PDA

View Full Version : Hey JERRY: Get Hamilton a start!!

WMR
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
And learn not to tempt fate--and every statistical analysis in the world--when Eric Milton has gotten you five innings of 3 run baseball!!

:angry:
:censored:
:angry:
:censored:

HumnHilghtFreel
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Definitely would have liked to have at least seen Hamilton get an AB today.

thatcoolguy_22
04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Definitely would have liked to have at least seen Hamilton get an AB today.

He might still be getting over his flu bug... I would like to see freel take a day off. He didn't look too sharp at the plate today. Looked like he was forcing IMO

dougdirt
04-08-2007, 04:18 PM
He might still be getting over his flu bug... I would like to see freel take a day off. He didn't look too sharp at the plate today. Looked like he was forcing IMO
He also dove for 3 or 4 balls, probably could use the day rest.

reds44
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Righty or lefty pitching for the DBacks tomorrow?

HumnHilghtFreel
04-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Righty or lefty pitching for the DBacks tomorrow?

Doug Davis, lefty.

LoganBuck
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Are the Reds catching every lefthander in the league?

dougdirt
04-08-2007, 04:31 PM
It would appear so.

Degenerate39
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Calm down WilyMo it's still early in the season he'll get some starts.

Redus
04-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Why Narron didnt pinch hit with Hamilton instead of Valentin I'll never know.I'd have liked to see the kid get a shot down by two runs.

jmac
04-08-2007, 07:15 PM
The way Brando keeps swinging for the fences, I almost wish JH could play second base !

HumnHilghtFreel
04-08-2007, 07:17 PM
The way Brando keeps swinging for the fences, I almost wish JH could play second base !

Him and Junior. Lots of pop-outs from those big swings early on.

reds44
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Hamilton can't, but Freel can.

Just sayin'

Reds1
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Hamilton was on deck in one inning, but reds made the 3rd out. He would have started 2 games if he wasn't sick. He'll get in there. It's not like Freel is doing a bad job. He has been a part of a couple of the wins even though he had a very bad opening day. He does need rest though. Hamilton needs AB. Screw the lefty/righty thing and just Let Him Play. :)

KronoRed
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Hamilton can't, but Freel can.

Just sayin'

Freel is pretty bad in the infield.

reds44
04-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I think he could handle 2nd base for a night.

Start him tomorrow night vs. Davis with the lineup of:
Freel 2B
Dunn LF
Edwin 3B
Griffey RF
Conine 1B
Hamilton CF
Seabass SS
Ross C

That way Narron can still do his r/l/r/l/r/l thing. If you wait a night and do it against a righty, you'd have to hit lefties back to back in the middle of the lineup, which I don't know if Narron will do.

TC81190
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM

Do you think so? I like his range at 2B. He boots a few here and there and for some reason misses 1B with a throw, but he does alright in my book.

Degenerate39
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I think he could handle 2nd base for a night.

Start him tomorrow night vs. Davis with the lineup of:
Freel 2B
Dunn LF
Edwin 3B
Griffey RF
Conine 1B
Hamilton CF
Seabass SS
Ross C

That way Narron can still do his r/l/r/l/r/l thing. If you wait a night and do it against a righty, you'd have to hit lefties back to back in the middle of the lineup, which I don't know if Narron will do.

I do like that line up except Ross

reds44
04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I do like that line up except Ross
Would you rather have Moeller playing? Or Javy batting right handed?

:eek:
Yikes.

TC81190
04-08-2007, 08:34 PM

Yikes.

And he owns LHP. COld or not, Ross could use a big day at the plate to pick up some momentum out there.

Degenerate39
04-08-2007, 08:37 PM

Yikes.

I just don't have a good feeling about Ross this year. He is doing a good job throwing out runners though.

Always Red
04-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Hammy will be in there, soon enough.

Junior is getting very tired already, after playing 6 games in a row- too tired even to run out an easy double today that he thought he had hit out of the park. :eek:

RBA
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Actually, Freel needs to sit! Start Hamilton!

Spring~Fields
04-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Actually, Freel needs to sit! Start Hamilton!

I don't see why those two can't share the duties out there, unless Hamilton would prove to be over matched at some point.

Razor Shines
04-10-2007, 01:08 AM
One bad game and we're already done with Freel. His OBP was .385 going into tonight, for the most part he's done his job as a lead off man. He had a bad night tonight against a guy he's always struggled against, and with a right hander going tomorrow I'm sure he'll get a day and Hamilton will get a start.

bucksfan2
04-10-2007, 08:28 AM
One bad game and we're already done with Freel. His OBP was .385 going into tonight, for the most part he's done his job as a lead off man. He had a bad night tonight against a guy he's always struggled against, and with a right hander going tomorrow I'm sure he'll get a day and Hamilton will get a start.

Freel tends to do this when he is inserted into the lineup every day. He struggles when he starts every day for an extended period of time. People give Ross heck when he struggles at the plate but last night Freel looked absolutly clueless against a left handed pitcher. When you a right handed hitter and you look clueless against a left hander not named santana or randy johnson there is something wrong.

Razor Shines
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Freel tends to do this when he is inserted into the lineup every day. He struggles when he starts every day for an extended period of time. People give Ross heck when he struggles at the plate but last night Freel looked absolutly clueless against a left handed pitcher. When you a right handed hitter and you look clueless against a left hander not named santana or randy johnson there is something wrong.

For whatever reason Freel has always struggled against Doug Davis, it happens. A lot of guys just have pitchers that give them trouble. And I think Freel should get a day off and I think he will tonight. I think he would have last week but Josh Hamilton got really sick. Freel is fine he had a bad game, he needs a rest and he'll get one.

Redsland
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
For whatever reason Freel has always struggled against Doug Davis, it happens.
Brantley attributed Freel's struggles against Davis to the fact that Davis is sooooo incrediblyyyyyyy slowwwwwww.

Jeff said that Ryan is so hyper that by the time the ball got to him, he'd been waiting to swing forever. Which screws up his timing.

Chip R
04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Brantley attributed Freel's struggles against Davis to the fact that Davis is sooooo incrediblyyyyyyy slowwwwwww.

Jeff said that Ryan is so hyper that by the time the ball got to him, he'd been waiting to swing forever. Which screws up his timing.

Maybe Freel needs to take some Doggy Downers against these types of pitchers.

ncman31
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone think Josh gets the nod tonight against the DBacks?

They have a righty goin

BRM
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM

They have a righty goin

Tonight is as good a time as any.

bucksfan2
04-10-2007, 02:39 PM

But as a leadoff hitter Freel MUST be paitent. He is not doing his job for the rest of the lineup if he is not being paitent.

Redskinalum02
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Read in the USA Today Hammy WILL get a start either tonight or tomorrow night with righties going for the DBacks in each.

bucksfan2
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
If im the reds here is what I do. Freel is hitting about what he is going to for the entire year. What you see with Freel right now is most probably what you are going to see the whole year. I may be wrong but how he is playing right now is right about his norm. I put Hamilton in the game for 2-3 starts in a row. Give Freel a rest and then give Jr a rest. I want to see what Hamilton can do if given a chance to play for a couple days straight. If he looks good (isn't over matched at the plate, plays solid d, gets on base, hits the ball hard) then I keep him in the CF position for a little long and give Freel a start at 2b and 3b in about a 3-4 days span. I hit hamilton in the 2 hole with either Freel or Phillips leading off. This way I can hopefully maximize Freel's production and hopefully get a little more pop with Hamilton in the lineup.

EddieMilner
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
With Hamilton's struggles over the past few years, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have his first start in Cincy? I will be at Wrigley for the Saturday and Sunday games this weekend and I would love to see him, but the bleachers can be pretty ruthless to players.

Degenerate39
04-10-2007, 03:29 PM

They have a righty goin

I think he will and I hope he will. If he does start I wonder where he'll bat in the lineup

ncman31
04-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Sure hope he starts. About 5-6 of us who know josh from little league/high school plan on going up to the sports bar tonight to watch the game.

el hombre
04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Agree, Hamilton needs some ABs. But really he needs to play every day. The club is really doing Josh a disservice by having him rot on the bench. By seasons end, it could 5 years of bearly playing. There is no reason to think he coould hit at the big league level (60 at bats in the spring dont mean squat) after 4 years away & almost no expereince over A ball. Best thing for him would be to play in the minors. We should of tried to work a deal with tampa that would allow us to send him down.

Dracodave
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I think he will and I hope he will. If he does start I wonder where he'll bat in the lineup

Could we see the AGon/Brandon Phillips bat lead off?? :eek: :eek:

Degenerate39
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Looks like Jerry read this thread. Good job WillyMo

Redsland
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
We should of tried to work a deal with tampa that would allow us to send him down.
We may have, but it takes two to tango.

TB has said publicly that they'd take Hamilton back if we offered him, so they may not be willing to trade his rights to us.

membengal
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Hamilton is NOT going down. There will be no deal with Tampa that allows that to happen. Frankly, he's good enough right now that he can help this team win. Narron actually needs to be a bit more aggressive about getting him more at-bats.

el hombre
04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
So far so good. maybe I wuz wrong :)

Spring~Fields
04-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Many of you have had more time to digest and to process what you have seen with Hamilton and the current Reds. I was wondering what your position and thoughts are now on him playing regularly and since there appears to be no other choice but to give him Freels spot in the outfield and to use Freel as a super sub, what are your opinions of today?

I think that they can stop treating him so fragile on playing time, I believe he can play the game at a higher level on offense and defense regardless of the traditional norms that lead to a bias that would sit him.

George Anderson
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Many of you have had more time to digest and to process what you have seen with Hamilton and the current Reds. I was wondering what your position and thoughts are now on him playing regularly and since there appears to be no other choice but to give him Freels spot in the outfield and to use Freel as a super sub, what are your opinions of today?

I think that they can stop treating him so fragile on playing time, I believe he can play the game at a higher level on offense and defense regardless of the traditional norms that lead to a bias that would sit him.

Play Hamilton every day!! This isnt rocket science, this team needs hitting and Hamilton can hit.

zombie-a-go-go
04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
As much as I love Freel, I think it's time to return him to the super-sub role he handled so well in his last few seasons here, and see if Hamilton can't handle CF full-time. I think the need for a high OBP guy at the top of the lineup (and the perception, right or wrong, that Freel is the only guy who can provide that) is the only thing preventing Narron from giving Josh the keys to the Rolls.

WMR
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Freel's playing time should revolve around the other 8 positions for the time being, IMO.

Let's find out what this kid can do with extended PT.

He's been amazing whenever he gets half a shot to date.