PDA

View Full Version : There's an alternative to the game thread

TeamCasey
04-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm just tossing this out there because there are many new people on board this year. The board has a chat room that can be a lot fun during games. It's located on the menu bar next to your User CP.

I see last night's game thread is 36 pages. I only read the last page. It sounds like there was lots of other discussion going on.

The chat room is less restrictive than the board. I think you'll only get bumped if you're downright mean or crude. We haven't had those issues for a long time.

It can be a lot of fun especially with more people using it.

It would be nice if the game threads got smaller while the chat room got larger. It would help the board's bandwidth issues as well.

Grab your buddies and belly up to the bar in chat. :beerme:

cincy09
04-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm just tossing this out there because there are many new people on board this year. The board has a chat room that can be a lot fun during games. It's located on the menu bar next to your User CP.

I see last night's game thread is 36 pages. I only read the last page. It sounds like there was lots of other discussion going on.

The chat room is less restrictive than the board. I think you'll only get bumped if you're downright mean or crude. We haven't had those issues for a long time.

It can be a lot of fun especially with more people using it.

It would be nice if the game threads got smaller while the chat room got larger. It would help the board's bandwidth issues as well.

Grab your buddies and belly up to the bar in chat. :beerme:

I'm on board with this as well.

It would be nice if the game thread had more pbp and less banter. As it stands now, it's nearly impossible to follow.

remdog
04-17-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm on board with this as well.

It would be nice if the game thread had more pbp and less banter. As it stands now, it's nearly impossible to follow.

I agree. People are useing the game thread as though it were a chat room and it really becomes unwieldy.

Thanks for bringing up the topic, TC.

Rem

RedFanAlways1966
04-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I suggest some read last night's game thread (Apr. 16). The amount of crying and whining reached new heights. No, no... not about the REDS playing a bad game. About things like the rules of the board, reputation is stupid, etc, etc.

Really disheartening for some bad-apples to ruin fun baseball talk w/ their immature behavior. If you don't like what you see hear, get the...

www.mlb.com

And don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Ltlabner
04-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Chat really is a great option for watching the games. I only jump into the GT when Chat is empty or really slow. But it's a fast paced, much more relaxed and less resourse intensive for Boss/GIK. Give it a try.

This message paid for by GAC for chat czar, GainsvilleRed treasurer

Gainesville Red
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
This message paid for by GAC for chat czar, GainsvilleRed treasurer

While I appreciate the shout-out, I'm sorry to say I've had little to do with Chat this year.

If you haven't been into chat, you should.

Unfortunetly, I've been watching via mlb.tv rather than EI as in prior years. MLB.tv's got a nice little delay which ruins suprises if you're partaking in Chat.

I miss Chat greatly. Stop in, say hi to GAC and LtlAb, it's much more laid back in there, but that doesn't mean you should go in there and trash the place. No one's saying you can't show a sense of humor and no one's saying you can't criticize, just don't turn Chat into a bipolar reds bashing/we're winning the world series fest like the gamethread's have turned into.

Show some class. Take some time to show how smart you are, make a nice observation, ask a question why someone did something. Maybe someone will show you how smart they are. Enjoy Chat and RedsZone as a whole. It's the best messageboard I've ever seen. (until recently) If you're not interested in enjoying a ballgame, go to reds.com. They'll welcome you.

coachw513
04-17-2007, 10:05 AM
just don't turn Chat into a bipolar reds bashing/we're winning the world series fest like the gamethread's have turned into.

No better description of our game threads has been uttered!! :beerme:

Ltlabner
04-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I miss Chat greatly. Stop in, say hi to GAC and LtlAb, it's much more laid back in there, but that doesn't mean you should go in there and trash the place. No one's saying you can't show a sense of humor and no one's saying you can't criticize, just don't turn Chat into a bipolar reds bashing/we're winning the world series fest like the gamethread's have turned into.

You touch on something someone else posted a long time ago. Just as those of us who are chat regulars have a sense of ownership over chat and would hate to see people barging in and running amok, we are all invited guests of Boss and GIK. Accordingly, we should act as if we've been invited over to their homes and follow their rules. If they asked us to take our shoes off at the door, we wouldn't just barge in and say, "up yours" while tracking mud across the new shag carpeting.

We've all gone too far, made too smart alec of post, held onto an argument a few posts too many, said the wrong things, etc. But this is Boss' and GIK's home, and the mods are their hired hands. We should treat this place and respect their "employees" acordingly.