PDA

View Full Version : Reds roster moves

Reds Fanatic
03-12-2007, 10:14 AM
A few Reds rosters move today from C. Trent's blog

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

SARASOTA, Fla. -- First off, the roster was trimmed a bit today. LHP Phil Dumatrait was optioned to Class AAA Louisville, OF Chris Dickerson and RHP Calvin Medlock were optioned to Class AA Chattanooga and LHP Jason Kershner and RHP Tom Shearn were reassigned to minor league camp.

There are now 50 players in camp (not including the three injured players, LHP Eddie Guardado, C Miguel Perez and INF Jeff Keppinger.

Lineups here in a bit. Don't see 'em around yet.

Joseph
03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
No shockers there I don't think.

KySteveH
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I was a bit surprised that Dickerson got sent to Chattanooga. (well, not actually Chattanooga, because their not playing there yet). I thought he would start the year in Louisville.

dfs
03-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I was a bit surprised that Dickerson got sent to Chattanooga. (well, not actually Chattanooga, because their not playing there yet). I thought he would start the year in Louisville.

You're right that Dickerson needs to get to Louisville this year. He isn't young. This is his age 25 season and he's burning options.

But at least one of Deno/Crosby will be sent to Louisville and get the PT there. Maybe both will end up with the bats. Once an injury hits freel or junior and that guy is called up, Dickerson can slide into Louisville.

TRF
03-12-2007, 12:04 PM
No reason for Medlock to be ANYWHERE but Louisville.

Triples
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM

I think that's just a roster thing. The league office requires he has to be on a roster somewhere and for now they are sticking him at Chatt. Anything can still happen before they break camp.

JaxRed
03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Actually it won't be a roster thing. I've thought all along that both guys would be in AA. They'll be there when the season starts.

mth123
03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Actually it won't be a roster thing. I've thought all along that both guys would be in AA. They'll be there when the season starts.

I think Medlock gets a shot a closing in AA. Just a guess.

JaxRed
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I think Medlock gets a shot a closing in AA. Just a guess.

That's an interesting possibility. Shafer's gone, and Abe Woody who got half the saves at Sarasota is gone also.