PDA

View Full Version : Questions the press needs to ask Narron...

Wheelhouse
04-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Who sent home Junior tonight?

After this comment:"I know our bullpen is much better than it was the last two nights," Reds manager Jerry Narron said. Then is it lack of preparation the last three meltdowns? Or would you call it bad luck? What do you think of the job Tom Hume has done getting bullpen pitchers prepared to go out there?

Why isn't Conine on the DL if he can't play the last 3 days? Obviously the bench is crippled if Castro is relied on to PH in a critical situation.

Is Weathers the closer or not?

What's the status of the grievance filed with MLB over Majewski (for Krivsky)?

Is Junior's hand healed or not?

tripleaaaron
04-20-2007, 01:23 AM
I was waiting for griffey, or even valentin to come up to bat in the 9th down by two runs in place of currently cold Ross, but Juan Castro, why? huh? I was baffled, and the result was exactly what I expected, I would have rather had Ross in there who reached base twice today with one hit, Castro pinch hitting in the 9th with the game on the line. Although the bullpen and gonzalez had much to do with our loss, Narron does have alot of questions to answer. Didn't he learn anything from the night before, pulling Harang perhaps an inning too early? Our players have shown that we have the talent to win this division, it is anyone's for the taking. But we need a manager who will make this happen.

WVRedsFan
04-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Who sent home Junior tonight?

After this comment:"I know our bullpen is much better than it was the last two nights," Reds manager Jerry Narron said. Then is it lack of preparation the last three meltdowns? Or would you call it bad luck? What do you think of the job Tom Hume has done getting bullpen pitchers prepared to go out there?

Why isn't Conine on the DL if he can't play the last 3 days? Obviously the bench is crippled if Castro is relied on to PH in a critical situation.

Is Weathers the closer or not?

What's the status of the grievance filed with MLB over Majewski (for Krivsky)?

Is Junior's hand healed or not?

Good questions, but as we learned tonight, all we'll ever get is "I'll talk to you tomorrow" out of Narron. Just ask C. Trent.

1. Junior was sent home by the good fairy :eek: . Of course he was sent home after consulting with Narron. Narron just doesn't have the guts to say so.

2. The bully is mediocre. Tonight, Stanton had bad luck and Weathers was horrible. He's shaky anyway and any good performance lately has been more luck than skill. Truth is, they need to throw strikes, but not down the middle of the plate. Getting behind is the great Satan. As for Tom Hume, I've hard great things about him, but the results are on every stat sheet. Our bullpen pitchers have been horrible the last three years. That's not a good evaluation and if he were in the business world, Tommy Hume would be looking for work. And before someone puts up that "he didn't have anyone to work with" argument. Consider Todd Jones. While here, he was mediocre, and now he's a hero (except today). Wonder why?

3. Conine is not on the DL because he's a crafty old veteran who knows how to play the game. Same as Castro, who is lauded by Vin Scully and Marty Brenneman. We have no bench asproven by the switches Narron makes in late innings, taking out our best hitters for "defensive replacements" like Norris Hopper. Of course, I keep wondering if anyone in the brain trust knows good fielding anyway. Good fielding must be defined as being old and not making any noise. Tonight, the latest defensive whiz, one Gonzo, made his third error of the season putting him alongside such other defensive gurus like Royce Clayton and Rich Aurilia.

4. Weathers is not nor ever has been a closer. He doesn't ahve the stuff for it and eveyone ignored this all spring in all the adoration and glee of the first five games. We do not have a closer and will not until we trade for one.

5. The grievance? What grievance? We ain't got no grievance. As far as I know, it was never filed and if it was, MLB is probably laughing at the rookie GM who didn't realize that Jim Bowden was a weasel in leather pants.

6. Junior's hand is not healed. For all the grief he gets on here, all he does is play every day and produces. Look at the numbers over the last three years. Watch in wince slightly as he hits the ball. Watch the ball go less far than last year. Blame it on the gut (whcih is laughable) and laziness (which is even more laughable), but he is not healthy yet. But he will be unless the RedsZone posters succeed in getting Freel the key to the city with his year-long 25-30 RBI's or he's traded to a city who appreciates him for two infield vets and a turkey relief pitcher.

redsfan4445
04-20-2007, 06:04 AM
if Conine wasnt available. and Jr does have the flu... then Narron should have saved Hopper(not take Dunn out) to bat for Ross and Valentine to pinch hit for the pitcher in the 8th...that would hav made more sense.. but the bullpen needs a huge wake-up call.. bring up somebody from AAA. and send a message and send down Coffey.. he isnt getting the job done and its going to hurt the team if he keeps hitting batters and leaving fastballs straight over the plate... anyway thats my comment

keeganbrick
04-20-2007, 06:25 AM
William P. Bray will be the closer of the future.:cool: