PDA

View Full Version : Cox Cable giving MLB.TV for free

ed the red
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I received a letter in the mail today telling me they will reimburse me the $89.95 fee since i can no longer get the extra innings package. This is good for all customers who had the extra innings package last year. This will be great, but I like to watch the games in my bedroom so I do not tie up the TV for the rest of the family. But FREE is FREE and that is GREAT.

Sea Ray
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I received a letter in the mail today telling me they will reimburse me the $89.95 fee since i can no longer get the extra innings package. This is good for all customers who had the extra innings package last year. This will be great, but I like to watch the games in my bedroom so I do not tie up the TV for the rest of the family. But FREE is FREE and that is GREAT.

Let me get this straight. They're giving you $89.95 that you never paid?

ed the red
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
No, I pay for the service first, then I send them a copy of the receipt and the rebate form(printed it off the web site), then they refund me the $89.95 fee.

TOBTTReds
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
No, I pay for the service first, then I send them a copy of the receipt and the rebate form(printed it off the web site), then they refund me the $89.95 fee.

So how is Cox cable giving you MLB.TV? Are they giving you a subscription to it online?

dougdirt
03-17-2007, 05:36 PM
So how is Cox cable giving you MLB.TV? Are they giving you a subscription to it online?

Yes. He pays for it, prints out his reciept and mails them that and the rebate form through the Cox cable website. they will then refund him the 89.95.

Sea Ray
03-17-2007, 05:49 PM
So what's in it for Cox Cable?

TOBTTReds
03-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes. He pays for it, prints out his reciept and mails them that and the rebate form through the Cox cable website. they will then refund him the 89.95.

Thanks for repeating the same thing he said....I didn't know what "it" was. I thought the "it" was paying for extra innings, not MLB.tv. Therefore I thought the receipt was for Extra Innings as well.

mbgrayson
03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
So what's in it for Cox Cable?

They keep him from jumping over to DirecTV....

TOBTTReds
03-17-2007, 06:29 PM
They keep him from jumping over to DirecTV....

Yup. Kind of sad that DirecTV is taking over like that...but money is power.

hebroncougar
03-17-2007, 07:17 PM
That's a sweet deal. I had Dish, so I switched to DTV to keep extra innings.

SirFelixCat
03-17-2007, 07:22 PM
That's a sweet deal. I had Dish, so I switched to DTV to keep extra innings.

Good for them (Cox, I mean). I also just made the switch to D*, so it's moot, but still, good stuff.

Sea Ray
03-17-2007, 11:36 PM
With all the sports D* is picking up, as a sportsfan you kind of have to go there eventually. If they get reports on picture quality as they add all these HD channels this year, I may make the switch too.