PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread Etiquette

FutureRedsGM
04-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I was reading the “Game Thread Forum A Mess” Thread on ORG and thought I would try to contribute a little. I think if these simple rules / suggestions could be included either as a sticky in the Game Thread Forum or in each individual game thread, it would be quite beneficial. Please review and contribute anything that you feel necessary:

1) This thread is for current game info only. Please resist posting off topic items here. If you feel the need to post something that is not directly related to this game, do so in the Reds Live or Old Reds Guard (ORG) Forum.

2) The first post of each game thread should be the line-ups for that nights game. If only the Reds line-up is available, the opponents line-up should be added to that first post as soon as possible.

3) Use this Forum as a means for commentary on the game. Commentary DOES NOT include “so-and-so sucks”. That is unintelligent and a waste of thread space. If you are not a fan of a player or don't agree with a managerial decision. Please at least take the time to explain why and make sure that it is relavent to the game being discussed. There are plenty of threads in other areas where you can discuss why you don't like Eddie Milner so if it's not relavent to the game, don't bring it here.

4) A single person should be elected at the beginning of each thread to provide play by play. The PBP person should be respected as they are providing a means for following the game for those of us who cannot tune in. There is no need for more than one PBP person as this just adds confusion to the game thread.

5) Just like all other forums on this great board, the Game Threads are no place to beg for positive rep or complain about negative rep. As a rule, DO NOT MENTION REP.

6) All general board rules (listed at the bottom of each page) should be observed at all times.

Like I said, please add to this accordingly. I’m sure it is not complete, but maybe it is a good starting point to get the game threads back to enjoyable.

EddieMilner
04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
There are plenty of threads in other areas where you can discuss why you don't like Eddie Milner so if it's not relavent to the game, don't bring it here.

What's wrong with Eddie Milner?

Chip R
04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
4) A single person should be elected at the beginning of each thread to provide play by play. The PBP person should be respected as they are providing a means for following the game for those of us who cannot tune in. There is no need for more than one PBP person as this just adds confusion to the game thread.

Elected?

Red Leader
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Elected?

hahaha. Chip didn't get a ballot. Chip didn't get a ballot... :mooner:

Tom Servo
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Elected?
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

membengal
04-17-2007, 06:03 PM
FRGM...that is a fantastic synopsis of that conversation and guidelines that are absolutely sound in all respects. Well done.

Heath
04-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I vote for Pedro.

no...not THAT Pedro...

Redsland
04-17-2007, 07:16 PM
What's wrong with Eddie Milner?
:laugh:

Chip R
04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I think everyone should, when in the game thread, type with their pinky finger sticking out. ;)

HumnHilghtFreel
04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I think everyone should, when in the game thread, type with their pinky finger sticking out. ;)

That's not the common practice anyway? I feel so... so refined!

Dunner44
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Is the "one person doing PBP" a tenable situation? Honestly, anytime something happens, eighty people have to do one of these:

:jump: :hamilton: :jump:

I agree with the rest, but people are going to do multiple PBP. Some people will just do it better.

Redsland
04-17-2007, 09:05 PM
:beerme:

rotnoid
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM

Now that that's out of the way, what's proper game thread attire?

DannyB
04-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Thats the one I type with!!!:help:

HumnHilghtFreel
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM

I usually wear a monocle... that's it, just a monocle.

Degenerate39
04-18-2007, 12:19 AM

Just shorts

paintmered
04-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Overall good guidelines. Let's shoot for something a little more simple with PBP duties than an election. How about whoever calls it first, gets it.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Overall good guidelines. Let's shoot for something a little more simple with PBP duties than an election. How about whoever calls it first, gets it.

Calling shotgun seems to work for most other things lol

OldRightHander
04-18-2007, 12:26 AM
I usually wear a monocle... that's it, just a monocle.

I knew there was a reason we don't have video conferencing on RZ.

sonny
04-18-2007, 03:13 AM
I usually wear my big foam finger. makes it hard to type, but that explains my incoherant posting

FutureRedsGM
04-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Yeah, "elect" was a bad choice of words. Normally the first person to volunteer is a great choice.