PDA

View Full Version : Hal Bodley Picks Reds To Win Division!

Moonlite Graham
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Dont know if anybody has seen this weeks Sports (Formerly Baseball) Weekly but the writers made their 2007 predictions in this weeks Baseball Preview issue and national writer Hal Bodley picked the Reds to win the NL Central.

Granted he was the only one of the dozen or so writers polled who did so, but it certainly made my eyes pop out and just made me all the more ready for baseball.

On other topics, one writer picked Josh Hamilton to be the NL's biggest surprise and another picked Bronson to be the NL's biggest disappointment.

Overall a good issue and well worth 1.75.

Can opening day get here soon enough??????:beerme:

goreds2
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Dont know if anybody has seen this weeks Sports (Formerly Baseball) Weekly but the writers made their 2007 predictions in this weeks Baseball Preview issue and national writer Hal Bodley picked the Reds to win the NL Central.

Granted he was the only one of the dozen or so writers polled who did so, but it certainly made my eyes pop out and just made me all the more ready for baseball.

On other topics, one writer picked Josh Hamilton to be the NL's biggest surprise and another picked Bronson to be the NL's biggest disappointment.

Overall a good issue and well worth 1.75.

Can opening day get here soon enough??????:beerme:

It is going to be difficult to win our division if Bronson is to be the NL's biggest disappointment.

It is cool someone picked us though. :)

AtomicDumpling
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I agree it is nice to see an "expert" pick the Reds to win the division. Luckily the Reds are in a division without a dominant team. The Cardinals won the World Series but they only won 83 games. They had the worst record of any World Series winner in history. The Cubs are much improved due to their free agent signings, but they have already suffered some injuries this spring. The Astros are decent, but nothing to be afraid of. I would say the Reds have a fighting chance this season. I really don't see this team as being improved over last years team though do you? They haven't added any upgrades to the team. I think if they finish .500 it will be a surprise, but I can always dream. :beerme:

mth123
03-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I agree it is nice to see an "expert" pick the Reds to win the division.

Glad you put expert in quotes where Bodley is the subject. Welcome to the board.

MartyFan
03-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Glad you put expert in quotes where Bodley is the subject. Welcome to the board.

No doubt...everyone knows all the experts are already here on RedsZone! :)

mth123
03-30-2007, 06:06 AM
No doubt...everyone knows all the experts are already here on RedsZone! :)

How true. At least he gets paid for his ramblings. I spend too much time on here rambling and get nothing but an angry wife.

UPRedsFan
03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
How true. At least he gets paid for his ramblings. I spend too much time on here rambling and get nothing but an angry wife.

You too?

pedro
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
someone is bound to hit on 18. maybe they'll win. but probably not.