PDA

View Full Version : Better seats available?

bucksfan
04-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Apologies to those in the "do an exhaustive search before you post any topic" crowd, but I just checked out availability of club seats for the Reds/Cards game June 30 and was able to get 4 in section 305 no problem. Thing is, when I tried to get them the day tickets went on sale (Mar-10), I could not get them. I am not sure what the issue was at the time, or whether it has been discussed ad nauseum here or not, but I thought I'd mention this in case there were others trying as I was to get some of the more premium seats on that 1st weekend of ticket sales. Now I have 4 extra for that Cards game June 30 btw....

Jpup
04-01-2007, 05:34 AM
Apologies to those in the "do an exhaustive search before you post any topic" crowd, but I just checked out availability of club seats for the Reds/Cards game June 30 and was able to get 4 in section 305 no problem. Thing is, when I tried to get them the day tickets went on sale (Mar-10), I could not get them. I am not sure what the issue was at the time, or whether it has been discussed ad nauseum here or not, but I thought I'd mention this in case there were others trying as I was to get some of the more premium seats on that 1st weekend of ticket sales. Now I have 4 extra for that Cards game June 30 btw....

always wait until about 10 days before the game you plan on attending and more seats will be available. I have been able to get club home or scout seats to any game using that method.

Newman4
04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
always wait until about 10 days before the game you plan on attending and more seats will be available. I have been able to get club home or scout seats to any game using that method.

I have had other people tell me that certain premium seats you mentioned are set aside for players, administration, etc. until a certain date and then released to sell if they're not requested.

Joseph
04-01-2007, 11:30 AM
I went up a couple years ago and got Scout seats on the day of the game for a game that was supposedly sold out to see Clemens pitch. I'm not brave enough to do this regularly, but there seems to be some truth to the sentiment.

redsgabp
04-01-2007, 02:41 PM
They will normally hold back the best seats.

Like last month when single game tickets went on sale, you couldn't find any of the premium seats.

I did some looking and I was able to find some really good club seats for a few games.

I saw 2 tickets in section 304 (club) row A for the Mets Labor Day game.
If I didn't have season tickets, I would be all over them.

I also saw the same exact seats for the Diamondback game.
That could be a Randy Johnson game...

There are good seats to be found, but you have to look.

bucksfan
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I guess I had never been so "on the ball" as to be trying to purchase tickets the day single-games tix go on sale. I will just wait from now on.

redsgabp
04-01-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess I had never been so "on the ball" as to be trying to purchase tickets the day single-games tix go on sale. I will just wait from now on.

i think another reason they hold them off is because the reds try and sell season tickets as late as possible (especially premium seats)

bucksfan
04-01-2007, 09:12 PM
i think another reason they hold them off is because the reds try and sell season tickets as late as possible (especially premium seats)

Ahh, that makes sense... :thumbup: Either way, I am glad I checked again. Since we only go down to Cincinnati once a year, and it is just us guys (i.e just a single ticket cost per family), we like to try to get those club seats now after experiencing them once. The small section size, 4192 access, setas, etc, were just really really nice. I just received my initial ticket order (oufield terrace was all I could get Mar-10) in the mail on Saturday. Now I should have 4 more coming!