PDA

View Full Version : Todays Game Blacked Out in Memphis Tn

redram
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Is there anyone else here in Memphis Tn that is Blacked Out today. The Reds are an Out of Market Team in Memphis so I should get the game on EI but NOOOOOOOOOOO. I called D* and get the we are not respo for the blackouts bla bla bla. I am waiting to talk to a supervisor now. 2 years ago the Reds were a home team in Memphis and still are on MLB.com, but DTV took them off of the Memphis Market. Now what I need to know is did they add them back. The web sight says no.

Oh and by the way the game does show on the sports mix channel, just not the 734 channel. aaggghhhhhhhhh

redram
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Just an update. DTV says I should be getting the game and does not know why I am not. I cancelled the EI package so I can check on Monday if the Reds are a Memphis Home team again. If it shows on 638 on Monday (after the free preview, then they are). If it says call 721 to order they are not and I would have to re-order the EI package. You can stll get the early bird rate until the 15th. This is for anyone in Memphis or the surrounding area that have DTV and the EI pack.

paulrichjr
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I get the Reds on Fox Sports and I live in Savannah TN which is about 2 hours from you. As far as I know we are in the same zone (we were last year). I do know that EI is blacked out in my area but FSN is not. I'm not sure how Directv worked last year or even this year but my parents have Dish and last year the regular FSN channel did not have the Reds but there was a seperate channel that carried the Reds during the game for Fox Sports South subs in the Reds territory. Thus, you could not turn the game on to Fox Sports South and watch the Reds...you had to turn to the FSN Reds channel.

redram
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I get the Reds on Fox Sports and I live in Savannah TN which is about 2 hours from you. As far as I know we are in the same zone (we were last year). I do know that EI is blacked out in my area but FSN is not. I'm not sure how Directv worked last year or even this year but my parents have Dish and last year the regular FSN channel did not have the Reds but there was a seperate channel that carried the Reds during the game for Fox Sports South subs in the Reds territory. Thus, you could not turn the game on to Fox Sports South and watch the Reds...you had to turn to the FSN Reds channel.

Yes on Dish, Cable, and MLB.TV memphis is a home team of the Reds, but last year DTV removed memphis from the Reds home market. They are the only carrier that did this. Last year was the first year I could get ALL the Reds games on any network. This year the CSR told me it should be the same. I should have gotten this game. I will wait and see on Monday, after the free preview is up. If I get the game on 638 then I do not need the EI package, If it tells me to call ext 721 then I will need it, But if I pay for it they better not blackout any more games.:bang: :bang: :bang: