PDA

View Full Version : Moderators please explain

cincinnati chili
03-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Could one of the moderators please explain why the Chiquita thread was closed?

This issue has nothing to do with politics or religion, and impacts a substantial number of people in the Cincinnati area, not to mention the former owner of the Reds. Sure, we COULD discuss it at the peanut gallery. But I'd like to be clear (and I think other users are owed a clear explanation) of what does and does not constitute political/religious discussion.

Falls City Beer
03-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Could one of the moderators please explain why the Chiquita thread was closed?

This issue has nothing to do with politics or religion, and impacts a substantial number of people in the Cincinnati area, not to mention the former owner of the Reds. Sure, we COULD discuss it at the peanut gallery. But I'd like to be clear (and I think other users are owed a clear explanation) of what does and does not constitute political/religious discussion.

Isn't the act of paying off terrorist groups for protection kind of a politically charged issue?

I'd say it is. Though there are grey areas of course (if you believe in that sort of thing).

rotnoid
03-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Isn't the act of paying off terrorist groups for protection kind of a politically charged issue?

I'd say it is. Though there are grey areas of course (if you believe in that sort of thing).

Agreed. Trying to tie this into Uncle Carl's running of the Reds is a stretch at best. Even if grey areas did exist, this isn't one of them.

zombie-a-go-go
03-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I'll just say "what FCB said" rather than repeating it.

zombie-a-go-go
03-15-2007, 08:22 AM
As for what constitutes political/religious discussion, that's at the moderators' discretion. When posting a thread you should err on the side of caution. If the topic has even the slightest religious or political connotations, history has shown that the thread will reach the point where it's getting moved to the Gallery anyway. Better to put it there now than let people's emotions get all heated on the 'Zone and then move it.