PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Over/Under - when does Jr. hit his first Homer?!?

BLEEDS
04-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Dude is still recovering from the broken wing. Pretty apparent when you see his Slugging Percentage is LESS than his OBP...

SO, when does he leave the park? this weekend? next week? Next Month? Before the All-Star Break?

Thoughts, comments, speculation...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Degenerate39
04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I think it'll be in this month.

dougdirt
04-18-2007, 03:09 PM
He is about 5 feet short of having about 5 HRs. They will come in bunches, and soon.

Matt700wlw
04-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I said last night he'll hit one before this weekend....however, that is not an option on the poll, but I stand by it.

redsfan30
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
He did the same thing in 2005...hit alot of balls to the warning track and then once he hit the first one, they came in bunches.

That'll probably happen again this year.

Patrick Bateman
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
He is about 5 feet short of having about 5 HRs. They will come in bunches, and soon.

Agreed.

This is the happiest I have bene with Griffey in a long time.

This year he has been showing fantastic plate discipline which he sorely lacked last season. And as you said, he has been very close so far (the cold weather hasn't helped things out either). He's looking like he will break out shortly, and until injury strikes, he looks like a good bet for a solid offensive season.

bucksfan2
04-18-2007, 03:33 PM
For this reds team there is an alarming shortage of long balls this year. I think from watching Jr. play this year that he is hitting the ball better than he has in the past fews. He is using all of the field and hitting the ball hard. He has missed out on a few hrs that when that hand gets completly healthy and the ball starts to carry a little better will be out of the stadium. I have a feeling that Jr. is going to go on a terror here very shortly.

membengal
04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Don't want to start a new thread on this, and this seems like a good spot to mention it, but, even taking into account the fact that they have generally been playing in a walk-in cooler this year at GABP, does it seem like the ball isn't traveling quite as far as usual? I know Phillips wasn't the only one who thought that ball was gone last night, I thought it was for sure off the batter's eye, and was stunned when it came up short. Other balls that have looked as good as gone have been short too. Probably the weather, but, still, strange enough to catch one's attention...

redsmetz
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Tonight! I just got 4 tickets in Section 116. Woo hoo!