PDA

View Full Version : 3/27/07 Game Thread - Reds vs Phillies

Reds Fanatic
03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
From C. Trent's blog tonight's lineups. 7:05 start time tonight.

Reds
Freel CF
Dunn LF
Phillips 2B
Griffey RF (more than one person has been surprised to see his name on this road trip)
Encarnacion 3B
Conine 1B
Gonzalez SS
Valentin C
Lohse P

Phils
Rollins SS
Rowand CF
Utley 2B
Howard 1B
Burrell LF
Helms 3B
Greg Dobbs RF
Barajas C
Moyer P

reds44
03-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I think we have found on opening day lineup. It's been the same one the last few days now.

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Can't complain too much, though I would like to see Freel-Hatte-Dunn-EdE-Griffey-Phillips top 6. Jerry is putting WAY too much into this L-R-L stuff.

Dunner44
03-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm actually fine with the L-R-L... but I would prefer it greatly if it was:

Freel - Dunn - EdE - Griffey - Phillips - Hatte - Gonzo - Ross

EdE will give Dunn a lot more protection.. he has serious doubles power and can rip plenty out of the yard. Dunn has such a high OBP he should work well as a 2 guy. Especially if he works well with Jacoby to take the base hit over the HR if its there. Griffey should benefit from having EdE behind him in Jerry's current set up, however.

jfar23
03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Yea, EE in the 3 would make more sense but overall I'll take it.

Falls City Beer
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
I see Ronnie's brother Greg is in the lineup tonight for the Phils.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Dobbs is the Natural of Phillies' camp this spring. More proof that any ol' stiff can have the Camp of Dreams.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/D/Greg-Dobbs.shtml

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I can do PBP for the first three or four innings. Then someone else can get their work in.

vaticanplum
03-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I can do PBP for the first three or four innings. Then someone else can get their work in.

:clap:

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 06:47 PM
:clap:

Hey, where's my two dol- my CD?

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Narron's pre-game interview correctly pinpoints the Natural's plate discipline as the big surprise. Not the defense or the arm or the power. Good call, JN.

Chip R
03-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Hopefully the wind isn't blowing too hard for you.

vaticanplum
03-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey, where's my two dol- my CD?

It is actually right next to me on my desk. Where it has been for about two months.

pedro
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
hey Doc. Good show at the ash street april 20th. Richmond Fontaine & Grand Champeen

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
hey Doc. Good show at the ash street april 20th. Richmond Fontaine & Grand Champeen

Who dat?

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Thom is bloviating about how great the Phillie rotation is. Nothing anyone needs to hear.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Freel spanks the second pitch into center for a base hit off Utley's glove, then motors to second standing up!

Scored a single and an error on CF Aaron Rowand.

pedro
03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Who dat?

richmond fontaine are local alt country band. they're pretty good.

grand champeen is from austin. they're kind of like the replacements.

http://www.grandchampeen.com

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Dunn steps in. That's the lineup spot I want him in for 162 of the next 162 games.

Swing and a miss. Waaaay out in front, topped foul. 1-2. Half-swing foul into the Philly dugout. Very high fly ball along the LF foul line- Rollins gloves it for out number one.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM

grand champeen is from austin. they're kind of like the replacements.

http://www.grandchampeen.com

Replacement replacements? Can't hardly wait.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Freel breaks too soon for third and Moyer calmly steps off the rubber and guns him down easily. Two out.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Phillips looks at a strike. (Thom bloviates about Dunn not advancing Freel to third, so it's Adam's fault Freel got picked off.)

BP strikes out. 0-0 after 0.5.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Freel gets picked off waaaay too much.

Chip R
Phillips looks at a strike. (Thom bloviates about Dunn not advancing Freel to third, so it's Adam's fault Freel got picked off.)

BP strikes out. 0-0 after 0.5.

Sounds like the bloom is off the rose.

pedro
Replacement replacements? Can't hardly wait.

:)

pedro
03-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Freel gets picked off waaaay too much.

They had an article in the local paper today with the headline

"daredevil to replace griffey in center field"

I agree he gets picked off too much.

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Ryan Freel did what he does....flies through the air, catches the ball behind Adam Dunn, and crashes into the wall, head first, perhpaps...and comes up a little shaken up, grabbing his left leg. Marty and Thom are amazed at the catch. AMAZED.

Griffey hopefully realizes he is no longer in centerfield

He stays in the game.

ochoa30
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
ryan freel is crazy, but you have to love him.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Bottom of 1.

Rollins. Lohse. Strike called. Topper to first. LA MAQUINA LATINA DEL AMOR TIENE GUSTO DE UN GATO! 2-3, one down.

Rowand. DEEP DRIVE TO LEFT-CENTER DUNN WON'T GET IT BUT FREEL DIVES INTO THE WALL HEADFIRST AND MAKES THE GRAB! Freel down on the warning track as Jerry Narron dashes onto the field. Ryan remains in the ballgame! Two outs.

Chase Utley completes his game of croquet just in time to step in. Foul back. Routine pop to Gonzalez ends the frame.

0-0 after 1.

Always Red
03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
"daredevil to replace griffey in center field"

Evel Kneivel almost just decapitated himself against the wall in right center.

Thom gushed that it was one of the best catches he's seen, ST or regular season.

They better keep Deno, Hammy and Hopper all around; with Junior and Freel both penciled in to start, there will be plenty of opportunity.

reds44
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Scrappy Junior.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Top of 2.

Junior PUSHES THE BUNT FAIR DOWN THE THIRD BASE LINE! Base hit!

EdE. HIGH DRIVE PULLED TO LEFT IT'S GONE HOME RUN 2-0 REDS! An "absolute tracer" kills the rally.

Veteran Jeff Conine veterans in. He'll be veteraning at first with Scott Hatteberg unless Hat is really good against a particular lefty. 1-0 pitch veterans in for a strike. Conine has veteraned over .300 against lefties for his career, while Hat has hit just .239. More veteran fouls. Ball two. Veteraned to short, easy throw is out number one.

Gonzalez. Hitless in his last twelve. Taken, ball one. Ball two. (Thom bloviates about Gonzalez being better in the #2 hole because he's a good hit-and-run guy.) Strike called. Ball three. Ball four! A guy who hates taking walks just walked off a guy who hates giving 'em.

LLM. Strike one. Ball's low. Outside, ball two. Ball three. Strike two called, as Gonzo is gunned down stealing by Barajas. Two outs. Full count. Fly to center, hauled in by Rowand.

2-0 Reds, middle of 2.

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
:ede:

:jump:

reds44
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Edwin!!!!!!!

2-0

cincy09
03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
EDWIN getting love from Marty

reds44
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
:laugh:
EDWIN getting love from Marty
It sounded like a compliment ALMOST slipped out by Marty there.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
40+ doubles and 25-30 homers from Edwin this year.

pedro
03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Thom and Marty talking about how Gonzo should be batting second.

God help us all.

reds44
03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Son and pop saying Seabass should bat second. Apparently Jacoby said he's the best hit and run guy on the team.

Ewww

DannyB
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM

You're doing fine I think you should stay................

Always Red
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
uh-oh, Marty and Thom, constructing lineups, have agreed that Gonzo should be hitting 2nd, because of his excellent hit and run prowess...

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:31 PM
You're doing fine I think you should stay................

(Blush) Gee, thanks. But I have to go wash my hair.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Bottom of 2.

Ryan Howard steps in. Rough spring. He does, however, rip the first pitch right at Phillips for the out. One pitch, one out.

Burrell. First-pitch strikes to all four hitters so far by Lohse. Strike called to Pat the Bat. Check swing, ball one. Called strike two. Juuust off the plate, ball two. HE GOES, AND HE GONE! Two down.

NATURAL IN THE GAME! For Freel in center.

Helms. Fresh off a good year as Scoutmaster for the Marlins. Swing and a miss as Lohse throws it right by him. High, ball one. Strike called. Grounder up the middle, but Gonzo is there to take care of it.

2-0 Reds after 2.

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Freel out. Hamilton in.

That is all

reds44
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Ryan Freel out
Josh Hamilton in

God I hope Freel isn't hurt.

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Freel out. Hamilton in.

That is all

Uh oh...

lollipopcurve
03-27-2007, 07:38 PM
The Dockta on pbp.... nice call.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Top of 3.

Lohse. Grounder to third, one out.

Hamilton. Low and away, ball one. Strike on the outside edge. LINED INTO RIGHT-CENTER, BASE HIT!

Dunn. First-pitch hacking, and a foul. Bouncer foul, 0-2. Fastball, strike three called! Dunn doesn't like the call, thinking the pitch was low. Two out. That's twelve Ks in 47 spring ABs.

Phillips takes the first one high and away. Swing and a miss, count evens. Hamilton taking a conservative lead. End-of-the-bat foul, 1-2. Popup foul. Thom talks about Opening Day coverage. Thom, you haven't lived until you've seen Bill Cunningham's ridiculous shtick ruin WLW's pre-game extravaganza. Ball two, then count runs full. Grounder to third is 5-3'd by Helms to end it.

2-0 Reds after 2.5.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Hamilton is due for a HR. I feel one coming tonight.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Bottom of 3. Two really good innings from Lohse so far.

Greg "Ronnie" Dobbs waves at the first one. Unfortunately, it's a cop. Run, Ronnie! Another swing and a miss. HE ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS AIR! 0-2. HE GONE! One out. Three fastballs.

Barajas. Signed out of a tryout camp... huh. Fastball, strike one. High fly to left-center, and Dunn bangs into the wall but can't get it! Narron on the field to inspect the wall, but it'll stay in the game. 2-1 Reds.

Moyer. Strike one called. Fouled away, 0-2. Grounder charged by Gonzo, and on to the veteran Conine. Two out.

Rollins (0-1). Strike one called. Wow, what a trend. Breaking ball in the dirt. Punched into left, base hit.

Rowand (0-1). Ball one as the veteran Conine holds Rollins at first. Check swing foul, 1-1. More fouls and taken pitches that I missed. Marty repeats the story Thom's already mentioned about Rowand breaking his face on the outfield wall last year. This endeared him to Philly fans (meaning he got 50% less batteries winged at him after coming off the DL). SWING AND A MISS HE GONE!

2-1 Reds after 3. I've got one more in me.

vaticanplum
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
"Lots of fastballs tonight...that's what Dick Pole likes to see."

I'm sorry, I know we'll tire of it eventually, but for me personally I'm just not there yet.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Top of 4.

Junior (1-1, R). Waves at the first pitch and sends it foul. Biiiig shift for Junior. MASHED into left, but Burrell makes the catch in front of the warning track. One out.

Freel's got back spasms. He's hopefully going to be fine.

EdE (1-1, HR, 2 RBI). Ball one, low and away. High fly to left, gloved by Burrell. Two down. Juuust missed it.

Veteran Conine (0-1). Thom's son Luke is now two years old. Twenty more years until he graduates from OU and joins the broadcast booth. Broken-bat veteran grounder, gloved by Helms, but he pulls Howard off the bag with the throw. Veteran Conine called safe! Heads-up veteran play there.

"A Bengal on the wrong side of the law again. In-depth team coverage after the game!" Who the heck is it NOW?

Thom looks forward to visiting Dayton's Fifth Third Field. Marty hasn't been there either (!).

High fly to left is the third out.

2-1 Reds after 3.5.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Bottom of 4.

Utley. Looks at strike one. Man, that's a nice trend. In the air to left-center, played by the Natural. One down.

Howard. Thom bloviates about how great the Cards' pitchers have been this spring. Just five homers all spring. That's nothing, Thom- Eric Milton did that in ONE DAY. To A-ballers. Oh, by the way, Lohse blows the reigning NL MVP away with three fastballs. Just a minor note. Two out.

Burrell. Down Broadway for a strike. HIGH DRIVE DOWN THE LEFTFIELD LINE, TIE SCORE. He three-wooded one from down and away.

Helms. Fastball under the knees, ball one. Wicked slider evens the count. Swing and a miss. Another fastball stays low, count evens. Wes slams a gapper into RCF for a two-out double.

Dobbs. First-pitch foul popup. Breaker in the dirt. Grounder to short ends the inning.

Coffey, Cormier, Hermanson, Coutlangus, Santos are traveling tonight.

2-2 after 4. Someone else's turn!

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
HENRY TO BE JAILED FOR PROBATION VIOLATION?

On the surface, the news is that Bengals receiver Chris Henry has been arrested. Again.

Even though he was busted merely for driving on a suspended license, a bust is a bust. And it's three points for the Bengals.

Henry also was busted for not wearing a seat belt and not using a turn signal. Though some folks disagree with our approach in this regard, each charge results in more points. So that's nine total points for the Bengals.

But the bigger issue, as astutely pointed out by the Cincinnati Enquirer, is that Henry could be in violation of his probation. Which could land him in jail for up to 88 days.

In January, Henry was sentenced to 90 days for providing alcohol to a minor. He served two. To avoid the other 88, he was required to stay out of trouble.

Currently, Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson is in the click for violation of probation.

The judge who'll be deciding whether and to what extent Henry will go to jail for violating his probation is most likely the same judge who called Henry a "cancer" when sending him to prison for two days.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
That's it- the last straw. Chris Henry can't use a turn signal. He's dead to me!

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Burrell golf swings a homer on what is being described as a good pitch by Lohse....not a ball right down broadway.

Brisco
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
HENRY TO BE JAILED FOR PROBATION VIOLATION?

On the surface, the news is that Bengals receiver Chris Henry has been arrested. Again.

Even though he was busted merely for driving on a suspended license, a bust is a bust. And it's three points for the Bengals.

Henry also was busted for not wearing a seat belt and not using a turn signal. Though some folks disagree with our approach in this regard, each charge results in more points. So that's nine total points for the Bengals.

But the bigger issue, as astutely pointed out by the Cincinnati Enquirer, is that Henry could be in violation of his probation. Which could land him in jail for up to 88 days.

In January, Henry was sentenced to 90 days for providing alcohol to a minor. He served two. To avoid the other 88, he was required to stay out of trouble.

Currently, Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson is in the click for violation of probation.

The judge who'll be deciding whether and to what extent Henry will go to jail for violating his probation is most likely the same judge who called Henry a "cancer" when sending him to prison for two days.

I would add a "D" after the name Chris in your tagline when you are talking about Bengals news in posts, edabbs... especially Henry news. :)

Dunner44
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
How many FBs did Loshe hurl tonight? Was this simply because the Reds play the Phils later in the year? Arroyo did that a few games ago...

Or is this simply Loshe focusing on the FB at Dick Pole's insistence? What does Dick want him to use? FB, Slider, Change? Or something else? Or just 2 pitches? I'm confused.

Falls City Beer
03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
How many FBs did Loshe hurl tonight? Was this simply because the Reds play the Phils later in the year? Arroyo did that a few games ago...

Or is this simply Loshe focusing on the FB at Dick Pole's insistence? What does Dick want him to use? FB, Slider, Change? Or something else? Or just 2 pitches? I'm confused.

Lohse is using his ever-popular "pound the crap out of me" stuff that he's always relied upon.

Dunner44
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else think its weird to see Jamie Moyer pitching for anyone other than the Ms? I saw his name earlier in the thread and thought "nah, it can't be that Jamie Moyer." But it is. Weird.

M2
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Does anyone else think its weird to see Jamie Moyer pitching for anyone other than the Ms? I saw his name earlier in the thread and thought "nah, it can't be that Jamie Moyer." But it is. Weird.

I still think of him in a Cubs jersey. Though at times I recall a homer he surrendered while he was with the Orioles to Frank Thomas that still hasn't landed.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Marty says Milton "at best, at best" will open the year as the #5 starter.

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
According to Marty, there are rumbling going around the Eric Milton, AT BEST, will start the season as the #5 starter

:pray:

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Lohse is having another meltdown on the mound.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Certainly nothing about this outing makes me optimistic.

edabbs44
The state of this rotation is shaky, at best.

pedro
Lohse sure is inconsistent.

cincy09
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Lohse is having another meltdown on the mound.

what did he do ?

M2
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Marty says Milton "at best, at best" will open the year as the #5 starter.

So is the Milton's final ST start going to be make or break or is Marty making it sound like the guy has already burned his last straw?

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
what did he do ?

Walked the #8 hitter, pitcher bunted runner over, then gave up a hit, then hit the next batter.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
So is the Milton's final ST start going to be make or break or is Marty making it sound like the guy has already burned his last straw?
I'd say more the former then later.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
HUGE pitch by Coutlangus there to strike Utley out looking.

Ryan Howard up.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Coutlangus came in with the bases loaded and 1 out.

Utley struck out looking for out #2.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Coutlangus should be on the Opening Day roster. Can't wait to see what he does against Howard.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
3-0 on Howard.

Ru-roh

Always Red
03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Lohse sure is inconsistent.

Lohse is a head case. He's got a great arm, and great stuff. He can't keep it all together for even 6 innings, much less an entire game.

The sooner he sees that his temperment, and stuff are meant for the closers role, the quicker his career will be back on track.

On the other hand, if he can't handle the pressure of starting (Marty thinks it was the pressure that got to him), not sure if he can do it in the bullpen, either.

reds44
3-2 on Howard......

CTA513
Howard strikes out looking for out #3.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:44 PM
OH!!!!!!!

HE GONE!!!!

He comes in with the bases loaded 1 out, and gets two guys looking!

What a HUGE outing by Coutlangus.

M2
Howard strikes out looking for out #3.

Coutlangus stirkes again! :p:

OnBaseMachine
Jon Coutlangus just struckout two of the best hitters in the game with the bases loaded. Why isn't he on this team?

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Jon Coutlangus just struckout two of the best hitters in the game with the bases loaded. Why isn't he on this team?
Who said he isn't?

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Top of the 6th tied 2-2.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Griffey flies out to right field. 1 out.

cincy09
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Who said he isn't?

options :bang: :bang: :bang:

Phhhl
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Now THAT is impressive. How can the brass look past something like that sequence of pitches when it's decision time? If Milton makes the staff and it costs someone like Coutlangus or Burton a job, it will be criminal.

Always Red
Anyone else noticing how Marty and Thom's negativity seem to feed off each other? At least Steve would just sit there last year, not say anything or change the subject. Or at least not egg him on. If Thom doesn't reel Pop in a little bit, I can see Marty saying something really stupid sometime later this year.

OnBaseMachine
Who said he isn't?

No way the Reds will carry Cormier, Stanton, Bray, and Coutlangus. I understand Bray may begin the season on the DL but he won't be on there for long.

Trade Cormier, keep Coutlangus.

rotnoid
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Now THAT is impressive. How can the brass look past something like that sequence of pitches when it's decision time? If Milton makes the staff and it costs someone like Coutlangus or Burton a job, it will be criminal.

Barring an amazing confession from Milton regarding the injured knee, it's bound to happen though.

CTA513
Encarnacion singles after Utley falls down and is not able to make the throw to first.

edabbs44

Because there are too many lefites in the bullpen already.

Crappy answer, but the truth.

UPRedsFan
I think Coutlangus just made the squad. They've got to look at him now for Bray's spot until Bray gets healthy.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
No way the Reds will carry Cormier, Stanton, Bray, and Coutlangus. I understand Bray may begin the season on the DL but he won't be on there for long.

Trade Cormier, keep Coutlangus.
If indeed Bray starts the year on the DL (which I agree he will) and Coutlangus pitches well in his absense, Cormier will be gone.

Mark it down.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I always love it when broadcasters use other broadcasters for their appeal to authority. I think the absurdity of it never crosses their mind.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Ryan Howard this spring: 22 K's in 58 AB's

pedro
Ok, I've reached my limit. Thom and Marty are unlistenable IMO.

reds44
Did he just swing 3-0 and ground into a DP?

oy vey

flyer85
03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
I guess all the praise for Conine while chastising the "dummies" who don't see his great worth kinda backfired. Get used to little power and lots of DPs.

Dunner44
Coutlangus will not be taking Bill Bray's spot... that goes to Burton, who has to stay on the 25 man roster to stay with the Reds. The sooner Cormier is gone, however, the happier I am. I'm okay with Stanton for now, but Coutlangus would be a sweet LOOGY, and fares okay against righties too. If only Jerry knew how to use a LOOGY...

reds44
Ok, I've reached my limit. Thom and Marty are unlistenable IMO.
OMG JEFF CONINE IS THE SAVIOR!!!!!111111

:evil:

CTA513

oy vey

Yeah Conine grounded into a inning ending double play.

flyer85

oy veyHowever, it was done professionally. :laugh:

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Coffey now pitching
Jay Bruce is in right field
Drew Stubbs is in center field.

reds44
Jay Bruce in RF
Drew Stubbs in CF

edabbs44
If indeed Bray starts the year on the DL (which I agree he will) and Coutlangus pitches well in his absense, Cormier will be gone.

Mark it down.

Gone as in eating his salary or gone as in they might be able to find someone who will actually give something up for him?

oneupper
Jay Bruce in RF
Drew Stubbs in CF

Where's Deno?

cincy09
03-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Jay Bruce in RF
Drew Stubbs in CF

The future

flyer85
Coutlangus will not be taking Bill Bray's spot... .I'm sure Cormier would have whiffed 'em. ;)

reds44
Gone as in eating his salary or gone as in they might be able to find someone who will actually give something up for him?
My crystal ball doesn't show that.

;)

CTA513
Burrell flys out to right field. 1 out.

reds44
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Where's Deno?
Louisville? ;)

I think he's hurt actually.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Helms singles to center.

rotnoid
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM

With the glut of "quality arms" we already have, I'm sure he's been on the market. I have to believe if there was someone out there that would actually give up something, he'd already be gone.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Dobbs doubles after Stubbs cant catch a ball that Marty says he should have caught.

Runners at 2nd and 3rd, 1 out.

Falls City Beer
Cunning linguist.

UPRedsFan
Surely the Padres would give it some thought to have a veteran lefty in their pen

rotnoid
03-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Surely the Padres would give it some thought to have a veteran lefty in their pen

He sounds so much better when you put it that way...

M2
Cunning linguist.

A master of many tongues.

CTA513
Barajas walks, bases loaded with 1 out.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Thom and Marty are having a sarcasm orgasm.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Moyer hits a bouncer to 3rd and Cruz gets the force out at home. 2 outs.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Dobbs doubles after Stubbs cant catch a ball that Marty says he should have caught.He's a gold glover

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Rollins grounds out. 3 outs.

Game tied 2-2 after the 6th inning.

cincy09
03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Did Coutlangus pitch the sixth too?

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM

Coffey pitched the 6th.

reds44
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
No, Coffey did.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Gonzalez strikes out, 1 out.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Valentin strikes out, 2 outs.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
The Reds have a new mascot named Mr. Redlegs?

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Moeller strikes out looking, 3 outs.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Cormier now pitching the 7th.

Rowand triples off the first pitch thrown by Cormier.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Chris Valaika now playing shortstop for the Reds.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Ultey walks

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Cormier now pitching the 7th.

Rowand triples off the first pitch thrown by Cormier.

I heard they are doing a special "Unsolved Mysteries" episode where they ask the question "Why was Cormier given a contract extension immediately after being acquired by the Reds?"

http://www.btinternet.com/~teppic2000/KurtCobainCase/unsolved_mysteries.jpg

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Howard strikes out swinging.

23 K's in 59 ABs.

:eek:

reds44
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I think I could get Ryan Howard out right now.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Burrell singles, 1 run scores.

3-2 Phillies

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Helms with a sac fly, 2 outs.

4-2 Phillies

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Runner steals second.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Dobbs doubles, 1 run scores.

5-2 Phillies

Matt700wlw
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Cormier not having a Rheal good outing....

:D

ochoa30
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
And there goes the little trade value cormier may have had.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Barajas strikes out. 3 outs.

5-2 Phillies after 7 innings.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Someone on the Reds just grounded out, 1 out.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Cruz grounds out, 2 outs.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Janish strikes out, 3 outs.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Dustin Hermanson now pitching the 8th.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Ok, I've reached my limit. Thom and Marty are unlistenable IMO.they had a great discussion tonight with Thom leading the charge why Gonzo should be the #2 hitter. I'm sure glad they are the experts.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Werth with a lead off double.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Nunez with a hard hit out to left field.

Next batter hits an RBI double.

6-2 Phillies

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Garcia strikes out, 2 outs.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Old guys getting lit up, thats a trend I expect to continue right into the season.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Old guys getting lit up, thats a trend I expect to continue right into the season.

Both are expected to make the roster and Hermanson is rumored to be the closer.

:help:

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Phillies batter flys out, 3 outs.

6-2 Phillies after 8 innings.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
The Hermanator gets lit up, somehow giving up just one run, and the Brennamans seem shocked that he'd get hit so hard. Because he's proven.

Flash Gordon blows away the first Red batter in the ninth as Marty and Thom praise him to high heaven.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Bruce strikes out, 1 out

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Juan Castro's going to pinch-hit for the pitcher. Like that's a step up.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Cruz walks

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Castro grounds into a force out at second. 2 outs.

Doc. Scott
03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Enrique Cruz works a full count, then walks.

Castro falls behind 0-2. Wayyy high, ball one. Foul. Hits a DP grounder, but somehow beats the relay throw to first (!).

Valaika steps in. Pioneer League MVP in '06, setting a 32-game hit-streak PL record. Longest streak in the minors last year. Fouls off two to fall behind 0-2. Fastball's high. Another foul. Swing and a miss and that'll do it.

Phillies 6, Reds 2.

CTA513
03-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Valaika strikes out, 3 outs.

Phillies win 6-2

hippie07
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the PBP's - my gameday audio wouldn't load - so I really appreciate it!

Always Red
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I've gotta say, Marty and Thom sounded like it was mid-September and the Reds were 20 games back.

It was kind of depressing, to be honest. That's the first time I've noticed them dragging each other down.

On a different note, I was listening to Jeff Brantley do pbp on FSN last night, and when he talks really slowly, he sounds just like.....Hank Hill. And the funny thing is, I like it!

flyer85
03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I've gotta say, Marty and Thom sounded like it was mid-September and the Reds were 20 games backMaybe Marty's panties were in a wad about having to do a night game on the road. He certainly was a sour puss all night. He started piling on Lohse before the game started and spread it around after that, then Thom joined in the fun.

Falls City Beer
03-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Maybe Marty's panties were in a wad about having to do a night game on the road. He certainly was a sour puss all night. He started piling on Lohse before the game started and spread it around after that, then Thom joined in the fun.

Can't say I blame him for not wanting to endure a Lohse start; I reflexively grab for a tube of Desitin when he takes the mound, too.

flyer85
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Can't say I blame him for not wanting to endure a Lohse start; I reflexively grab for a tube of Desitin when he takes the mound, too.but he will have the opportunity to do it 3 starts out of 5 as Lohse hasn't been any worse than Saarloos and considerably better than Milton. It gets old listening to him rag on most of the team after 2 innings, much less night after night. I did notice it was much worse tonight with Thom than it has been when he is teamed with Brantley. I won't be listening once the season starts.

Falls City Beer
03-27-2007, 10:36 PM
but he will have the opportunity to do it 3 starts out of 5 as Lohse hasn't been any worse than Saarloos and considerably better than Milton. It gets old listening to him rag on most of the team after 2 innings, much less night after night. I did notice it was much worse tonight with Thom than it has been when he is teamed with Brantley. I won't be listening once the season starts.

I haven't listened to Marty in years. I really couldn't care less about the guy. I just wanted to creatively ***** about Lohse cuz I can't stand him.

roby
03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
At least Cormier had a good night! :bang:

dsmith421
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM

I believe the lead singer is originally from Reno, his record "The Fitzgerald" is named after one of the seedier hotel/casinos here.

Doc. Scott
03-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Can't say I blame him for not wanting to endure a Lohse start; I reflexively grab for a tube of Desitin when he takes the mound, too.

Geez. Just imagine if Lohse had actually had a bad start. In this one he gave up just two runs on five hits in 4.1 innings. Throwing almost nothing but fastballs.

reds44
03-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Geez. Just imagine if Lohse had actually had a bad start. In this one he gave up just two runs on five hits in 4.1 innings. Throwing almost nothing but fastballs.
We should trade him for Braden Looper or Kip Wells.

:ughmamoru

membengal
03-28-2007, 07:24 AM
We had the Phillies feed on XM so I missed the Reds call. What set Marty off to act like that?

lollipopcurve
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
What set Marty off to act like that?

Probably getting up in the morning.

Par for the course.

Always Red
03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Probably getting up in the morning.

Par for the course.

The happiest Marty sounded all night was when he and Thom were discussing Thom's son's birthday party, which they both will be back in town for, just prior to opening day. Other than that, Marty was especially grumpy, pessimistic and critical last night (yes, even more than usual). Prior poster was right, I think, he didn't like having to do an away night game in Florida.