PDA

View Full Version : another trade idea...

thatcoolguy_22
04-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Reds and Rockies

Kirk Saarlos
Griffey Jr
And pick a reliever other than coffey

for

Brad Hawpe
Brian Fuentes

opinions?

Tom Servo
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
I have to admit I like it, but see absoultely no reason why the Rockies would give up their very good starting rightfielder and closer for Junior's contract and some dime a dozen pitchers.

Patrick Bateman
04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Rockies have zero incentive to do that deal. Very lopsided for the Reds IMO.

BigRed
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Why don't we just throw in Milton to sweeten the deal? I like it, but no way the Rockies do that.

TC81190
04-03-2007, 07:43 PM
There is a (-)100% chance that deal would happen.

mound_patrol
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Reds and Rockies

Kirk Saarlos
Griffey Jr
And pick a reliever other than coffey

for

Brad Hawpe
Brian Fuentes

opinions?

If they throw in Holliday I'll do it.

On a serious note. It'd probably take atleast a guy like Cuerto or Votto to even get them thinking about it

TC81190
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Alright, trade idea redux:

Colorado receives:
Votto
Cueto
Griffey

Reds receive:
Garrett Atkins
Brian Fuentes
Brad Hawpe

Even that one isn't too plausible.

mound_patrol
04-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't the Rockies consider themselves serious contenders this year. If so, I dont see them making any big moves unless they fall out of it later in the year.

thatcoolguy_22
04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
how about we throw votto, belisle or saarlos, griffey and coffey

we take fuentes, hawpes and a mid tier prospect

Degenerate39
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Hell No

Dracodave
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
How about we stop throwing out trades like this? This is real baseball not fantasy.

Hawpe will take Cueto/Votto and more alone. These threads get funnier everytime I see them. If a team sends us any thing at all for any of crappy players (I am NOT speaking of Griffey here) I'd be happy. Truth is..

No one wants Cormier.
No one wants Milton.
No one wants Stanton.
No one wants Weathers.

These trade idea's get even more unrealistic and lopsided everytime we come up with them.

Mario-Rijo
04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Actually Hawpe is likely gonna platoon this year if he doesn't show he can hit LHP so he may be a guy we could get. Fuentes on the other hand would take Coffey and probably more. If you can have sub 4.00 era's in Coors with or w/o the humidor you are pitching pretty well, even as a RP.

Hawpe would take at least Saarloos, Burton and maybe someone like Janish. They likely would have little interest in Votto (only as a tradeable commodity) for 2 reasons. They have an up and comer in AAA at 1st (his name eludes me at the moment, it ain't Shealy of course) and there is rumblings that Atkins may eventually move to 1st because they also have an up and comer @ 3rd.

Now if you really wanted to risk it Burton and Hamilton would do it (says my gut), they need a CF type. But why would you deal a guy with that kind of potential in a position of such importance who could be the leagues best in 5 years.

Plus Griffey just ain't tradeable, at least not in the NL. Or to a team like that who doesn't add $$$, they like to subtract.

AtomicDumpling
04-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Alright, trade idea redux:

Colorado receives:
Votto
Cueto
Griffey

Reds receive:
Garrett Atkins
Brian Fuentes
Brad Hawpe

Even that one isn't too plausible.

If we wanted to get Atkins, Fuentes and Hawpe we would have to give up the likes of Adam Dunn and Homer Bailey both.

Take them one at a time. Atkins is similar to Dunn in career path and trade value. He had a very good year last year, is still young and plays a premium position.

Hawpe is similar to Encarnacion or Phillips in trade value.

Fuentes is a proven closer. Not a great one, but still a solid closer. They would want a proven closer or a proven starting pitcher for him.

The Rockies might trade Todd Helton at a decent price because he is getting old and is not as good as he used to be but he still has a big contract. Kind of like our situation with Griffey.

AtomicDumpling
04-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Most trades are made due to contracts -- i.e. how much money is still owed to the players involved. The talent level of the players is a secondary consideration.

Topcat
04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
O'Dowds a moron but not that much of a moron.

Jpup
04-04-2007, 04:55 AM
O'Dowds a moron but not that much of a moron.

he got an extension yesterday...:p:

no, I'm not kidding. It amazes me what jaded eyes we have when it comes to our prospects. No way Votto gets Brad Hawpe. No way Jr. goes to Denver. No way they are trading Fuentes for anyone not named Harang, Arroyo, Dunn, Encarnacion or Bailey.

George Anderson
04-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Griffey has to approve the trade. I am not to sure that would happen.

Unassisted
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Griffey has to approve the trade. I am not to sure that would happen.

Almost certainly not, since Griffey is on the record as stating he wouldn't want to go to a team that has Spring Training in Arizona.

zombielady
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I think that anybody worth trading needs to be kept... Of all of the trades I've seen the last few years, I've only felt that one was worth it... and that took some really good pitching.... :luvu: :arroyo: