PDA

View Full Version : There's an alternative to the game thread

TeamCasey
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm just tossing this out there because there are many new people on board this year. The board has a chat room that can be a lot fun during games. It's located on the menu bar next to your User CP.

I see last night's game thread is 36 pages. I only read the last page. It sounds like there was lots of other discussion going on.

The chat room is less restrictive than the board. I think you'll only get bumped if you're downright mean or crude. We haven't had those issues for a long time.

It can be a lot of fun especially with more people using it.

It would be nice if the game threads got smaller while the chat room got larger. It would help the board's bandwidth issues as well.

Grab your buddies and belly up to the bar in chat.

smith288
04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Plus, you show your boobs in the form of text. How can one beat that?

TeamCasey
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Plus, you show your boobs....

Yikes! Maybe that's why folks aren't using it! ;)

Heath
04-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Yikes! Maybe that's why folks aren't using it! ;)

(edited for fear of spousal unit stumbling upon this website)

:oops:

KronoRed
04-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Link forwarded to appropriate authorities ;)

goreds2
04-17-2007, 10:12 PM
(Sorry)

I have never been in a CHAT Room before. How do you post a message once you are in? :confused:

NorrisHopper30
04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Several of us used the Chat Room for tonight's game and it was very nice.

BRM
04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Several of us used the Chat Room for tonight's game and it was very nice.

It was fun in there last night. Well, it was until WilyMo showed up. :p:

rotnoid
04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Last night was a good time in chat. It's much easier to keep up with when something happens, and the level of snark is generally much less.

Eric_Davis
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, I'll try it next time. It now means clicking between the game, the game thread, and the chatroom. Talk about trying to play catch-up. It won't do any good if you're coming to the game late or after it's over, where in the game-thread, it doesn't matter. But, it sounds like the benefits to the whole outweigh those added inconveniences.

Many of us don't have access to watching the REDS live, so I enjoy the comments interspersed with the play-by-play. I can get play-by-play from Sportsline.com or any other site, but comments, good and bad, associated with each play or pitch I can only get here.

Which brings me to this question:

I see all the time people asking, "What happened?". Are there people who can only get REDSZONE.COM but not able to open sportsline.com, yahoo.com, espn.com, cnnsi.com, foxsports.com, mlb.com, or any other site that gives them play-by-play?

membengal
04-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Those sites are behind the live stuff. So, if you are "watching" a gametracker, and people start saying "Dunn!" "Oooohhhhh" and whatever else, that's way before you will get your update on your gametracker...

Eric_Davis
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
That makes sense. That's why I try them all until I find one that is "almost live", and that does matter what bandwidth you use. I used to use 56K and that would place the action way behind REDSZONE.

Heath
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
That makes sense. That's why I try them all until I find one that is "almost live", and that does matter what bandwidth you use. I used to use 56K and that would place the action way behind REDSZONE.

56k?

welcome to teh internet, 2006 style :D

Chip R
04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Last night was a good time in chat. It's much easier to keep up with when something happens, and the level of snark is generally much less.

That's just cause I wasn't in there. :D

Ltlabner
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
It was fun in there last night. Well, it was until WilyMo showed up. :p:

No kidding. Then it when right down hill. :p:

smith288
04-18-2007, 05:15 PM
We need to find a way to integrate reputation into chat. :P

Unassisted
04-26-2007, 04:51 PM
CaiGuy and I held down the fort in chat this afternoon. It was too quiet in there. Are you people afraid to run chat on your work computers? ;)

KittyDuran
04-26-2007, 07:25 PM
CaiGuy and I held down the fort in chat this afternoon. It was too quiet in there. Are you people afraid to run chat on your work computers? ;)I should be in chat tomorrow night!:beerme: