PDA

View Full Version : Lineup Problems

runfreelrun
04-22-2007, 09:41 AM
It's time for Narron to shuffle the lineup. No way Adam Dunn should EVER bat second. Alex Gonzalez batting ahead of Josh Hamilton is downright stupid. Our two struggling hitters in EE and Ross batting back to back. Brandon Phillips, I like the guy, but he is no 3 hitter. Man the more I look at it we really do not have a good everyday lineup. We lack speed besides Freel, have no .300 hitters and our 3 and 4 guys, typically Dunn and Griffey are rally killers. We need a huge shakeup. Dunn or Griffey has to go (easier said then done). We need a righthanded hitting outfielder who can hit for average and we must address the catching situation because this lineup cannot afford a hitter like Ross in it if we are going to score more then 2 runs a game.

Redlegs
04-22-2007, 09:53 AM
The current problem with the lineup is the fact Ross, Encarnarcion, & Dunn cannot hit at the moment. Currently, I like Freel at 3rd with an outfield of Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey.

runfreelrun
04-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Has Dunn proven to anyone, in all seriousness, that he will hit with men on base. Come on guys, its time to be realistic, he is no more then a big slugger who cant make adjustments at the plate or hit in clutch situations. This team will be much better off when Dunn and his 10 million dollars go elsewhere and we use it to sign a guy like Tori Hunter.

Spring~Fields
04-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Poor ole Griffey and Dunn have been taking heat on this board for over six years running now. I guess that is because the other six guys do even less but somehow fly under the radar. Perhaps the Reds just are not a good team. If Griffey and Dunn are a problem, then how bad are the other six ?

membengal
04-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Sweet, another bash Dunn thread dressed up as something else. Awesome.

Remind me, gentle board member, which of the Reds is crushing the ball consistently right now besides Hamilton?

Spring~Fields
04-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Sweet, another bash Dunn thread dressed up as something else. Awesome.

Remind me, gentle board member, which of the Reds is crushing the ball consistently right now besides Hamilton?

I don't know who it would be unless his name is very inconsistent.