium (old Milwaukee Brewers digs)
7) Citizen's Bank Park
8) Comiskey Park (new Comiskey)
--------------------------
9) Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field
10) Three Rivers Stadium

There's a line dividing the top eight with the bottom two to signify a massive gap between those two groups.

Comiskey Park isn't great, but it isn't awful either. Also, while I haven't been inside Tropicana Field, I did walk around the outside perimeter of the place (that's what happens when you're down in St. Petersburg in November). The outside of that stadium was less than impressive, and if I had to take a guess based on what I saw in person outside and what I've seen on television inside, I'd rank it below Comiskey.

The cookie-cutter parks were truly awful though, IMO.

Chip R
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Chan Ho Park. ;)

Red Leader
03-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Chan Ho Park. ;)

Why is it that I believe you've been in Chan Ho Park?

:evil:

(sorry Krono)

rdiersin
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM

I preferred, was it 4 with the hill? Being a slower kid, I got more homers that way.:) Ah, memories.

Eric_Davis
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
The new Busch. It's tremendous.

ND_redsfan10
03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Went to Miller Park last summer for the Reds' 4th of July weekend. Great experience and great place to catch a game.

Fenway and Wrigley Fields struck me as very similar. Old, uncomfortable, but still two awesome relics of Baseball's Past. JumboTrons and high-tech lineup screens are nice, but these places really make you focus on why you come to the ballpark: the game.

Reminded me of a similar type of experience in college football...See Notre Dame Stadium.

redsmetz
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Why is it that I believe you've been in Chan Ho Park?

:evil:

(sorry Krono)

Makes me think of an episode of Scrubs!

Degenerate39
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Fenway

KronoRed
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Dude..yer like GROSS!

OSUredsFAN
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Old School - Wrigley. I live about an hour away and get there 10 times a summer. Its always a blast, and it always makes you wonder what exactly people in Chicago do for work when they can sell out every game no matter what time it starts.

New School - PNC, went there in 2004 and it was a great time. I am going to Petco for opening day this year and hopefully it will be a good one.

Where in Indiana are you?

vaticanplum
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Yankee Stadium. It's dirty and nasty and full of life. Anything goes; the only thing that doesn't survive there is passive aggression. If I had my way I would make the world more like Yankee Stadium.

guttle11
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I loved Miller Park when I went there during it's opening series (against the Reds). Good sight lines, great atmosphere, and the roof is unique.

I went to Wrigley when I was about 9 or 10. I can remember being in complete awe of how small and cozy the place seemed. Even in the upper deck I felt like I was 10 feet from the field. I hope to go back sometime in the next few years.

westofyou
03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
the only thing that doesn't survive there is passive aggression.And RH power hitters.

vaticanplum
03-09-2007, 05:43 PM
And RH power hitters.

And A-Rod. (oh, snap!)

Eric_Davis
03-09-2007, 06:27 PM
If I knew how to post a Jay Buhner rookie card here, I would.

pedro
03-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Wrigley
Turner Field

I honestly didn't enjoy Fenway that much. I thought it was a pit.

chettt
03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
MLB Ball Parks where I have attended games:

Arlington Stadium
Anaheim Stadium/Edison Field
Dodger Staduim
PacBell/AT&T Field
Kaufman Field
Old Busch Stadium
County Stadium & Miller Park
Wrigley Field
US Cellular Field
Jacobs Field
Crosley Field/ Riverfront Stadium/ GABP
Fulton County Stadium & Turner Field

On my agenda this summer:
Coors Field
New Busch Stadium

My Favorites:

Old park: Wrigley Field, of course. Too bad it's filled with Cub fans.

Newer park: AT&T, PacBell what ever they call it in San Francisco (THE PHONEBOOTH)

joshnky
03-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I've been to Wrigley, old Busch, and both Cinergy and GABP. I've also seen PNC from the outside and taken a tour of Safeco. I haven't seen a game there but Safeco was pretty impressive in a modern sort of way. I'm planning on going to a game at Dodger Stadium the second week of Easter so hopefully that will be a positive experience as well. Any recommendations of must see stadiums? I'd really like to see a game at SF.

realistic
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Been to about 15 MLB parks and something about Shea stadium atmosphere i just really liked. Wrigley seemed overrated and almost too commercial to me - still fun though.

blumj
03-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I honestly didn't enjoy Fenway that much. I thought it was a pit.

When were you there? Because it was a pit for a while, but it's not anymore. What they've done with that place over the last 5 or so years is almost unbelievable.

pedro
03-09-2007, 08:15 PM
When were you there? Because it was a pit for a while, but it's not anymore. What they've done with that place over the last 5 or so years is almost unbelievable.

It was 1996. At that time Fenway was dirty, dirty, dirty and the seats sucked.

Yachtzee
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM

I was there in 1998 and I would agree with that. We sat in RF along the foul line. Knees in chest and neck strain from having to turn 90 degrees to see home plate. I still had a great time though. Tigers Stadium was the same way. I sat in the upper deck, but felt like I was practically on top of the field. However, the concourses seemed pretty tight and smelled of urine. On the other hand, Wrigley and Dodgers Stadium seem remarkably well kept.

blumj
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM

A lot of the seats still suck, especially RF. But the way it was neglected was just wrong, and, fortunately, the current owners really get that.

redsfanfalcon
03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I've been to Fenway, Wrigley, GABP, Jacobs, Comerica, and PNC and my favorite out of all of those is PNC. Fenway is sweet...it just as an aura about it.

Raisor
03-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I miss the Kingdome. Sure you took your life into your hands by going, what with the roof occasionally falling on you, but as a youngster I once won a 25-pound box of Tide there. Not a coupon, but an actual 25 pound box of TIDE!
Anyplace you can enter with dreams and leave with a box of detergent has to be something special.
Oh, and the Kingdogs with the special mustard/mayo/relish sauce were great.

TheBurn
03-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Old: Yankee Stadium
New: Chase Field

joshnky
03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I miss the Kingdome. Sure you took your life into your hands by going, what with the roof occasionally falling on you, but as a youngster I once won a 25-pound box of Tide there. Not a coupon, but an actual 25 pound box of TIDE!
Anyplace you can enter with dreams and leave with a box of detergent has to be something special.
Oh, and the Kingdogs with the special mustard/mayo/relish sauce were great.

Oh, you got to love baseball promotions. Thanks for the laugh.

pedro
03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I was there in 1998 and I would agree with that. We sat in RF along the foul line. Knees in chest and neck strain from having to turn 90 degrees to see home plate. I still had a great time though. Tigers Stadium was the same way. I sat in the upper deck, but felt like I was practically on top of the field. However, the concourses seemed pretty tight and smelled of urine. On the other hand, Wrigley and Dodgers Stadium seem remarkably well kept.

That's exactly where I sat. I hated it.

Big Klu
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
It has to be PNC Park in Pittsburgh for me. A two-hour drive on the dot from my driveway to the ballpark, a beautiful view of the Roberto Clemente Bridge, friendly fans, a Primanti Brothers sandwich, and stopping at Capri's Sandwich Shop in Steubenville on the way home! :)

pedro
03-09-2007, 10:21 PM
It has to be PNC Park in Pittsburgh for me. A two-hour drive on the dot from my driveway to the ballpark, a beautiful view of the Roberto Clemente Bridge, friendly fans, a Primanti Brothers sandwich, and stopping at Capri's Sandwich Shop in Steubenville on the way home! :)

I've heard great things about PNC. It sure looks really nice on TV.

I haven't even been to GAB yet so I'm looking forward to that.

jmcclain19
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Safeco & Petco are, in my humble opinion, the best of the new parks. I am usually more excited about my yearly trip to San Diego to see the Reds than when they come to my hometown.

Coors is excellent as well.

Old parks I really enjoyed were the Kingdome just like Raisor (Dumpy and not in the best neighborhood, but the fans were passionate & the stadium always seemed loud) and Dodger Stadium (I don't know where the "LA" rep comes from, every game I've ever been to there has 45k people who are loud & vocal.)

jmcclain19
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I've heard great things about PNC. It sure looks really nice on TV.

I haven't even been to GAB yet so I'm looking forward to that.

I went there before the HOF was up, when there was just a massive hole in the ground next door.

I thought the stadium was kinda bland and the fans didn't seem into that day. At least not until Kyle Farnsworth charged Paul Wilson at the plate.

I loved the white metal exterior, and the stadium was going for a nice "view" by giving you a view of the river. I don't know - a view of a muddy river really doesn't do anything for me.

I am really looking forward to going back now that the HOF is open. I've missed out the last two summers.

RFS62
03-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Old School, Yankee Stadium. Mecca.

New Age, Camden Yards. More than just the park, the whole waterfront area there is great.

jojo
03-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Safeco without a doubt for me......

redsfan1966
03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I have not been to a lot of major league parks---Riverfront/Cinergy, GABP, Comerica, Wrigley Field, Tiger Stadium, Jacobs Field, Three Rivers Stadium, Old Cleveland Stadium, and have walked thru PNC on a day when there was no game....despite my disdain for Cleveland--I must admit my favorite is Jacobs Field...beautiful stadium, great sight lines--truly "no bad seat in the house" and great location--many nice restaurants and attractions around the ball park, something GABP severly lacks....also, I really loved Cinergy after they put the natural turf in and blew out the outfield seats...it felt cozy and was fun to watch a game in...on the flip side--I hate to spit in the face of baseball tradition, but I went to Wrigley Field and found it to be a cold, emotionless dump....

reds1869
03-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I love PNC Park and would peg it as my favorite, even above GABP. I do have a soft spot for Jacobs Field, though, having lived in Cleveland. As far as Old School goes, Tiger Stadium was a real treat.

MWM
03-10-2007, 10:54 AM
For atmosphere and ambiance, Yankee Stadium.

Just the stadium, Comerica park is the best I've been to and I've been to many of the new ones, including safeco and PetCo. I like Comerica much better than both.

OnBaseMachine
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM
PNC Park is beautiful and one of the top three stadiums in baseball, IMO.

GAB is my favorite.

pedro
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Safeco & Petco are, in my humble opinion, the best of the new parks. I am usually more excited about my yearly trip to San Diego to see the Reds than when they come to my hometown.

Coors is excellent as well.

Old parks I really enjoyed were the Kingdome just like Raisor (Dumpy and not in the best neighborhood, but the fans were passionate & the stadium always seemed loud) and Dodger Stadium (I don't know where the "LA" rep comes from, every game I've ever been to there has 45k people who are loud & vocal.)

I'll be visiting Safeco this year and hopefully SBC or whatever the hell they're calling it now.

RollyInRaleigh
03-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Oriole Park at Camden Yards. A fantastic place to watch a baseball game. A newer park that feels like it has been there forever. Great ambience. One of the things I miss about living in Virginia is my trips to see the Orioles at Camden Yards.

MWM
03-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Safeco and Petco are both great for aesthetics and attractions. The're beautiful and give you a lot to do other than the game. They have really good gathering areas and provide a fun overall experience. The only problem I have with those two parks is that if you're not in the lower bowl in lower rows, the viewing isn't that great. Petco especially makes you feel a long ways away from the action. If you don't have a close seat at Petco you better bring your binoculars. It's like being in the upper Red seats at Riverfront.

I've always thought the GAB to be a disappointment and a below average park, especially for a new one. But simply for watching games, it's great. There's not a bad seat in the house. It's very cozy and you alwasy feel close to the action.

pedro
03-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Safeco and Petco are both great for aesthetics and attractions. The're beautiful and give you a lot to do other than the game. They have really good gathering areas and provide a fun overall experience. The only problem I have with those two parks is that if you're not in the lower bowl in lower rows, the viewing isn't that great. Petco especially makes you feel a long ways away from the action. If you don't have a close seat at Petco you better bring your binoculars. It's like being in the upper Red seats at Riverfront.

I've always thought the GAB to be a disappointment and a below average park, especially for a new one. But simply for watching games, it's great. There's not a bad seat in the house. It's very cozy and you alwasy feel close to the action.

I don't like sitting in the upper decks anywhere really.

As for GAB, I haven't been there so I really don't know the answer to this, but if the seating and viewing is good can't they add all the nice amenities over time?

fearofpopvol1
03-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Old: Yankee Stadium
New: Safeco Field

I would advise everyone who can to make it to Yankee stadium before they shut it down in a couple years. It is older, it is dirty, but it's also amazing. It's like you walk into that place and you can just feel the history that is in the air. I like that it's in the Bronx as well.

Safeco Field in Seattle is really awesome. It has a retractable roof (for obvious reason), but the atmosphere there is really intense. You might not think of Seattle for that sort of place, but it is. The facility itself was really clean and nice.

nineworldseries
03-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Old school: County Stadium (Milwaukee). I lived in Milwaukee for the last years of that place and have many great memories of it. While it was a total dump, it was our dump, and a charming and cozy one at that.

New: Comerica Park (Detroit). The "tiger" motif everywhere on the inside and outside of the building is really cool. I also like how the field is "sunken" down in to the ground.

CINCYREDS#1
03-10-2007, 03:20 PM
camden yards

mth123
03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Old school: County Stadium (Milwaukee). I lived in Milwaukee for the last years of that place and have many great memories of it. While it was a total dump, it was our dump, and a charming and cozy one at that.

New: Comerica Park (Detroit). The "tiger" motif everywhere on the inside and outside of the building is really cool. I also like how the field is "sunken" down in to the ground.

Took a trip to Chicago and Milwaukee once and went to Wrigley, New Commisky and County Stadium in 2 days. I liked County Staduim the best. Reminded me of an old fashion baseball park without the museum/singles bar feel of Wrigley.

pedro
03-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I liked Old Commiskey better than New Commiskey.

dunner13
03-10-2007, 05:49 PM
PNC is pretty awesome, not really a bad seat in the whole place. Only bad thing about is when I went there I didnt bring any cash and if you dont have a pnc bank card you cant buy anything or get any cash from an atm machine. Finally I went to the main office and they gave me cash there. Unbelievable.

Falls City Beer
03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Shea and PNC.

Old Tiger Stadium.

But I'll echo others who say GAB is first-rate. It's wonderful.

Rex Argos
03-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I've only been to a few, but here's my list:

1. Jacobs Field: Sat two rows in front of the left field scoreboard during a Reds/Indians debacle when Ricky Stone pitched. Despite that, and the humid weather, I enjoyed the entire experience. Great view, great sound, friendly fans and I got a Victor Martinez (4 of them!) bobblehead to boot!

2. Yankee Stadium: Sat in the RF bleachers for a battle with the Devil Rays. The fans were boorish and crude, until they noticed my two children sitting beside me. After that, they were completely civilized and wanted to talk NL baseball with my family. I guess we were a bit of a curiousity to them, as I would guess that not many visitors would dare to venture out to that territory. They even have a different entry gate for those seats, which were only $13 if my memory serves correctly. Take the subway!

3. GABP: It's not my favorite, but it's ours. Avoid the upper decks, as if you didn't already know.

4. Riverfront: It's only this high on the list, because of the memories. I saw Tony Perez hit a game winner in 1974 the first time I went, and he hit a game winner the next time I went in '75. I thought he must hit one every night.

5. Old Busch: Just like Riverfront, except it belongs to those pesky Cards. Saw the final series in the park vs. the Reds. Pujols hit a grand slam, and my son cheered--because he had Phat Albert on his fantasy team. What a geek!

6. Tropicana: The prices are crazy for such a crappy ballclub, but those who were in attendance were knowledgeable and sociable. Enjoyed a nice battle with the Marlins, but didn't enjoy paying $8 for a large soda. My daughter bought a 8 x 10 photo of Lou Pinella, which she framed and kept in her room. He's still a Red in her heart.

7. Wrigley: What a dump. The only time I ever fell asleep in a major league park. The highlight was watching Mike Schmidt hit a homer off Lee Smith, and it still hasn't fallen to earth.

8. (New) Comiskey: Sat in the upper deck. These are the true meaning of nosebleed seats. This section should come with a bungee cord. I think they chopped down the severity of this deck in recent years. The only upside was the fact that the seats were in the sun on a day that might have reached 50 degrees. Our section was much popular than the shaded seats.

jojo
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I liked Old Commiskey better than New Commiskey.

Old Commiskey was great except for all of the poles that obstructed the view and the pee troughs in the restrooms.... I really don't want to trust the aim of a drunk standing across from me.... :cool:

jojo
03-10-2007, 06:24 PM
(New) Comiskey: Sat in the upper deck. These are the true meaning of nosebleed seats. This section should come with a bungee cord. I think they chopped down the severity of this deck in recent years. The only upside was the fact that the seats were in the sun on a day that might have reached 50 degrees. Our section was much popular than the shaded seats.

Yes..... I'm surprised the lift tickets were free..... :beerme:

pedro
03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Old Commiskey was great except for all of the poles that obstructed the view and the pee troughs in the restrooms.... I really don't want to trust the aim of a drunk standing across from me.... :cool:

agreed.

Spitball
03-10-2007, 07:49 PM
"When the Red Sox win, the p.a. system immediately blares forth 'Dirty Water,' a No. 11 hit for The Standells back in 1966. It's usually little more than pleasant background music as we make our slow, slow way toward the exits. But after a dramatic win ... a good percentage of the fans hang around and sing: 'I love that dirty water ... Oh, Boston you're my home.' I don't sing along because Boston's not my home, not really. But if you're a baseball fan, you haven't lived until you've heard 30,000-some New Englanders sing their victory song, in the greatest ballpark in the world."
--Rob Neyer, ESPN.com

Neyer pretty well captures the essence of Fenway Park for me. I've been to Fenway hundreds of times, and I've always loved the experience.

It is even a great place to visit on non-game days. I carry blades of grass preserved in plastic from Fenway's leftfield in my wallet.

Yachtzee
03-11-2007, 12:00 AM
--I must admit my favorite is Jacobs Field...beautiful stadium, great sight lines--truly "no bad seat in the house"

Then you have not visited every seat in the house. The Jake is great if you're sitting in seats in the Mezzanine section or lower. But because they felt the need to jam 3 levels of corporate boxes in between the decks, if you have tickets for upper deck seats, especially upper deck right field seats, you're better off staying home and watching on TV. I always find myself watching the scoreboard replays in order to figure out what's going on when I sit up there.

People dog the notch in the upper deck at GABP, but it does serve a purpose in that it allowed the architects to move the upper deck along the 3rd base line closer to the field, which is nice.

redsfan1966
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Huh...I'll accept your comment Yachtzee...but I have set in the upper tank at Jacobs...and had no trouble following the action..

fargo55
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Fenway, 1st baseline, just short of the fair pole in right field. You either wear a glove, or a bike helmet, if you are going to see the beer guy a few times.