PDA

View Full Version : Reds Pre-Game Coverage On Opening Day (700 WLW)

goreds2
03-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Reds Pre-Game Coverage On Opening Day (XM173 / 700WLW)
THE BIG ONE’S

OFFICIAL OPENING DAY HEADQUARTERS

Monday, April 2nd

Join 700WLW at GameDay Sports Cafe' for Cincinnati’s

“Official” Opening Day Celebration.

JIM SCOTT LIVE 5am-9am

Join Jim, Scott Springer with 20/20 Sports, Showbiz Stuff with Rich Walburg,

the Morning Military Briefing with Col. Dean Smittle and 700WLW’s Fly Guy Jay Ratliff.

MIKE MCCONNELL/TRACY JONES LIVE 9am-11am
It’s a live broadcast of 700WLW’s Midday with Mike McConnell as he’s joined by Extra Innings host and former Reds and MLB player Tracy Jones.
Mike and the Tracer together again!

Plus, food, beer and bands.

GameDay Sports Café’ is located at 537 East Pete Rose Way,

just 1.5 blocks east of GABP.

Then, it’s the “Big Show” live from the Right Field Porch area at GABP.

BILL CUNNINGHAM LIVE FROM 11am-1:40pm

At 11am, the Official Opening Day Celebrations moves inside the GABP. Join Willie,
the Seg-Man, SportsTalk’s Tom Gamble and Paul Daugherty, Scott Sloan and more for the annual party at the ballpark.

QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED OPENING DAY:

Will the Reds play in the World Series in 2007?

Where’s the President? Did he find out “Brennahan” is not his real name?

Will the Mayor throw like a girl?

RBA
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Will the Mayor throw like a girl?[/B]

Implying what? exactly?

Ltlabner
03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Where’s the President? Did he find out “Brennahan” is not his real name?

I have to admit, whenever they play Paul Harvey saying "Marty Brennahan" during the Stooge Report I laugh like a school girl. Don't know what it is about that.

I'd like to applogize for this totally useless post.

03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Can kids get into the Gameday Cafe? If so, mom and dad ccan drop me off there. I am 11 and can't drive.

Seriously, can my kids go in there?

KittyDuran
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Can kids get into the Gameday Cafe? If so, mom and dad ccan drop me off there. I am 11 and can't drive.

Seriously, can my kids go in there?Welllll... when we had the RedZone gathering after the game 2 years ago, some "Dunn-hating" 13 year old got in with his parents. ;)

creek14
03-30-2007, 08:28 AM

Seriously, can my kids go in there?

Yeah, we've had creek jr in there.

TheWalls
03-30-2007, 10:04 AM
I confess that listening to the Big One while I drive in from Illinois has become a part of the Opening Day experience over the last decade. Listening to the Lenny Harris tape, Browning, Seaver, Rose... it gets me completely revved up for the rest of the day coffee at Caffe Klatch, visit friends at GAI, meet up my best high school friend, the parade, oh by the way THE GAME, La Rosa's at Batesville, and more WLW on the way home (even better this year with no Furball). Win or lose it is simply one of the best days of the year!

vaticanplum
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED OPENING DAY:

Will the Reds play in the World Series in 2007?

I am so glad they will clear this up tomorrow!

TOBTTReds
04-01-2007, 04:48 PM
It's been a rough off-season without Tracy Jones. :rolleyes:

Ron Madden
04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Lance McAlister and Richard Skinner will also broadcast the Opening Day Celebration on 1530 The Sports Animal from Newport On The Levy starting at 8:00 am.

redsfan1966
04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Yes, listening to WLW on the way down to the Opener is a must for me as well--I will be at GameDay around 9am for McConnell and the Tracer...then on to the parade, Willie and yes, finally the game....it is the greatest day of the year for me....GO REDS!

George Anderson
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
It's been a rough off-season without Tracy Jones. :rolleyes:

I was just think today how I miss the trials and tribulations of Rod, Richard and Carla!!:rolleyes:

jnwohio
04-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I was just think today how I miss the trials and tribulations of Rod, Richard and Carla!!:rolleyes:

Actually I think it is pretty good radio most of the time. Sometimes he lets it get out of hand when there are really good baseball points to be discussed; but the continuing adventures of R&R are more entertaining than listening to a bunch of bashers (who often are just as loaded as Rod when he is off the wagon).

George Anderson
04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Actually I think it is pretty good radio most of the time. Sometimes he lets it get out of hand when there are really good baseball points to be discussed; but the continuing adventures of R&R are more entertaining than listening to a bunch of bashers (who often are just as loaded as Rod when he is off the wagon).

Yea actually for the most part I enjoy it myself to. It gives a good break from the mundane can we trade so and so for so and so type calls.

I also like how Tracy has the callers tell how many drinks they have had that night.