PDA

View Full Version : Someone Tell me Why Lou isn't a Red

bomarl1969
04-05-2007, 07:02 AM
I know I said I wouldn't post much anymore, but the fact that Lou is a Cub is really disturbing me.

Obviously the Reds have a team that can win the central, so why didn't the front office take advantage and go after Lou to run this team we have? Narron is no manager. No last night's loss was not Narron's fault, I blame the offense for that, PATHETIC, everyone of em' should have to run 5 miles on the next off day for not producing for Arroyo last night, again pathetic.

Lou could have definitely managed this team to the NL Central crown. What were they thinking?

RFS62
04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I can think of about 10 million reasons spread out over the next three years.

redsmetz
04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I know I said I wouldn't post much anymore, but the fact that Lou is a Cub is really disturbing me.

Obviously the Reds have a team that can win the central, so why didn't the front office take advantage and go after Lou to run this team we have? Narron is no manager. No last night's loss was not Narron's fault, I blame the offense for that, PATHETIC, everyone of em' should have to run 5 miles on the next off day for not producing for Arroyo last night, again pathetic.

Lou could have definitely managed this team to the NL Central crown. What were they thinking?

Regardless of what you might say, Jerry Narron is a manager. Good Lord. It's two games into the season and someone's already herniating over "Narron is no manager" and "Lou could have definitely managed this team to the NL Central crown". Please! Lou at this point has managed the Cubs to the exact same record as the Reds. Yesterday was one stinking game - you win some, you lose some.

deltachi8
04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Your not talking about communists, are you?

Always Red
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I heard through the grapevine last year, that Castellini called for and had a meeting with Lou (right after he bought the team), and told him that he wanted Lou to be the manager, and would not take NO for an answer. Lou laughed, told him NO, because he could not manage by terms of his contract, and plus, he wanted and needed a year away. Then Lou proceeded to convince Castellini that JN is a very good manager, and why he thought JN is a very good manager.

FWIW, I have no idea if any of that is true or not; it's a story I heard last year from a person I trust who has an inside position with Fox.

bucksfan2
04-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I do not like Narron as the manager of the Reds. He would probably do a good job as a manager of the red sox or yankees or a team that had the pieces in place and just needed to be left alone and play. IMO this reds team needs a manager who is going to light a fire under their arse. They need a manager who is not going to let the team collapse (like last year). They need a manager similar to Lou who went storming out to the mound last night when Dempster wasn't throwing strikes. If I have a team who needs to be pushed in order to excel, which I think this reds team needs, Narron isn't my guy.

rotnoid
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Narron's got some good basic qualities, (at least he says he does). A team built on pitching and defense has to "do the little things right" and "play the game the right way" rather than waiting around for the three run bomb. Philosophically, he's right, but somehow the execution seems to get fouled up from time to time.

Then there's the argument that a manager only makes a 1-3 game difference in a given year. To those people, I say that 1-3 games would have made the playoffs last year. I'm just saying.

As for last night, and this year, the jury's still out. Should Bronson have hit the showers after 7? Maybe, but his spot was also due up in the bottom of the 8th and the score was only 2-1 at the time. Was Coffey the wrong choice- NO! He did his job, unfortunately the grounball he induced found a hole. It's one game out of 162. I'm not willing to pass judgement on this year just yet. Let's wait until a pitcher like Milton is left in too long to start on that one.

top6
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Then there's the argument that a manager only makes a 1-3 game difference in a given year. To those people, I say that 1-3 games would have made the playoffs last year. I'm just saying.

That's a good point.

hebroncougar
04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't like Narron and it's not based on two games, it's based on his general ineptitude and claiming to stress fundamentals while rarely calling on his team to execute these fundamentals. I'd love to see Lou managing the team, and understand he won't do so for the foreseeable future, and probably never again. His "conversation" with Dumpster last night was priceless and the kinds of things I like to see in a manager.

Highlifeman21
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Don't even get me started on why I don't like Jerry Narron.

Razor Shines
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't like Narron and it's not based on two games, it's based on his general ineptitude and claiming to stress fundamentals while rarely calling on his team to execute these fundamentals. I'd love to see Lou managing the team, and understand he won't do so for the foreseeable future, and probably never again. His "conversation" with Dumpster last night was priceless and the kinds of things I like to see in a manager.

What I thought was priceless was his conversation with himself on the way out to and from the mound. I imagine that somewhere Rob Dibble was having a nice laugh.