PDA

View Full Version : Freel/Griffey/Hamilton

Will
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Who's the odd man out if Hamilton turns into an everyday player ? I know it's a reach that Josh will play so well Narron has to have him in the lineup everyday. But what if he does ? The talent is definately there and I'd love to see him play everyday. I guess Freel is the odd man out, but defensively he's better than Junior and Junior isn't exactly lighting it up offensively (hustle not even factored in). Probably the safest bet is Junior will chip a nail and be on the DL like usual anyhow :laugh: .

Razor Shines
04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Who's the odd man out if Hamilton turns into an everyday player ? I know it's a reach that Josh will play so well Narron has to have him in the lineup everyday. But what if he does ? The talent is definately there and I'd love to see him play everyday. I guess Freel is the odd man out, but defensively he's better than Junior and Junior isn't exactly lighting it up offensively (hustle not even factored in). Probably the safest bet is Junior will chip a nail and be on the DL like usual anyhow :laugh: .

You're right that's hillarious, Jr. always sits out with wimpy injuries. And all that elective surgery that he has done also. Like getting screws put in his knee for no reason whatsoever. What a wuss.

dougdirt
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Griffey is hitting the ball fine, he has just been fairly unlucky with hits falling in. He has 2 strikeouts in about 30 at bats this season and he is hiting the ball hard. As for the rip on Griffey for the injuries, poor taste.
Freel will be the odd man out, although I would not be surprised one bit if he is traded.

Razor Shines
04-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Griffey is hitting the ball fine, he has just been fairly unlucky with hits falling in. He has 2 strikeouts in about 30 at bats this season and he is hiting the ball hard. As for the rip on Griffey for the injuries, poor taste.
Freel will be the odd man out, although I would not be surprised one bit if he is traded.

That's true and even without hitting the ball that well his OBP is .405, and he leads the team in walks. Pitcher's still fear him and that's valuable.

rdiersin
04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
That's true and even without hitting the ball that well his OBP is .405, and he leads the team in walks. Pitcher's still fear him and that's valuable.

Or they don't fear who's behind him. It will be interesting to see if there will be any change if EE keeps hitting behind him in the order like today.

Will
04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry for poking fun at Griffey man, I know he's your favorite player but he is injured a large portion of the time. I would love to see him stay healthy all year, but odds are he'll be on the DL by the end of May.

AccordinglyReds
04-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I'd like to see Hamilton and Freel get similarly equal playing time for awhile longer before naming one an often starter. For the time being, perhaps if there is no off-day in a week, Hamilton can give Griffey the day off and play in RF. I hope Freel is not traded, and especially so early in the season.

Razor Shines
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry for poking fun at Griffey man, I know he's your favorite player but he is injured a large portion of the time. I would love to see him stay healthy all year, but odds are he'll be on the DL by the end of May.

He's not my favorite player.

Yes he's injured a lot but comparing his injuries to chipping a nail is stupid and it seemed like you're saying that he's looking for reasons to sit out, if that's the case he could just retire.

Will
04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
He's not my favorite player.

Yes he's injured a lot but comparing his injuries to chipping a nail is stupid and it seemed like you're saying that he's looking for reasons to sit out, if that's the case he could just retire.

I was responding to dougdirt.

Razor Shines
04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Or they don't fear who's behind him. It will be interesting to see if there will be any change if EE keeps hitting behind him in the order like today.

That's probably some of it. I hope EE starts hitting, I think if Jr. starts seeing pitches to hit he'll put up good numbers. He put up good power numbers last year, he just was patient.

Razor Shines
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I was responding to dougdirt.

Oh ok sorry. Then ignore the first part of my post, but the rest of it still applies.

Redlegs
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Best case scenerio would be Hamilton continues to shine, Griff stays healthy all year, and Freel gets mixed in all around the diamond. If that's the case, GABP should be a lot of fun this summer.

I heard Narron say Hamilton may even play some 1B.

dougdirt
04-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Actually the odds are very much against that. 2004-2006 May was the month that he had the most at bats. June was the second most.

Will
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I may be wrong about when he goes on the DL, but history shows it probably will happen. I hope Junior has a banner year and remains healthy.

Griffey games played since 2001.
2001 CIN 111
2002 CIN 70
2003 CIN 53
2004 CIN 83
2005 CIN 128
2006 CIN 109

dougdirt
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
History shows the Reds will probably suck this year.... but we still gotta have faith otherwise right? No need to be a 'Debbie Downer' just because.

Will
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I hear ya man, no more Debbie Downer for me :D

UPRedsFan
04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Freel needs to dust off his 2B and 3B glove and take lots of infield. As long as Hamilton continues, he'll return to super sub and give EE, Phillips, Griffey, Dunn and Hamilton occasional days off.

jmac
04-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I may be wrong about when he goes on the DL, but history shows it probably will happen. I hope Junior has a banner year and remains healthy.

Griffey games played since 2001.
2001 CIN 111
2002 CIN 70
2003 CIN 53
2004 CIN 83
2005 CIN 128
2006 CIN 109
History also shows JR in CF so who knows , just maybe this year will be different.
As for the question....this lineup is definitely better with JH, Jr, Dunner but with a predominantly loaded lefty lineup....there is a need to get a rh bat in there vs a lefty.
This is where Deno could get some ab's if he was around. My guess is JN will play Freel against most lefties till JH really establishes himself or a trade is made.