PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 23

Jpup
04-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Anyone else going to get Wrestlemania 23 tonight? Also, if anyone is interested, I can post match results in this thread. I usually don't buy the PPVs, but I did get the Rumble and am going to buy Mania tonight.

Here's the card:

Battle of the Billionaires
Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga (Donald Trumps Hair vs. Vince McMahon's Hair) w/ Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest referee.

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs. Undertaker

Money In the Bank Ladder Match
Randy Orton vs. Finlay vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge vs. Booker T vs. CM Punk

ECW Originals vs. ECW New Breed
Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, & Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von, and Kevin Thorn

WWE Women's Championship
Ashley vs. Melina (c)

United States Championship
Chris Benoit (c) vs MVP

Kane vs. The Great Khali

It's not a great card, but the MOTB ladder match should be very good and I expect the WWE Championship match to be very good. The ECW match could be good as well. The women's match will be horrible, but provides some eye candy. Kane vs. Khali is going to be horrible and I hope its no more than 5 minutes.

Umaga is the Intercontinental champion and it's not on the line and the same can be said for Lashley's ECW Championship title. Cena and HBK are the World Tag Team Champions and they are fighting each other. I don't know how they are going to get the belts off of them and I doubt they have even thought about that. WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick did not make the card for some reason and Chavo Guerrero and his Cruserweight Title were also left off. How they explain putting Kane and Khali on Mania and not their current champs always baffles me.

It's 4 Hours for $49.95. 7 eastern/6 central.

Chip R
04-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I haven't bought a PPV for years. I don't even follow it that much anymore.

I did watch some of the HOF inductions this morning. I thought it would have been a good idea when Dusty Rhodes was accepting his HOF award if Ric Flair and Arn Anderson came up on stage and beat the crap out of Dusty for old times' sake. ;)

Ravenlord
04-01-2007, 05:42 PM
both Championship and MITB matches are the only ones that even appear entertaining on the surface.

the rest of it looks like crap. Benoit should be put against someone who can at least work as well as him. Khali just needs to go away and be forgotten before he kills someone...again.

guttle11
04-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Rumor going around of a special appearance by someone who is beyond awesome.

Jpup
04-01-2007, 06:16 PM

please don't post spoilers, as I would love to be suprised. :)

Chip R
04-01-2007, 06:19 PM

Is Pete Rose going to be chokeslammed by Kane again?

Jpup
04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Is Pete Rose going to be chokeslammed by Kane again?

That's the Royal Rumble when that happens. :laugh:

6-4-3
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Ken Kennedy is the new Mr. Money in the Bank.

kaldaniels
04-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Is there any remote possibility Trump gets his head shaved??? That would be awesome.

redsfan1966
04-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I want to call my shot right now...and I could be horribly wrong but here goes...and I also want to give my wife credit for this as well...as far as the "Battle of the Billionaires" head shaving match goes; just remember--this is April 1st (APRIL FOOLS DAY)--just think of that when it turns out neither McMahon or Trump gets their heads shaved...and no, I will not shell out fifty for the Mania--I needs my money for Opening Day...

kaldaniels
04-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I want to call my shot right now...and I could be horribly wrong but here goes...and I also want to give my wife credit for this as well...as far as the "Battle of the Billionaires" head shaving match goes; just remember--this is April 1st (APRIL FOOLS DAY)--just think of that when it turns out neither McMahon or Trump gets their heads shaved...and no, I will not shell out fifty for the Mania--I needs my money for Opening Day...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/30/news/companies/wwe/index.htm?postversion=2007033012

This guy called it as well.

TeamSelig
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
updates?

Gainesville Red
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
updates?

I looked at wwe.com out of curiosity. There's a picture of McMahon with a shaved head.

6-4-3
04-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Winners:
Mr. Kennedy ($ in the Bank)
Benoit (retains US)
Lashley / Trump
ECW Originals
Melina
'Taker (new champ World)
John Cena (retains WWE)

guttle11
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I had a blast.

Jeff Hardy's still insane. He jumped off a really big ladder, and landed butt first onto edge, who was laid out on another ladder.

Donald actually jumped Vince and "punched" him. Austin even gave Trump a stunner, sort of.

Tara Connor was with Trump.

The last match was better than I thought it would be.

Good, fun show overall.

redsfan30
04-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I will never love a wrester any more than the Undertaker.

I haven't watched wresting in quite some time, but I'm glad to see he's regained the title. He's put in alot of years and given alot of himself to that company and he derserves it.

Puffy
04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Undertaker sucks. I grew tired of his behind the scene crap years ago. The reason he is still undeated at Wrestlemania is because he won't do the job and lose to anyone.

Anyway, I stopped really following wrestling about two years ago but I got the PPV last night. Some good - the ladder match was OK, but too many people. The Undertaker match sucked for the simple reason that there was no drama - u knew he was going to win (see not doing the job for others). The Cena Michaels match was actually very solid and easily the highlight - outside of McMahon getting his head shaved.

Definitely not the best Wrestlemania ever though. Probably in the bottom half.

TeamSelig
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I heard alot about the Rock and Stone Cold, and for some reason I was thinking that they were wrestling at WM?

I saw a segment where the Rock had a "concert"... funny stuff, Austin & the Rock were the main reasons why I watched WWE(F actually) back in the day.. when they left it all seemed to go down hill (especially w/ the WCW buyout)

M2
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
From what I gather the matches were enjoyable, but talk about a predictable set of ooutcomes.

Seriously, there wasn't a single surprise in the bunch there, outside of maybe the Playboy cover girl not winning her match. It doesn't seem to me that the WWE is unpredictable enough to warrant the PPV cash outlay.

Jpup
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Thumbs Up

Best Match: Taker vs. Batista

I liked the show, but nothing was just outstanding like we have come to expect at Mania. For my money XIX was the best. The MOTB match was way too short, but the right guy probably won. I was really disapointed in that match. I really dislike Undertaker, but that match was the best IMO. Benoit is still amazing and actually pulled a decent match out of MVP. Kane and Khali was much better than it should have been and actually shocking when Kane lost because I figured Vince would want to put over "his" monster. The Lashley vs. Umaga match was horrible. I don't know what it says about Lashley when Umaga has a much better match with Cena than him. It was booked horribly with way too much interference, but the fans probably wanted that. Cena/Michaels was decent, but Shawn is getting really old. He needs to use something besides the same 3 moves for 30 minutes. Last night was probably the worst PPV match I can recall from Michaels. Cena was fine and held the match together.

ATTENTION DETROIT: Booing Cena isn't cool anymore. Get a life.:beerme:

guttle11
04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know what the rules are about posting pics and gifs, so if this breaks one, by all means delete my post.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/UltraSajid/mitb07.gif

redsfan4445
04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
That ladder match, when Edge was smashed had to hurt.... will watch RAW tonight to see if he is even wrestling, but i doubt it... Also saw the Rock i coming back to Monday Night Raw.. just dont know when as this was mentione by him 3-4 weeks ago!!
anyway just wanted to pass that on..

usher21
07-15-2011, 08:12 AM
these are old tactics and now its good reason to move away with the new money in the bank 2011.

Eric_the_Red
07-15-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.rooney.org/tlc/silly/holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg