PDA

View Full Version : Lohse

joeredleg
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Does anyone like Kyle Lohse? I don't think he has it anymore.

Tom Servo
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
When did he have it?

redsfan30
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
This sure didn't take long.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Wow. 1 run and we already start these threads? I know we all went without baseball for 6 months, but calm down guys.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
This sure didn't take long.

:laugh:

BRM
04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
The guy has thrown 3 innings this year. He's got plenty of time to prove his worth, or lack thereof.

NJReds
04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
So far he's better than AJ Burnett, Chris Carpenter and Barry Zito.

I don't think we have anything to worry about...;)

registerthis
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Come now, step off the ledge...

Superdude
04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Lohse was solid down the stretch last year, is still decently young, and his stuff is good. I won't be shocked if he implodes, but he hasn't provided a reason to give up hope yet.

dougdirt
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Lohse so far in 2007

2.25 ERA.

*finds bridge, jumps. splat.*

TOBTTReds
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Lohse so far in 2007

2.25 ERA.

*finds bridge, jumps. splat.*

What with this optimism. ridiculous.:evil:

bucksfan2
04-05-2007, 01:48 PM

I am a Lohse fan. He has good stuff and has been productive in his past. I would love to see the reds put him in the pen as a closer but as of right now he is a good #3 starter.

UGADaddy
04-05-2007, 02:34 PM

This is one of the mostly poorly thought out thread starts I've ever seen. The guy lets go one run a few innings into his first start of the season and you want to run him out of town? Are you serious? Allowing two runs while getting into the seventh, by definition, is what we call a quality start. I like Loshe. I'm glad we've got him. I'm glad he's one rotations spot up now that the worst pitcher on the staff is sidelined for a few nights.

George Anderson
04-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Its encouraging to see this performance by Lohse. Granted its his first outing but you gotta like what you see so far. If we can have three solid starters in Harang, Arroyo and Lohse you gotta like our chances of contending in the Central this year.

But then again there is the bullpen:rolleyes:

HumnHilghtFreel
04-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I just got back from my dentist appointment. Did Lohse scatter those 10 hits or was he in trouble a lot? Either way good to see that he got out with a quality start.

bucksfan2
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Not only is Lohse's outing impressive but look at the way the first three starters faired against the cubs. The cubs have 3 very good hitters in their lineup in Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez and Harang, Arroyo, and Lohse pitch pretty well.

Sean_CaseyRules
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Its Lohse's first outing, how can you be hammering this guy so early in the season? He had a decent outing today, and here yall are bashing him already! Can't we all just be "glass half-full" type of people?

Razor Shines
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Not only is Lohse's outing impressive but look at the way the first three starters faired against the cubs. The cubs have 3 very good hitters in their lineup in Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez and Harang, Arroyo, and Lohse pitch pretty well.

I don't know how impressive it was. It wasn't bad, but he got kind of lucky. He's got to learn to pitch inside consistently, I think anyway. But I don't think he has the confidence to. I think if he tries to get away with pitching on the outer half all season hitters are going to get wise to that and just lean out there and pound it the other way. He didn't get hit hard today but he left a some pitches over the plate that I was surprised didn't get hit harder. But he was able to weather the 10 hits he gave up because he only walked one, and that was very important for him today. So if he does keep his walk rate way down this year, he will probably be very valuable.

rotnoid
04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Can't we all just be "glass half-full" type of people?

Where's the sport in that? :D

bigredbunter
04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I am a Lohse fan. He has good stuff and has been productive in his past. I would love to see the reds put him in the pen as a closer but as of right now he is a good #3 starter.

Me too-I would love to see what he could do in 1 inning segments. Lohse strikes me as the type of pitcher that could really bring it in short bursts--He's always had control problems...Wonder if that gets worse as the game progresses though?

Ltlabner
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't know how impressive it was. It wasn't bad, but he got kind of lucky. He's got to learn to pitch inside consistently, I think anyway. But I don't think he has the confidence to. I think if he tries to get away with pitching on the outer half all season hitters are going to get wise to that and just lean out there and pound it the other way. He didn't get hit hard today but he left a some pitches over the plate that I was surprised didn't get hit harder. But he was able to weather the 10 hits he gave up because he only walked one, and that was very important for him today. So if he does keep his walk rate way down this year, he will probably be very valuable.

It was nice to see (hear actually) him getting so many first pitch strikes. While you still have to finsh the batter off, I like agressive pitchers who don't nibble, but rather come right out of the gate looking for blood.

Razor Shines
04-05-2007, 03:58 PM
It was nice to see (hear actually) him getting so many first pitch strikes. While you still have to finsh the batter off, I like agressive pitchers who don't nibble, but rather come right out of the gate looking for blood.

Yeah, that's true he did have a lot of first pitch strikes. Probably one of the big reasons he only walked one.

TeamSelig
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I think Lohse will end up being a solid #4 (maybe not saying much)

4.75 ERA... he'll gather 12 wins or so, not expecting much... just an overall decent-okay season

paulrichjr
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
He has the potential to be very good. I saw him pitch once last year in St. Louis and he had some really nasty stuff that day. He looked almost unhittable. Sometimes guys like Kyle just wake up one day and learn how to pitch. I hope this is the season he does so.