PDA

View Full Version : Harang on opening day

edabbs44
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere.

It's Harang, Arroyo and . . .

In a most anticlimactic announcement of spring, Jerry Narron said that Aaron Harang will be the Opening Day starter. It was pretty clear that that would be the case when the Reds set up the spring rotation in early March.

Harang will become the first pitcher to start back-to-back openers for the Reds since Pete Harnisch in 2000 and 2001.

Harang isn't here in Clearwater But Narron said when he told him yesterday, "He was pretty excited -- for Aaron Harang."

As for the Reds of rotation, Narron said: "It's Harang and (Bronson) Arroyo . . . "

It has been Harang, Arroyo, Eric Milton and Kyle Lohse all spring. But it sounds like that could be tinkered with.
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2007/03/its-harang-arroyo-and.asp

reds44
03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Wow, that sounds very interesting. I'm still holding out for Harang, Arroyo, Loshe, Belisle, and Saarloos.

redsfan30
03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
During tonight's game, Marty made it sound like the organization is thinking of Milton as fifth....at best.

Interesting.

rotnoid
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Further proof that they powers that be are holding their hands close to their chest. Until today it seemed a given the Uncle Milty would be #3. I like the secrecy. It's tough from the I-need-to-know-right-now standpoint, but it makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

Redsland
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Yep.

This, plus Jr. to right field and Dunn in the 2-hole, is just the kind of thing that's liable to boost my confidence in the FO.

BRM
03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Yep.

This, plus Jr. to right field and Dunn in the 2-hole, is just the kind of thing that's liable to boost my confidence in the FO.

Just don't let your confidence get crushed when you see Gonzalez hitting 2nd. ;)

Redskinalum02
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't call Dunn hitting in the 2nd spot a FO decision. That's a Naroon decision.

Redsland
03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Just don't let your confidence get crushed when you see Gonzalez hitting 2nd. ;)
Ditto Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton, but throw me a bone here.

:)

BRM
03-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Ditto Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton, but throw me a bone here.

:)

Hey, I'm just trying to brace you for the inevitable. ;)