PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Freel is Crazy... in a good way

Dunner44
04-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Here's this gem from Reds.com:

Utility pitcher? Now that Moeller is off the roster, Freel is the Reds' emergency catcher should something happen to Valentin or David Ross.

A utility man that has played five positions, Freel has never caught in a big league game. Seeking one day to play all nine positions, he also hasn't pitched either.

"That would be fun if it didn't mean anything," Freel said. "Forty-five games ahead and we already clinched would be the only way you could do it."

Freel already had his pitch selection planned out for the occasion.

"I would definitely throw the first one behind the guy's head," Freel said. "Just to make him think, 'I don't know what the heck is going on.' Then I'd provably groove in a strike and hopefully he doesn't hit a home run. Then I'd probably throw the next one over his head again and play around with him."

And if the batter takes issue and charges the mound?

"I'm hoping Dunn can come in from left field real quick," Freel said. "Actually, I'll just run out to left field. The guy won't catch me, I'll tell you that."

I'm glad he's on our team. I think if I was a player on another team, Freel would scare me. Almost as much as he scares the other outfielders when he's charging a ball....

TeamSelig
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
lol funny stuff... gotta love Freel