PDA

View Full Version : Freel on Hamilton

icehole3
04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Said on the news tonite, "That kid's gonna help us win, I'll play wherever they put me."

:)

justincredible
04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Freel on Hamilton

So I take it Josh answered Freel's craigslist add from Spring Training?

Marge'sMullet
04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I just heard on MLB.TV that Freel said he is willing to give up his starting job to Hamilton.

David Cubbedge
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I just heard on MLB.TV that Freel said he is willing to give up his starting job to Hamilton.

Confirmed:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070416&content_id=1901859&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

"I know you have to have a guy like that in the lineup," Freel said of Hamilton. "He's one of the better athletes I've seen. Sky's the limit for him. I will put myself aside any day, any time in order for us to win a championship. Regardless of where he's been and what's he done or only playing this much, he's the type of guy that can step in and play every day. And he's the type of guy that will put up good numbers if you stick with him. I don't have any problem with that ... especially now."

Matt700wlw
04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Ryan Freel is the true team player.

Professional sports needs more of them.

fearofpopvol1
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow, that's amazing. Sports do need more Ryan Freel's. Hard to not want to have someone like him on your team...

buckshotrod
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Too bad Griffey won't agree to that!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

jimbo
04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Too bad Griffey won't agree to that!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, we sure didn't want that 2-4, 2 doubles, 2 rbis, and nice sliding catch on the field tonight. :thumbdown

MartyFan
04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
:luvu: :jump: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :KoolAid: :hamilton: :freel:

Love to see players buying into the team, the franchise and each other.

WVPacman
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Wow, that's amazing. Sports do need more Ryan Freel's. Hard to not want to have someone like him on your team...

Reds need more ryan freel exspecially on the field.Thats why I say trade EE and put Freel at 3rd.

fearofpopvol1
04-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Reds need more ryan freel exspecially on the field.Thats why I say trade EE and put Freel at 3rd.

I don't agree. Edwin is a lot younger than Freel and has a bigger upside than Freel does too. I'd rather see them trade Phillips if a starter has to go and move Freel to 2B. I do like Phillips though and I do hope he can prove to be a force, but I'm not convinced (yet)...

jimbo
04-18-2007, 12:01 AM

Boy, you are going to feel the wrath of RedsZone for that one. :help:

WVPacman
04-18-2007, 12:02 AM

lol it would'nt be the first time!!

;)

WVPacman
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM

lol it would'nt be the first time!!

;)

jhiller21
04-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Due to our lack of another decent lead off hitter, we are going to have to find someplace to put Freel. We all know Edwin and Phillips aren't replaceable defensively, at least on an everyday basis. And with Hamilton needing every start he can get, the outfield is jammed.

The only other option is to move Dunn to first (which he won't like), give Jr. LF, and have Freel start in right.

It's going to be interesting how this plays out, but I have to admire Freel's decision about Hamilton, classy move.

sonny
04-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Wow. Frell hustles on the field and would play catcher if they asked him to. If this attitude could infect some others, CHAMPIONSHIP