PDA

View Full Version : Your choice of announcer pairings.

Jim Fazio
04-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Who would you like to see paired as announcers? I would like to see Thom/Chris and George/Jeff. I also don't care too much for Picora or Day, would like to see Welsh the pre game guy alone.

sonny
04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Thom and Jeff. It was like hearing Guns n Roses for the first Time. Makes you want to throw out all your White Snake albums.

redlegs2370
04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I really enjoyed last nights game with Thom and Jeff. They called the game and analyzed and talked about the game. I must say that was the first time in a while that I have really enjoyed watching a game (except for the outcome) on FSN. I especially like the fact that they will not sugar coat mistakes made by the players.

aodaniel
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Definitely a nice change last night from Grande on FSN

RFS62
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I really enjoyed last nights game with Thom and Jeff. They called the game and analyzed and talked about the game. I must say that was the first time in a while that I have really enjoyed watching a game (except for the outcome) on FSN. I especially like the fact that they will not sugar coat mistakes made by the players.

Yep, me too.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Last night had the feel of nationally televised game. I never got that with Chris and George. Ever. They are minor league and Thom and Jeff are The Show.

I'm not up on this subject this early in the season, but will they all be splitting time? They need Thom and Jeff for every game. Very enjoyable.

BRM
04-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I really enjoyed listening to Thom and Jeff last night.

hebroncougar
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Thom and Jeff, good grief..........not even close. Welsh I can deal with, Grande should be doing the Gulf Coast league or something similar, where he can sow lavish praises on everything Cardinal Red.

rotnoid
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
And to think that Welsh and Grande are being outdone by this duo simply because they didn't want to do more games. Good for us all around.

George Anderson
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I think Brantley and his style are going got be incredibly popular in Cincinnati. He has a gruff, tell it how it is style that I think Midwesterners really like. I agree his play by play needs alot of improvement but the more games he does the better he will become.

bucksfan2
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I would like to get rid of Grande and have Brantly do the tv games. I think he is very good doing tv. He has not mastered the radio side of it yet.

coachw513
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
No need for a poll here!!...Thom and Jeff were a delight last night...when I got the EI package last year, I got to the point where many nights I'd root for the other team's announcers to have the game...that's pretty sad :(

TeamBoone
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
All of you guys should write/email FSN and tell them what you think. I would think fan support could go a long way when contract time rolls around.

Redlegs
04-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Brantley is actually pretty comical. I enjoyed his "What is a co-ed, anyway? In Mississippi, we just call 'em girls." Also enjoyed his bit about pronouncing the word cement as see-ment during last night's broadcast.

guttle11
04-05-2007, 09:56 PM
It was like night and day. In their first true game together, Thom and Jeff already have a much more entertaining rapport.

Welsh is somewhat unfortunate. I'm 99% sure he would be very good with a partner like Thom. Or Tyson the Skateboarding Dog.

redsfan1966
04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
did not hear the Thom and Jeff Fsn pairing...I am still kicking it old school and listen to the radio with the Tv sound down, so I got to hear Marty and Joe...I will say that even though George Grande seems like a nice enough guy, I think it is time for him to go and let Thom do Tv on a more permanent basis....

BRM
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
How about Grande and Tracy Jones? What a team they would be.

TeamBoone
04-05-2007, 11:37 PM
did not hear the Thom and Jeff Fsn pairing...I am still kicking it old school and listen to the radio with the Tv sound down, so I got to hear Marty and Joe...I will say that even though George Grande seems like a nice enough guy, I think it is time for him to go and let Thom do Tv on a more permanent basis....

I truly don't think that will ever happen. Not because of George... I think Thom is being primed to replace Marty full time when he retires.

Cedric
04-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Thom and Marty were simply awesome today on the radio. It felt like 1990 when Joe and Marty were in their prime.