PDA

View Full Version : So it this what it's looking like now?

11larkin11
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Dunn
Freel
Griffey
Hamilton

Encarnacion
Gonzalez
Phillips
Hatteberg
Conine
Castro

Ross
Valentin

Hopper/Moeller

Harang
Arroyo
Lohse
Belisle/Sarloos
Milton

Weathers
Coffey
Stanton
Cormier
Burton/Coutlangus/Santos
Burton/Coutlangus/Santos
Belisle/Sarloos

Give me Hopper, Burton, and Santos. Trade/Cut Milton and Cormier, replace with Livingston and Coutlangus, and Im happy.

reds44
03-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Sadly, Hermanson is going to make the team over Burton or Coutlangus.

Give me Hopper, Burton, and Coutlangaus.
In reality it will probably be Moeller, Burton, and Hermanson.

mth123
03-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Whoever wins the 5th starter spot could get sent down for the first week with all three of Santos, Burton and Coutlangus hanging around. Might buy time to make a deal. Of course if no deal happens they would need to either expose Burton to rule 5 waivers, DFA Santos or option Coutlangus. That may be an argument for sending Santos to AAA for now and save him for when injuries mount later. Not sure really. Bray and Maj will be available at some point and they may feel they need Santos more now then they likely will later in the year. I keep hoping Cormier is dealt to make room.

With Crosby outrighted and Deno probably headed to the 60 day DL, there are two spots open on the 40 man roster. Hermanson and Santos??

reds44
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Why would you take the risk of DFAing Santos, if you could just send him to AAA straight out of camp? He has a minor league contract.

mth123
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Why would you take the risk of DFAing Santos, if you could just send him to AAA straight out of camp? He has a minor league contract.

It depends on Bray and Maj. In a week, Santos will be 2nd in line in the bullpen behind Bray, third when Maj gets back and probably should be behind Salmon. I think whoever loses the 5th starter spot and Livingston are ahead of him in the rotation and eventually Bailey will get a start or two. He's pitching really well now. May as well get something out of him before he gets buried on the depth chart and is allowed to leave on his own to a team that will give him a major league shot.

Santos probably also knows he's pitched well and teams like the Nationals could probably use him. He might just refuse to accept an AAA assignment despite his earlier statement saying he would.

flyer85
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
what about Hermie?

mth123
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
what about Hermie?

He makes it I think and you're right another pitcher still needs to go. Need a Cormier for a decent bench bat deal, but I don't see it. I think Krivsky and Narron were looking for ways to keep Moeller and Deno's injury does that so the bench is full as well.

Royals Fan
03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Rosenthal reported tonight that the O's turned down an deal from the Rockies of Kim for Todd Williams.Diamondbacks pick up hard thrower Durbin from the Twins in wavier wire action.

I got an good ideal for an trade Rheal to the Royals for Reggie Sanders, an swamp of bad contracts for the year.

flyer85
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I got an good ideal for an trade Rheal to the Royals for Reggie Sanders, an swamp of bad contracts for the year.makes some sense, so no chance it happens