PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Lou vs. Slim Dempster

Cant Touch This
04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I checked the game thread and saw no comments about this, but I was truly fascinated by this confrontation if you want to call it that. It lasted only a few words, but all of them were delivered by Lou. As Thom said while he made his way to the mound..."This is NOT going to be pleasant."

1) Any idea what Lou said? I tried to read his lips but was blocked by the Cubs huddle.

2) I thought it was a bit risky of Lou to berate Skinny D. with a man on and a 2-0 count. I completely expected the opposite to happen - I thought for sure he'd be rattled and issue two more balls for the walk.

3) I absolutely loved it that Dempster fired his first ensuing pitch before Lou even made it back to the dugout. He started working at Tom Browning speed after the little chat.

4) How long has Dempster been on South Beach?

as_v_1
04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
1) Any idea what Lou said? I tried to read his lips but was blocked by the Cubs huddle.

He probbly said something like this "throw a f&%*ing strike!!"

TOBTTReds
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I thought he said, "Just throw the damn ball"

redsfan30
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
I thought he said, "Just throw the damn ball"

That's what it was.

Spring~Fields
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM

"Piniella went out to the mound with some advice.

"I said it was 30 degrees and it was snowing, get the ball over the plate and you'll win a ballgame," Piniella said."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270404117&prov=ap