PDA

View Full Version : YNOT League?

Razor Shines
04-27-2007, 03:55 AM
The last few days I have been reading over at the cardclubhouse website and they play this game called YNOT over there. To me it looks like a lot of fun. Here is a link the introduction of how the game is played:

http://www.cardsclubhouse.com/ynot/about_ynot.php

And here is what a score card over there looks like:

http://cardsclubhouse.com/ynot/game_info.php?game_id=394&view=scorecard

I have been talking through PM with the guy who runs their game for the last couple days. He says that he used to run their games manually and he is going to send me his files on how to do that. So ours wouldn't be autonomous, unless some one here is a computer programmer and could figure it out, and you ok'd it with the board. But if there's interest in it I'd be willing to run it manually, he says it's pretty easy.

First I would need to know from Boss/GIK if this is ok to do. And secondly if there is any interest at all. There's no point in going through all this if no one wants to do it. It's very possible that this has been tried before and didn't work.
Just an idea.

sonny
04-27-2007, 05:18 AM
Looks pretty fun, if i may say so. Would this be an every day thing? If so, I don;t know if you'd find enough people. But a once a week thing, like the last game of the week, would give alot of folks time to fill out their scorecards and participate. Count me in if that's the case. Just a thought.

rotnoid
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm always up for a little competition, but I agree with Sonny. Something daily could be too much committment (at least for me). On a series by series basis like the example might work out. Count me in.

Razor Shines
04-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Looks pretty fun, if i may say so. Would this be an every day thing? If so, I don;t know if you'd find enough people. But a once a week thing, like the last game of the week, would give alot of folks time to fill out their scorecards and participate. Count me in if that's the case. Just a thought.

I think they do it at the beginning of every series over there. Which I don't think that's too often. But obviously we could do it however we want, once a week wouldn't be bad either.

Cardinal70
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Cardinal YNOT guru weighing in, if you don't mind. :)

We play every series. The game goes up usually the day before (i.e., Thursday for a weekend series) and people have until the first pitch to get their scorecards in. Then you just sit back and watch the series.

So, if you do one on a regular basis like we do, you fill out a scorecard basically two-three times a week.

However, there are many variations to it. You can do one based on just one game, or you can do one based on what happens in the upcoming month. We use YNOT for our yearly predictions as well and those cards aren't graded until the end of the year.

It's really a lot of fun and amazingly addictive!

hebroncougar
04-30-2007, 04:23 PM
i'd be game if it were a series thing.