PDA

View Full Version : Double play dream team reunited!

MartyFan
04-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Just noticed that the Nats lost Christian Guzman to some sort of injury and recalled DLo from Columbus..does this mean that they move FeLo over to SS?

With DLo, FeLo and Dimitri playing the IF for the Nats...what a scary picture of what the Reds could have been!

redsfanfalcon
04-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Won't Belliard play 2nd now? He is a quite a bit better than Jimenez IMO.

MrCinatit
04-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Wow. The Nats could be a scary-bad team this year.
I hope the fans are still in their "just thrilled to have a team phase" - and I hope for their sake that Jimbo is gone by the time that feeling wears off.

Marge'sMullet
04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Washington could easly lose 100 + games.

BRM
04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Josh Wilson played SS last night, Felo was at 2B.

RedsFan75
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
And what a bad night in the infield it was

BRM
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
And what a bad night in the infield it was

Wilson and Dmitri Young looked pretty bad.

RedsFan75
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes they did!

Red Leader
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Josh Wilson played SS last night, Felo was at 2B.

They've said that the long term plan if Guzman went on the DL was for Felo to move back over to SS and Belliard would play 2B.

Regardless. They're terrible. I think they have a chance to go 0-fer-April.

BRM
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
They've said that the long term plan if Guzman went on the DL was for Felo to move back over to SS and Belliard would play 2B.

I've heard that too. Guzman is only on the 15 day DL so we'll see what happens. I agree they're terrible.

Dunner44
04-04-2007, 10:04 AM

Well, they certianlly don't look good on paper today, throwing out someone maikng his first MLB start vs. Anibal Sanchez.

Maybe the Nats could pull a Marlins and just start their AA team. That would at least be interesting.

BRM
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Well, they certianlly don't look good on paper today, throwing out someone maikng his first MLB start vs. Anibal Sanchez.

Maybe the Nats could pull a Marlins and just start their AA team. That would at least be interesting.

Their pitching certainly looks awful. Their offense is interesting and has a chance to be decent though. Besides the former Reds, guys like Zimmerman and Church at least give the fans something to watch.

westofyou
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/03/AR2007040302023.html

Guzman's MRI revealed a Grade 1 strain, and he is expected to miss two to three weeks.

Lopez also backed off his initial stance of saying he wouldn't move back to shortstop -- where he played most of his career -- even if Guzman was out. Manager Manny Acta spoke with Lopez and said: "He'll do whatever's best for the team. That's who Felipe is."

Lopez took grounders at shortstop during batting practice yesterday.

"If it's for a while, and the team really needs it, I'm happy to go back," Lopez said. "That's the position I play naturally, so I've just got to work hard."