PDA

View Full Version : Here's to you Mr. Can't hold it for another 30 minutes guy.

rotnoid
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259283,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY — SkyWest Airlines apologized to a passenger who said he wasn't allowed to use the restroom during a one-hour flight and ended up urinating in an air-sickness bag after two "really big beers."

James Whipple was on a flight to Salt Lake City from Boise, Idaho, on March 7 and wanted to use the cabin restroom. The captain, however, had declared it off-limits during the short flight because a light wasn't working.

Whipple said he had two "really big beers" in the Boise airport. He used the cabin restroom before the plane departed but had to go again and finally reached for the air-sickness bag.

"It was like I had no choice," Whipple told The Salt Lake Tribune, which posted the story on its Web site Friday.

No other passengers noticed Whipple using the bag, but a flight attendant asked him about it and told the captain, who called airport police. Whipple was questioned and took a taxi home to Sandy, a Salt Lake City suburb.

The airline sent him a letter of apology and a flight voucher, SkyWest spokeswoman Sabrena Suite-Mangum said Friday.

She said SkyWest decided to go ahead with the flight and get the light fixed in Salt Lake City, rather than delaying it or canceling it for repairs.

The old really big beers defense. Who among us hasn't used that one? I can honestly say that I've never been rewarded for it though.:beerme:

MrCinatit
03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
So...what did they do with the bag, or is this something we don't want to know?

Ltlabner
03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Yech, I can't imagine those bags would stay waterproof for very long.

Johnny Footstool
03-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Yech, I can't imagine those bags would stay waterproof for very long.

Well, they are designed to hold disgusting liquid materials.

Roy Tucker
03-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Nobody noticed a guy taking a 2 minute whiz in a paper bag on an airplane?

I think I've had those "two" beers before. It's like when I was 18 and came home blind drunk, passed out in the side yard of my parents house, and my dad found me lying there the next morning when he came out to get the morning paper. "How many beers did you have, son?". "Oh, maybe a couple, but they were really big". Like 2 gallon tubs.

RedFanAlways1966
03-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Whipple was on a flight to Salt Lake City from Boise, Idaho, on March 7 and wanted to use the cabin restroom.

He just wanted in the restroom to make sure no other passengers would squeeze the Charmin...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/75/129px-Whipple.jpg

SunDeck
03-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Boise to Salt Lake. What is that a 20 minute flight? If it were a six year old kid who had just downed a litre of apple juice I'd be inclined to have a little sympathy. But two big beers? Grownups should know to make sissy before boarding the plane.

westofyou
03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
my dad found me lying there the next morning when he came out to get the morning paper. "How many beers did you have, son?". "Oh, maybe a couple, but they were really big". Like 2 gallon tubs.

Just like when Richie Cunningham went to the bachelor party... How many beers did you have his dad asked.... well the glasses were really tiny was Richies reply... well how many did you have?

Seventy Three..

registerthis
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Grownups should know to make sissy before boarding the plane.

The article said he went before boarding the plane.

Roy Tucker
03-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Just like when Richie Cunningham went to the bachelor party... How many beers did you have his dad asked.... well the glasses were really tiny was Richies reply... well how many did you have?

Seventy Three..

#3- Richie's Cup Runneth Over (1/29/74)

Potsie takes Richie to a wild bachelor party.

Richie and Ralph set up a mannequin in Bert's car and scare a waitress. The waitress goes to the car and the mannequin's head falls off. Richie is invited to Potsie's cousin's, Arnold Drysdale who is in the Marines and is returning from Korea, bachelor/stag party at the Crystal Hotel. Richie and Potsie are given some adult playing cards by Duke. They drink some olive oil, imported from Spain and that Potsie got from the kitchen, to get ready for the drinking games. The drinking game is called "Sloppy Sixty". Verna LaVerne comes out of a cake and entertains. Verna gives Richie a ride home in her pickup truck (with the cake in the back of the truck). Howard comes down and meets Verna. Richie invites Verna over for dinner Sunday night at 8 o'clock. Richie comes home with a hangover after having 72 teenie-weenie glasses of beer.

Directed by: Jerry Paris
Written by: William S. Bickley & Bob Brunner
Guest stars: Louisa Moritz as Verna LaVerne, Lennie Weinrib as Duke, Gavan O'Herlihy as Chuck, Tim Haldeman as Arnold, Beatrice Colen as waitress, and Tom Harris as Vince.

westofyou
03-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Gavan O'Herlihy as Chuck

Chuck Cunningham, hoops star, all around enigma.

Chip R
03-19-2007, 04:25 PM

He broke the seal. :(

SunDeck
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Then he needs to wear an adult diaper.

Red Leader
03-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Then he needs to wear an adult diaper.

Amen.

Put a clothes pin on it and shut up already.

Lightweight.

Johnny Footstool
03-19-2007, 05:28 PM

Seventy Three..

When I read Roy's post, my first thought was "beer in teeny-weenie glasses."

FoReel
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM

Beat me to it!!

bengalsown
03-19-2007, 06:49 PM

:laugh:

Red in Chicago
03-19-2007, 07:14 PM

this is so true...has anyone ever read the actual logic behind this? i know that once i go, there is just no stopping it the rest of the night...it's almost embarrassing...