PDA

View Full Version : The 9th Most Popular Baseball Team

Degenerate39
04-08-2007, 08:27 AM
The Buzz on Baseball
By Mike Krumboltz
Wed, April 04, 2007, 2:43 am PDT

Baseball season is back and searches on America's pastime are swinging for the fences. While players took the field, dedicated fans pushed searches on "MLB" up an impressive 64%.

A look at the demographics shows the sport is popular all over, but it's particularly big in New England. Massachusetts ranks first in buzz, followed by Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Other interesting opening day searches: "baseball salaries," "baseball tickets," "mlb stadiums," and "derek jeter pictures." Queries on "bud selig shirtless" remain scant.

Of course, despite the individual stars and personalities, baseball is a team sport. Here are all 30 big league squads ranked in order of buzz. Read on, enjoy, and play ball!

New York Yankees
Chicago Cubs
Detroit Tigers
Atlanta Braves
Los Angeles Dodgers
Boston Red Sox
Texas Rangers
Houston Astros
Cincinnati Reds
Cleveland Indians
Milwaukee Brewers
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Seattle Mariners
San Diego Padres
Baltimore Orioles
Chicago White Sox
San Francisco Giants
Kansas City Royals
Colorado Rockies
Arizona Diamondbacks
Los Angeles Angels
Florida Marlins
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Oakland A's
Minnesota Twins
Washington Nationals

PickOff
04-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Interesting. Not too many suprises, but I would have expected St Louis, NYM, and the Phillies to be a bit higher. Maybe at the expense of Mil, Pit, Cleveland, and Texas.

cacollinsmba
04-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I predict we'll go down once the gangbangers realize they can't get any predominantly black Reds apparel anymore.

Jpup
04-08-2007, 11:48 AM
No way are the Reds a more popular team than the Mets. I would think the Josh Hamilton buzz has something to do with the searches being so high.

vaticanplum
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I would think the Josh Hamilton buzz has something to do with the searches being so high.

It looks like these are the searches from Opening Day only, so I'm sure the mayor had something to do with it too.

Newman4
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I predict we'll go down once the gangbangers realize they can't get any predominantly black Reds apparel anymore.

Man, I must be getting old. I thought the gangbangers liked us for the red and not the black. Whatever happened to the good old days with the Bloods and Crips?

reds1869
04-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Man, I must be getting old. I thought the gangbangers liked us for the red and not the black. Whatever happened to the good old days with the Bloods and Crips?

You are correct: Bloods Red sells Cincinnati gear. There are several gangs that wear black as well.

cacollinsmba
04-08-2007, 09:41 PM

I was just harkening back to the days of the Raider posse.

Redsland
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
The Nats are last in "buzz"? That can't be right.

I'm seeing all kinds of press about that team. None of it good, but it's buzz, nonetheless.

Dracodave
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
The Nats are last in "buzz"? That can't be right.

I'm seeing all kinds of press about that team. None of it good, but it's buzz, nonetheless.

You mean the fact that Lopez already has a error? Woops...:laugh: