Biggio 2B
Everett SS
Berkman 1B
Lee LF
Ensberg 3B
Scott RF
Burke CF
Ausmus C

Does anyone in the Central know how to put together a lineup? Everett batting 2nd? (FWIW, he was down in the #7 spot last night).

It's stuff like this that can make even the most jaded fan (i.e., me) think we could win the division.

It raises another question, is Narron actually league average? Would that make his VORM (Value Over Replacement Manager) 0.0?

Nah, couldn't be. Could it?

pedro
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
where did CF Chris Burke hit?

The Astros ran out this stinker on Monday:

Biggio 2B
Everett SS
Berkman 1B
Lee LF
Ensberg 3B
Scott RF
Ausmus C

Does anyone in the Central know how to put together a lineup? Everett batting 2nd? (FWIW, he was down in the #7 spot last night).

It's stuff like this that can make even the most jaded fan (i.e., me) think we could win the division.

It raises another question, is Narron actually league average? Would that make his VORM (Value Over Replacement Manager) 0.0?

Nah, couldn't be. Could it?

BRM
04-04-2007, 01:10 PM

Burke hit 7th on Monday.

Last night's lineup looked better.

C Biggio 2B
C Burke CF
L Berkman 1B
C Lee LF
M Ensberg 3B
J Lane RF
A Everett SS
B Ausmus C

RichRed
04-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Oops, fixed it.

Dunner44
04-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Thats 3 easy outs at the bottom of that lineup. For all the crap Zo and DRoss get, they're better than Everett and Ausmus. (Though Asumus is a great defensive catcher) Gotta love Huston.

lollipopcurve
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
The NL Central is VERY righthanded.

LoganBuck
04-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Giving Eric Milton a snowball's chance in Hades, odds of succeeding.

BRM
04-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Giving Eric Milton a snowball's chance in Hades, odds of succeeding.

No kidding. Milton's OPSA last year:

vs. Left - .607
vs. Right - .854

TeamSelig
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Their lineup isn't that bad though.

Everett & Ausmus are pretty horrible (but both are GREAT defensively)... Burke is decent but nothing special... Lee, Ensberg, and Berkman are all pretty nasty

Sea Ray
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM

That's true, both in hitting and pitching. Kind of makes you think we don't have to force feed Milton into this rotation just because he's LH.

I think the Cubs have an awfully good lineup but I do think they're susceptible to tough RHPs and there are a lot in the Central.