PDA

View Full Version : The Reds struggles against left handed starters

savafan
04-22-2007, 05:49 AM
2-6 .250 W/L % versus left handed starting pitching on the season. There isn't any right handed power threats in this line-up, nor on the bench really, to speak of. This is an issue that will have to be addressed if the Reds are to remain competitive on the season. Are there any right handers with pop out there that may become available?

mth123
04-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Just Role Players that I can see right now.

Marcus Thames and Reggie Sanders have been discussed. I posted a thread in favor of Robb Quinlan yesterday.

The problem is finding a place for one to play. It needs to come from EE.

Dracodave
04-22-2007, 09:46 AM

Marcus Thames and Reggie Sanders have been discussed. I posted a thread in favor of Robb Quinlan yesterday.

Quinlan can go to first/rightfield. I wouldn't mind sitting Hamilton against lefties as he is struggling mightly against them.

Tom Servo
04-22-2007, 10:20 AM

My suggestion for a versatile guy about on par with Quinlan is Casey Blake. Blake's part of a series of complex platoons in Cleveland, can play 1B, 3B, and OF, and is off to a bad start so far this year.

Plus he's a former Twin!

PuffyPig
04-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Are there any right handers with pop out there that may become available?

EE and Ross.

When they start hitting, We'll be fine.

If they start hitting.

mth123
04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
My suggestion for a versatile guy about on par with Quinlan is Casey Blake. Blake's part of a series of complex platoons in Cleveland, can play 1B, 3B, and OF, and is off to a bad start so far this year.

Plus he's a former Twin!

Blake would be interesting but I can't see Cleveland letting him go without making it hurt somewhere. Quinlan should be cheap to acquire and within any payroll parameters.

Degenerate39
04-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Conine

LoganBuck
04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Craig Wilson would be a nice asset to have on hand right now. Of course he is off to a slow start too though.

George Anderson
04-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I dont think Eduardo Perez has been picked up by anyone either. At the very least offer him a minor league contract.

AtomicDumpling
04-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Craig Wilson is a good observation. He has proven he can hit at the major league level, but has never been given a chance to be an everyday player. He could be an upgrade at first base for the Reds and would probably not be too ultra expensive either (especially after his slow start).

Wilson has a career OPS of .830 compared to Hatteberg's .767 and Conine hasn't had an .800+ OPS since 2001.

bucksfan2
04-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Quinlan can go to first/rightfield. I wouldn't mind sitting Hamilton against lefties as he is struggling mightly against them.

Yea is average is low against lefties but during last nights game they showed that Hamilton was 0-4 this series with 3 walks. I will take a 2 game stretch when a batter is getting on base 3 out of 7 times. How is he going to learn to hit lefties if he is sitting on the bench???

Redlegs
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
EE and Ross.

When they start hitting, We'll be fine.

If they start hitting.
I agree. I think Eddie will come around. I'm concerned about Ross.