PDA

View Full Version : Majewski Optioned Out

Brian
03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
According to John Fay, more cuts en route:

Just walked up to Gary Majewski to ask him about something else. "I just got optioned," he said. "I'll get you after I make this phone call."

More moves are coming.

Hal McCoy just told me he had a 2:45 appointment with Jerry Narron and it just cancelled because they were bringing guys in the office.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

oneupper
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Good move. Majik hasn't proven much in ST.

MartyFan
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Breaking news

Lots of it. Jery Narron and Wayne Krivsky just announced the following:

--Chris Denorfia needs "Tommy John" surgery.

--Bobby Livingston and and Gary Majewski were optioned to Louisville.

--Jeff Keppinger, Bill Bray and Elizardo Ramirez go on the DL and will rehab in the Floirda.

--Jerry Gil, Denorfia and Eddie Guardado go on the DL and come north with the team.

--Either Matt Belisle or Kirk Saarloos will be the fifth starter.

--The last position player will be Norris Hopper or Chad Moeller.

--The last relief positions will go to a two of these three: Victos Santos, Jon Courlangus or Jared Burton.

OH MAN! That poor guy...can't get a break!

Joseph
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm frankly surprised they didn't DL majewski to further the claim against the Nationals, then sent him on a rehab assignment relatively quickly.

TeamSelig
03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Is Majik unhealthy still? No way should he not make the team if he is healthy... did he end up having surgery in the offseason? I can't seem to remember.

Matt700wlw
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I was hoping to post this as breaking news....but the computer was down.

Booooo!

MississippiRed
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
What awful news for Deno. I was looking forward to a Hamilton/Deno platoon when one of the oft-injured goes down.

Cormier must be traded. Milton must be traded/given away/released. I can't seriously believe that the Reds are going to send either Burton or Coutlangis (or both) to
AAA, which is what happens when Bray and Majeski get better.

Unassisted
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Burton's a Rule 5 guy. They can't send him down unless he clears waivers.

Eric_Davis
03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
They must need Majewski sooner and feel he's healthy enough than putting him on the 15-day DL would have allowed. So, expect to see him at least in the Pirates' series....or, he's going down because he's got options and he's not the best reliever available at this time.

redsupport
03-29-2007, 06:47 PM
santos is the man!!!

Dunner44
03-29-2007, 06:57 PM
They must need Majewski sooner and feel he's healthy enough than putting him on the 15-day DL would have allowed. So, expect to see him at least in the Pirates' series....or, he's going down because he's got options and he's not the best reliever available at this time.

Fay's article at Enquirer.com mentions that Majewski said he can't pitch back to back right now. He doesn't have the stamina. The move to Louisville tells me that he'll be there getting his arm strength back up slowly. No need to rush and ruin the arm that you traded FeLo and AK for. The Reds would obviously like to get a return on their investment, and letting Majewski rehab slowly means a better chance of that. In a month or two he'll be back assuming he performs well. But the fact that he was optioned speaks more to the higher amount of time he needs there, not that he'll only be there shortly. With a DL stint, you can only rehab for 30 days before coming back up. I think Gary needs a little more time than that.

KoryMac5
03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Santos will go down because he has told the Reds he would accept an assignment to AAA. With Bray DL'd that leaves us with Stanton and Frenchie in the pen as lefty options, Countlangus will come north because he offers a different look from those two.

mth123
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Santos will go down because he has told the Reds he would accept an assignment to AAA.

That could change. I posted elsewhere that he has pitched well and will never be closer to the front of the line for a shot than now with Bray, Maj and Lizard all hurt. He may figure he has a better shot somewhere else.

Jpup
03-30-2007, 06:21 AM
I predicted when Santos signed that he would be the 5th starter and I can't see any reason why that he wouldn't be considering the staff. Eric Milton, Jerry Narron, Wayne Krivsky, and the Reds seem to disagree.

Rocket_Fuel
03-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Milton is terrible. Get rid of the guy! We're losing or not able to use potentially quality starting pitchers because the Reds won't eat Milton's salary.

redsmetz
03-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I read in this morning's paper that Majewski was fine with being optioned, acknowledged it was the clubs right and recognized as someone noted here that it allows him to build his strength and can work longer, if necessary, than coming off the DL with the possibly shorter 30 day rehab assignment.

What I liked was the chemistry of all of this, even with Livingston understanding being sent down. In the same paper today, he understood the numbers game and knows it's not "if" he gets called up, but "when".

With only a couple of exceptions (and Deno's unfortunate injury), the roster and the depth at AAA are falling into place nicely, IMO. I still wouldn't be surprised to Cormier moved and would love for them to figure out what to do with Milton.

flyer85
03-30-2007, 08:55 AM
When they talked about D'Artagnan as a closer I didn't think it was going to be at AAA.

MississippiRed
03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
This is getting bad. I woke up about 4:00 AM realizing I had been dreaming that I read this thread on RZ: Cormier traded! Obviously I need to take a break.