PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton handles Cubbie's fans

NorrisHopper30
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Apparently he was being heckled and taunted by Cubbies fans in the left field bleachers, and during one inning he came out to field with his batting glove in his back pocket with the middle finger sticking up towards the fans.

Can anyone confirm this, props to Josh!!

:mooner:

Joseph
04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Funny stuff. :)

goreds2
04-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Very nice. I cannot confirm this though.

BigJohn
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.tracyjonesonline.com/cunninghamCLR.gif

ND_redsfan10
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
You're a great American, Big John.

Chip R
04-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Clever, Josh. :)

TeamSelig
04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
lol awesome

justincredible
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Haha, if this is true then I give major props to Josh.

Grounds_Crew
04-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Haha.....I imagine that it COULD be true..and pretty funny/clever if so. But, my guess is that it was accidental.

BaseballBum
04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Rabbit ears.

RollyInRaleigh
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Rabbit ears.

Nope, just havin' fun.:laugh:

KYRedsFan
04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Was in the bleachers but you'll excuse me for not staring at Hamilton's rear. Too many other things catching my eye...

Redlegs
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I wonder if the Cubbies fans even knew what the score of the game was. I'd guess half those people just go to be seen at Wrigley rather than to actually cheer on their lovable losers.

Dunner44
04-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Love your sig Redlegs... oh Les Nessman, winner of the coveted Silver Sow award.

Anyway, Cubs fans suck. My roommate is one of those cubs fans, and was at the game yesterday (did he think to invite me or tell me in advance he was going... of course not). He came home on the late train all sad. It made not going worth it.

George Foster
04-16-2007, 11:25 PM
If the cubs fans did this, they are cruel. It's ok to rip a guy about a error, strikeout, last year, etc. Children, parents, divorce, or cleaning up your life is totally unexceptable. Cub bleacher fans are classless.

Cedric
04-16-2007, 11:45 PM
If the cubs fans did this, they are cruel. It's ok to rip a guy about a error, strikeout, last year, etc. Children, parents, divorce, or cleaning up your life is totally unexceptable. Cub bleacher fans are classless.

Happens everywhere. I heard more than a few drunk people making jokes about Josh on opening day. They had Red gear on.

I heard the cheesy, unoriginal Darryl Strawberry line about five times in one game.

mroby85
04-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Cubs fans are idiots

smith288
04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Those type of people go home to zilch but an empty satisfaction that they "brought" Josh down a few pegs for his struggles and continual recovery.

Itll last them about a night. But Josh will continue to push on, beating the odds. Hitting homeruns and educating the dangers of getting mixed up in the scene. He will be better for it. Those "fans" will only continue to rot from the inside out.

OSUredsFAN
04-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I went to the game on Sunday. I almost got into a few fights with the awesome cubs "fans" that they have up here. They always love to run their mouth. It makes me laugh most of the time, but the other day pushed me over the edge. They never can lose with class, hell they can't even win with class.

Caseyfan21
04-17-2007, 08:10 AM
The Cubs fans were extremely friendly and nice at Saturday's game when they were beating us. Then, Sunday, the friendly confines became quite a bit less friendly, especially as the game went on and the beer kicked in.

EddieMilner
04-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I go to every Reds game at Wrigley I can get into and I never have problems. I don't choose to sit in the bleachers for those games (mainly because the bleachers are a great party, but a lousy place to watch baseball). I don't go around telling Cubs fans they are idiots, I just keep my mouth shut. And respectfully cheer on my reds.

OSUredsFAN
04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I go to every Reds game at Wrigley I can get into and I never have problems. I don't choose to sit in the bleachers for those games (mainly because the bleachers are a great party, but a lousy place to watch baseball). I don't go around telling Cubs fans they are idiots, I just keep my mouth shut. And respectfully cheer on my reds.

I do the same thing, but they always start it by yelling at me and dropping the f-bomb and all that. I never start anything. We were just walking out not saying anything.

Keystone12
04-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Happens everywhere. I heard more than a few drunk people making jokes about Josh on opening day. They had Red gear on.

I heard the cheesy, unoriginal Darryl Strawberry line about five times in one game.

I was in the bleachers for Wrigley's first night game in 2003. The stands were packed with drunks who hit the bars right after work. It was great. The Reds kicked the crap out of the Cubs and Mark Prior.

But the most priceless bleacher bum line, thrown out there randomly in about the 8th inning once the game was no longer in doubt:

DUNN BEATS HIS WIFE!

It's still a catchphrase with my friends.