PDA

View Full Version : Bray Has a "Small" Hairline Fracture

reds44
04-09-2007, 02:42 PM
An x-ray this morning in Sarasota revealed a small, non-displaced hairline fracture at the tip of Bill Bray’s left index finger. His treatment doesn’t change, except he’ll be in a splint for 7-10 days.
-Big Trent

BRM
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Buys Wayne a little more time.

paulrichjr
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
After a 30 day stint in AAA we want see either one of the dynamic bullpen duo until at least the end of May.

Ravenlord
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
if Bray wasn't a pitcher, there'd be little concern...however, it is worrysome that gripping the ball (probably for his slider) puts enough stress on his hand to break a bone. got to wonder about strength in the surrounding ligaments too. this kind of thing could very well be degenerative to a pitcher.

Degenerate39
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish him a speedy recovery. I hoped he would be the closer one day but I'll have to wait a while longer for that to happen if it does.

REDREAD
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Ever since Kearns' "blister" on his hand (which ended up being a complex surgery, IIRC) , it's hard to believe any medical update the Reds give.

Will M
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I know that most here dislike Cormier but I don't think he gets traded until Bray comes back healthy.

RedsManRick
04-09-2007, 03:55 PM
HIPAA prevents a lot of this information from being shared. Basically, no organization can divulge diagnosis information without written patient consent. MLB teams could probably be sued by players if the players were so inclined.

Redsland
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
HIPAA prevents a lot of this information from being shared.
The Reds sure seem to pick their moments, though.

When Griffey breaks his hand or Deno has TJ surgery, we get "he's fine, can't talk about it."

But when Bray, who's already on the DL, has a "small, non-displaced hairline fracture" that has no effect on his treatment, the press releases fly. :dunno: