Bronson Arroyo P

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Great to see!!!

Matt700wlw
03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
The world is ending

RFS62
03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
So, after all the yapping.... all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.... Narron puts him in right field and he doesn't make a peep.

I've said all along just let Narron handle it his own way and let Griffey save face.

We got exactly what we wanted and nobody had to be humiliated in public.

Well done.

Willy
03-24-2007, 11:33 AM
So, after all the yapping.... all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.... Narron puts him in right field and he doesn't make a peep.

I've said all along just let Narron handle it his own way and let Griffey save face.

Well done.

Well Said!

dougdirt
03-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Well done.

I wouldnt go that far. Lots of the talking heads destroyed Griffey for "faking his injury" so he wouldn't have to play right field. Griffey saved face by not saying anything but positive things about it, but he sure caught some unwarranted grief for something he had no control over.

KronoRed
03-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Sadly we're still going to get the JR watch from the media, with them asking everyday if he's ok with RF and when he rolls his eyes they run off to write JR is a whiner.

Degenerate39
03-24-2007, 12:10 PM
I thought Votto was sent down

KoryMac5
03-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Lots of the talking heads destroyed Griffey for "faking his injury" so he wouldn't have to play right field. Griffey saved face by not saying anything but positive things about it, but he sure caught some unwarranted grief for something he had no control over.

Unfortunately those talking heads know which buttons to push to get Reds fans fired up. I think the Jason Stark article summed up what a good job JR has done taking this whole thing in stride. Not to many superstars would react pleasently to a move like this.

jimbo
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm really happy to hear that Junior is finally in the lineup. Hopefully he has no problems with the hand and will be ready for opening day. I've been fired up for opening day since the start of spring training, but this is the icing on the cake.

dougdirt
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Votto was sent down, but I think Hatteberg is day to day so they need someone to play first.

On the Griffey situation, Rosecrans had this in his blog

(is it easy to move to RF) "I've never been an outfielder, so I really
can't say, but if you can play, you can play."
I find that funny.

11larkin11
03-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Stick Hatte in for Votto, with Harang pitching instead of Arroyo, and this is your 2007 Opening Day Lineup.

Redsland
03-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I like that lineup a lot.

11larkin11
03-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, the people and positions, not necessarily lineup.

DoogMinAmo
03-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Except for Phillips in the three hole, that lineup looks pretty solid. I don't know where you put him if you insist on the R-L thing, though. No one else deserves to be moved up, except maybe Edwin. I toil over what I want to see more, EdE batting behind Dunn because of the OBP, or hitting behind Griffey, because Griff will get pitched around if anyone else in this lineup is behind him. The major need this offseason, as many pointed out, was a right handed bat, and it still is.

tripleaaaron
03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
It seems as if this will be our opening day lineup (insert hatte for Votto). I for one do think that Phillips may develop into a top of the lineup hitter, but he will NEVER be a #3 hitter. I dont understand why Narron doesn't at least switch Phillips and EE, and for those who think I am reading to much into the spring lineup, Narron has been quoted as saying he likes Phillips in the 3 spot, due to his speed? Thats what I want in a 3 hitter someone with speed and a low OBP.

dougdirt
03-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Wow.... "Votto is an impact player but where is he going to play? It wouldnt bother me to see him shagging fly balls somewhere"
What? Is Scott Hatteberg going to play forever?

M2
03-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I like that lineup a lot.

Me too.

Grounds_Crew
03-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I dont know if this has been asked yet, I didnt read the entire thread....but is this game on tv by any chance?

membengal
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow.... "Votto is an impact player but where is he going to play? It wouldnt bother me to see him shagging fly balls somewhere"
What? Is Scott Hatteberg going to play forever?

Yeah. I just put that same thought in the game thread in the new forum. Chris Welsh's uttering of those words may be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. I am dumber for having heard him. It was borderline offensive in the breadth of its stupidity...

Superdude
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Observations so far....

1) George Grande's tan is seriously out of control
2) Arroyo's changeup looks really good today. I wonder if he'll try to work that in more this season?
3) Chris Welsh just said Alex Gonzalez is the best defensive shortstop ever. Found that rather humorous.
4) Brook Jakoby is a nerd
5) Joey Votto looks like a beast. That was some serious bat speed even if it ended in a K.

Johnny Footstool
03-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Phillips makes too many outs to be hitting in the 3 spot.

jojo
03-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I dont know if this has been asked yet, I didnt read the entire thread....but is this game on tv by any chance?

its on mlbtv

justincredible
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Switch Phillips and EE and I would really like that lineup.

jojo
03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Observations so far....

1) George Grande's tan is seriously out of control
2) Arroyo's changeup looks really good today. I wonder if he'll try to work that in more this season?
3) Chris Welsh just said Alex Gonzalez is the best defensive shortstop ever. Found that rather humorous.
4) Brook Jakoby is a nerd
5) Joey Votto looks like a beast. That was some serious bat speed even if it ended in a K.

i'd add this too:
1. if this is the dead arm period of ST for pitchers, its also definately the mindnumbingly boring portion too....c'mon already...lets start them for real...

2. Listening to Welsh and Grande will rot your brain....

geniusMoment
03-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Amazing, Griffey looks ready for opening day after one game.

captainmorgan07
03-24-2007, 03:33 PM
how is griffey looking defensively in right?