PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro quote...

coachw513
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
apparently with some history with Dice-K...quotes courtesy of ESPN.com:

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul,'' Ichiro said, in a quote for the ages. "I plan to face him with the zeal of a challenger.''

Man, I guess this guy wants to get a hit or 2 off of the Dice-man...based on previous matchups, Dice-K owns him:

The two first faced each other in 1999, when Matsuzaka, an 18-year-old kid barely out of high school, struck out Ichiro three times in a row. Matsuzaka made nine more starts for the Seibu Lions against Ichiro's Orix team over two seasons, and held Ichiro to a cumulative .235 batting average on eight hits in 34 at-bats.

But don't you love the whole "Samurai" attitude...my God, if he strikes out, does he have to kill himself with his own sword :eek:

smith288
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Shouldn't Ichiro always have the "zeal of a challenger"?

westofyou
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
http://towrowrow.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/racer_x.jpg.w300h203.jpg

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul
I plan to face him with the zeal of a challenger.''

FlightRick
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I just want to know how many times Ichiro's quote had to be translated into English, retranslated into Japanese, and back again before it could be rendered that awesome.

Also: I'm fairly certain that all Ichiro needs to ensure success is a SUPER KARATE MONKEY DEATH CAR~!

BCubb2003
04-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I wonder how "I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit" would sound in Japanese?

sonny
04-13-2007, 04:44 AM
I wonder how "I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit" would sound in Japanese?

Domo Oregato, Mr. Pete Rose-O?