PDA

View Full Version : Is this a possibility?

BearcatShane
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
In a month or so when Bray and Majewski are ready to come back could the Reds maybe try to package Cormier and Freel for a good #3 type pitcher and put Hamilton in Center. They would only do this if Hamilton proves he can at least hit .250 at the plate. It would make our defence and pitching better.

Sea Ray
04-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Well Krivsky is clearly "stashing" players on the DL. It's not just bad luck that we have more guys on the DL than any other team. Seems to me this stashing will necessitate some decisions like a trade. I doubt a #3 pitcher will be available in trade unless it's a salary dump so my bet is no. Their OF depth is thin as it is so I doubt Freel is being shopped.

Jpup
04-08-2007, 11:47 AM
In a month or so when Bray and Majewski are ready to come back could the Reds maybe try to package Cormier and Freel for a good #3 type pitcher and put Hamilton in Center. They would only do this if Hamilton proves he can at least hit .250 at the plate. It would make our defence and pitching better.

Where is the other outfielder going to come from? Norris Hopper isn't the answer.

redsmetz
04-08-2007, 12:01 PM
I doubt we'd get a number three, but there's no question we're doing some serious stocking of players that can be packaged and moved. It may not be for a major league roster player, but then again, it could be another outfielder or such. I'm liking this juggling we're doing. It will be amazing if he pulls it off. Then again, jugglers always risk it all crashing to the ground.

I still think there will be an Executive of the Year award some day in WK's future.

hebroncougar
04-08-2007, 12:07 PM

I'm not sold on Hamilton in CF. Freel plays a pretty good CF, even if he is a bit reckless. And who hits leadoff if Freel is gone?

redsgabp
04-08-2007, 12:26 PM
if deno was gone, i would say ship freel and a pitcher.

but we need freel for as a OF for now. we really need his speed for the bases as well.