PDA

View Full Version : Edurdo Perez Tony's son

BEETTLEBUG
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
WhiteSox released him today. I would drather have than Conine he is younger but whom would take Conine?

mth123
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
WhiteSox released him today. I would drather have than Conine he is younger but whom would take Conine?

I saw that and he would be a big upgrade in comparison (and the fans would probably like it too).

Dracodave
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM

Any decent nursing home. :p:
I don't think he'd have that big of a "trading pool"

FlightRick
03-28-2007, 03:56 AM
I know it's bad manners to make fun of spelling errors/typos, and I know it speaks ill of me admitting this, but:

I saw "Edurdo" in this headline, and the only thing I could think of was that Noted Hack Carlos Mencia had somehow coined a new retarded spanglish euphemism for "poop" without me knowing about it. It sorta sounds vaguely foreign-dirty, anyway.

Then again, me not knowing about it would be par for the course. To paraphrase Peter Griffen: "If you find Carlos Mencia even remotely amusing, then I cannot respect you as a preson." It's true, people, it's damned true.

Also, to tangentially address the Baseball Issue at Hand: I'm of a mind that I'd rather have pretty much anybody other than Conine on the roster, especially if we could get away with paying him league minimum instead of some sum that includes seven digits. But that ain't really saying much....

Ravenlord
03-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Eduardo and Craig Wilson were both availble at the time of signing Conine. that's all i'm going to say.

Ron Madden
03-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Eduardo and Craig Wilson were both availble at the time of signing Conine. that's all i'm going to say.

That's all that needs to be said. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ravenlord
03-28-2007, 04:50 AM
That's all that needs to be said. :bang: :bang: :bang:

not quite, Wilson has virtually the same contract as Conine.

Ron Madden
03-28-2007, 04:54 AM
not quite, Wilson has virtually the same contract as Conine.

I know. :angry:

gobucks106
03-28-2007, 01:17 PM
He was having a good spring as well! Batting .500 in 22 AB's, with 3 HR's and 9 Ribeye Steaks. Some team looking for a right-handed bat off the bench with some pop will pick him up.

George Anderson
03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Assuming no one else shows interest in him, I wonder if Perez would accept a minor league contract?

Degenerate39
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
He's a better option than Conine is. Get rid of Conine and sign Perez.

Cooper
03-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Sign him. No brainer.

edabbs44
03-28-2007, 03:31 PM
It's too bad they are already on the hook for Conine's money. What a waste of a couple million.

redsmetz
03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
He has regularly played in the minors as he's been with various clubs - he's played nearly as much in the minors (and Japan) than he has in the minors. I'm not adverse to signing him to a minor league deal.

That said, I think Conine was more productive last year and will be better for us than Eduardo (who I like a lot). I'm not saying Conine's going to be a huge impact player for us, but I think he'll produce some for us.

BRM
03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Perez actually outslugged Conine last year although with much fewer plate appearances.

redsmetz
03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Perez actually outslugged Conine last year although with much fewer plate appearances.

I was looking more at RBI's (and now at Runs) - they were essentially about the same when you factor in the number of games played.

RedLegSuperStar
03-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Sadly Conine was acquired in a trade.. so we actually dealt someone to obtain him.. I'd rather of had Wilson.

rotnoid
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Sadly Conine was acquired in a trade.. so we actually dealt someone to obtain him.. I'd rather of had Wilson.

Who says Wilson was willing to come here?

BRM
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Who says Wilson was willing to come here?

We don't know one way or the other. Money has a way of helping players make up their mind though.