PDA

View Full Version : You haven't seen the last of Bubba and Bellhorn!

Danny Serafini
03-27-2007, 02:56 PM
They've both accepted their minor league assignments according to the team press notes. Crosby I expected being as he signed a split contract, but I thought Bellhorn may try and hook on elsewhere.

Triples
03-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Back to the options thing...do these guys have to pass waivers or were they not on the 40 man roster?

RedsManRick
03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I imagine Bellhorn realized the Todd Walker is first in line for anybody who needs a backup 2B. There are worse guys we could have as reserves.

Tom Servo
03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Back to the options thing...do these guys have to pass waivers or were they not on the 40 man roster?
Bubba passed through waivers, and Bellhorn was never on the 40 man. They both had the option of rejecting assignment to Louisville and becoming free agents.

redsmetz
03-27-2007, 03:04 PM
They've both accepted their minor league assignments according to the team press notes. Crosby I expected being as he signed a split contract, but I thought Bellhorn may try and hook on elsewhere.

He may still do that. Some of these guys write into their minor league contracts that if some other team comes asking about them for their major league roster that the team has "x" number of days to call them up or release them (or trade them).

I'm comfortable with either being available at Louisville should something occur.

Strikes Out Looking
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Bubbafan has just posted his introductory message on Riverbatszone.com!

Redsland
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Better him than Bellhornfan.

:)

rotnoid
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Bubbafan has just posted his introductory message on Riverbatszone.com!

That didn't take long.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a line from a bad prison movie.

Triples
03-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I can't help but feel that these two guys are going to take up space and ABs that would benefit some other young player's development. The chance that they will ever be of significant benefit to the Reds seems minimal and stunting the growth of another minor league player seems like a waste. If they're being kept around as a spare part, why can't a another young player with a future fill that role...if only for a few games while a hammy heals.

bucksfan2
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I can't help but feel that these two guys are going to take up space and ABs that would benefit some other young player's development. The chance that they will ever be of significant benefit to the Reds seems minimal and stunting the growth of another minor league player seems like a waste. If they're being kept around as a spare part, why can't a another young player with a future fill that role...if only for a few games while a hammy heals.

Im not too sure of this. Both Crosby and Belhorn will provide added depth to the reds. Also are there any prospects that they will be sealing ab's from? I mean if they would take bats away from Votto or Bruce that would be an outright crime but they wont be. They will also be a suitable replacement if someone would happen to go down.

Tom Servo
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
AAA for all teams is always littered with these guys, it's really nothing to pine over.

Triples
03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
AAA for all teams is always littered with these guys, it's really nothing to pine over.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm pining over it, more of an observation in light of the Reds need to develop their younger players. How does the old saying go....doing the same ole thing normally gets the same old results.

TheWalls
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Trust me, I've heard all from them that I want to.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey, the Bats have a couple of hammers in that lineup now. You don't want Homer losing all his starts 1-0 and 2-1, do you?