CincyReds2003
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/rss/s_499697.html

sonny
03-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Good read. Its good to see the measures he's taking to thwart temptations

jhiller21
03-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Great article, and I admit it's a fantastic story, but it's a little unsettling that he isn't trusted to carry money or drive his car alone.

creek14
03-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Great article, and I admit it's a fantastic story, but it's a little unsettling that he isn't trusted to carry money or drive his car alone.

It's early in his recovery. As he becomes stronger he'll add those things back into his life. One day at a time and all that stuff.

Triples
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM

It appears to me that its his choice. He's put those restrictions on himself because he knows his limitations and is committed to getting his life on track. If he has in fact put those limitations on himself as opposed to someone else doing it, I would say it a sign of high moral courage and not weakness.

vaticanplum
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
During a 3-2 loss to the Blue Jays on Sunday in Dunedin, a couple of fans heckled him when he came to the plate, yelling about the "crack in your bat" and making other drug references.

What the hell is wrong with people? Does every measure of success whatsoever really merit jealousy and idiocy? I would have thrown beer on these people.

TeamSelig
03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Now don't go and waste perfectly drinkable beer. Spit or h20 would do the justice just fine. Seriously though, what a bunch of losers.

I wish I could go to the game that Hamilton debutes in. Hope he gets himself a standing ovation.

Johnny Footstool
03-27-2007, 12:25 PM
What the hell is wrong with people? Does every measure of success whatsoever really merit jealousy and idiocy? I would have thrown beer on these people.

Save the beer and just insult them. Then when they throw their beer on you, ATTACK!

RFS62
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Save the beer and just insult them. Then when they throw their beer on you, ATTACK!

I'm usually pretty easy to get along with and rarely consider violence, but I would have a very hard time sitting and listening to that crap.

It's a shame this is such a litigious society. Sometimes a good solid ass whipping is in order.

lollipopcurve
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I wish I could go to the game that Hamilton debutes in. Hope he gets himself a standing ovation.

Amen to that. I really hope the Cincinnati fans embrace his comeback -- it's an incredible feelgood story.

TheBurn
03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
After reading this I am now an even bigger fan of his. HUGE !!!
Hope he doesn't falter.
Seems as if he's got a pretty good handle on things now.

:clap: